GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the best alien film?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/05/03 at 23:00
Regular
After a discussion with Whitestripes i wondered what you thought was the best alien film of the series.

I would rank them;

1.Aliens
2.Alien
3.Alien Resurrection
4.Alien 3

With 1 being best.
Thu 22/05/03 at 23:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
After a discussion with Whitestripes i wondered what you thought was the best alien film of the series.

I would rank them;

1.Aliens
2.Alien
3.Alien Resurrection
4.Alien 3

With 1 being best.
Thu 22/05/03 at 23:01
Regular
nearly,

1) aliens
2) alien
3) alien 3
4) alien resurrection (last because of that stupid half human thing at the end)
Fri 23/05/03 at 00:47
Regular
a question - in the first alien film, the aliens are found aboard a crashed spaceship. Is this some unlucky victims ship who got wiped out by the aliens, or the aliens own spaceship?

I find it difficult to believe that the aliens are capable of building a spaceship, despite their intelligence, it just wouldn't be in keeping with the way they are portrayed. So if some poor group of people got wiped out by these things, where did they pick them up from? An Alien homeworld? If this is the case then there is lots of room for more alien sequels.

perhaps : aliens revisitied
or : alien world
or god forbid : aliens reloaded ... :D
Fri 23/05/03 at 00:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think its the alien homeworld, the architecture is quite distinctive.
Fri 23/05/03 at 01:00
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
cookie monster wrote:
> I would rank them;
>
> 1.Aliens
> 2.Alien
> 3.Alien Resurrection
> 4.Alien 3

I would probably agree.
Fri 23/05/03 at 01:12
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> I think its the alien homeworld, the architecture is quite
> distinctive.

yes, but in the second film, near the beginning, there is a small discussion between ripley and some of those scientists, where they say "when we last went to LV-403 (or whatever) there were no aliens fitting ripleys description", which is where ripley points out the crashed spacecraft, suggesting they aren't indigenous, and arrived recently.
Fri 23/05/03 at 01:20
Regular
got it, the script excerpt (from www.script-o-rama.com):

INSURANCE MAN
(to ECA Rep)

Are there any species like this
'hostile organism' on LV-426?

ECA REP
No. It's a rock. No indigenous
life larger than a simple virus.

Ripley grits her teeth in frustration.

RIPLEY
I told you, it wasn't indigenous.
There was an alien spacecraft there.
A derelict ship. We homed on its
beacon...

----------------------------------------

As she uses the term 'alien spacecraft' maybe the aliens did build it after all, which seems a little unbelievable. Unless there was a third party alien race that were victims for the aliens.

The plot thickens
Fri 23/05/03 at 01:30
Regular
I'm pretty sure it was a ship.

There was the skeleton of a large Alien sitting in a large 'office chair' type structure. And it looked like some kind of control setup around it too.

Besides, that particular part was certainly a building, it had been made; it wasn't natural. So they obviously capable of this type of thing.

Having said, Aliens do turn other structures into hives, they could have simply invaded this ship and turned it into a hive. The fact that it crashed on that planet is probably a good indication as to the Aliens ability at flying a ship, and therefore not really supporting the idea that they could actually build one of their own.
Fri 23/05/03 at 07:41
Regular
"Party Hard"
I think the aliens would be more than capable of building a space ship.

After all, in ALIENS, they managed to switch off the power, or whatever they did.

There is a sequel planned, but not as you would think.

Aliens v.s. Predator is set for the big screen soon.
Fri 23/05/03 at 10:22
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The ship that crash landed on the planet sends out a warning to other ships not to land their, because of the indigenous population: the nasty xenomorphs. The ship was used to lay eggs in because it was; a good source of victims and a respite from the hostile environment. The Aliens do not build ships or fly them. They simply wait for hosts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.