GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Old PC Games valuable?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/03/09 at 19:43
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Not wishing to impinge upon forum members with such trivia, but me and Mrs Dragonlance may be 'upping sticks' and moving to a new wyre.

As such, I'm thinking about 'stuff that needs to go' and 'stuff that probably doesn't'! (There is definately plenty of that.)

So, I have quite a few original, boxed PC games in pristine condition - not the present CD/DVD cased varieties - but the original boxed format.

Titles such as: Tomb Raider II starring Lara Croft 1998, Quake and Quake II series, Unreal etc etc

The question, is there a viable market for these or not. Or do I just try ebay and hope or deposit them in the local refuse centre:-)

Thanks, DL
Thu 05/03/09 at 18:49
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
spoonbeast wrote:
>
> ooh. Its like waiting for christmas all over again. What new
> goodies will come out of the attic/sack this time? Unless its
> empty in which case, its time to faff off.

Sorry for the wait SB, but this weekend will be the earliest that Sherpa Tensing will make an attempt on the North Face of the Attic:-) It is believed that there is a working PC there and with PCs generally comes software - we live in hope.
Wed 04/03/09 at 22:42
Regular
"eat toast!"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> If Descent 3 is the game I'm thinking of (space-style flight
> FPS)
> I'd be interested in taking that off ye hands....if you've
> still
> got it that is.
>
> Will let you know, following further explorations of the
> attic:-)

ooh. Its like waiting for christmas all over again. What new goodies will come out of the attic/sack this time? Unless its empty in which case, its time to faff off.
Tue 03/03/09 at 20:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Edgy wrote:
> If Descent 3 is the game I'm thinking of (space-style flight FPS)
> I'd be interested in taking that off ye hands....if you've still
> got it that is.

Will let you know, following further explorations of the attic:-)
Tue 03/03/09 at 20:03
Regular
If Descent 3 is the game I'm thinking of (space-style flight FPS) I'd be interested in taking that off ye hands....if you've still got it that is.
Tue 03/03/09 at 19:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
spoonbeast wrote:

> Incidently if you have planescape torment, we should talk
> business. I'm looking for a copy of that game for a reasonable
> price.

Sorry SB, I remember the game but I don't think I bought it - will look though. Do remember having Forsaken and Descent 3.

Anyway, for you and Emmie and any others - here is a list of ones that I've found recently.

All original and boxed:

Nuclear Strike
Tomb Raider 2
Unreal
Unreal Mission Pack 1 Return to Na Pali
MDK Special Edition
Quake
Quake II
Quake II Mission Pack Ground Zero
Quake II Mission Pack The Reckoning
Shogo Mobile Armor Division
Devastation

Further delving, may reveal more :-)
Tue 03/03/09 at 19:13
Regular
"THFC"
Yea post a list of some games and you may be able to get rid of some on here. But i think ebay may be a key route!
Tue 03/03/09 at 19:01
Regular
"eat toast!"
yeah some games will fetch you cash. But it really depends.

Incidently if you have planescape torment, we should talk business. I'm looking for a copy of that game for a reasonable price.

give us a list of names and we get first dibbs on it before going the ebay route.
Tue 03/03/09 at 18:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Grandprix wrote:
> Just send them all to me. You won't get any money for them but
> they will get a good home. :)

Don't hold your breathe, but you might just be the lucky recipient GP. I'd rather you had them, instead of the 'skip' route. I'll let you know:-)
Tue 03/03/09 at 07:34
Regular
"THFC"
Did just have a brain flash (rare i know) but i have heard a lot of the train simulators and flight sims are worth some money. Like Hornby ones, for some reason i saw a few on ebay going for about £20 - which is crazy but then i guess some people really like them kind of things!

Also any FInal Fantasy games you have or box sets of better games will fetch a bigger prize!
Mon 02/03/09 at 22:48
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Just send them all to me. You won't get any money for them but they will get a good home. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.