GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 green screen when watching a DVD with a RGB Scart Cable"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/02/01 at 16:11
Regular
I personaly think that Sony shouldn't have taken the lazy option of just removing the other colours when using a RGB cable for DVD playback. It was done to prevent people copying DVD's to VHS with the best possible picture instead of using Macrovision like other DVD players. I use a RGB cable with my PS2 because it provides the best picture quality when playing games but when I want to watch a DVD I have to pull the cable out of the PS2 slightly to only allow 15 pin connection with is composite. This is really annoying because I could be watching DVD's with nice sharp images if it weren't for Sony's decision to go for the lazy option. Does this bother any of you other PS2 owners ?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 06/02/01 at 16:11
Regular
I personaly think that Sony shouldn't have taken the lazy option of just removing the other colours when using a RGB cable for DVD playback. It was done to prevent people copying DVD's to VHS with the best possible picture instead of using Macrovision like other DVD players. I use a RGB cable with my PS2 because it provides the best picture quality when playing games but when I want to watch a DVD I have to pull the cable out of the PS2 slightly to only allow 15 pin connection with is composite. This is really annoying because I could be watching DVD's with nice sharp images if it weren't for Sony's decision to go for the lazy option. Does this bother any of you other PS2 owners ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.