GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I thinking of buying Angel or Buffy The Vampire DVD boxsets soon need advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/05/03 at 12:30
Regular
Im thinking of getting a DVD boxset of Buffy or most probably Angel, because I have missed nearly whole 3 seasons of the show + I enjoyed the few episodes I saw before Channel 4 stopped screening it. A website called CDWOW! are selling Buffy and Angel DVD boxsets at like £40.00 + free postage which is an excellent price, don't think Id find them any cheaper (beside Special Reserve don't sell these DVD anyway) theyre like £80.00 in most shops. Anyway I have seen Buffy from season 1-4 I haven't seen any of season 5 so which ones do you recommend for those who might have the boxsets? Thanks.
Sun 18/05/03 at 12:30
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Im thinking of getting a DVD boxset of Buffy or most probably Angel, because I have missed nearly whole 3 seasons of the show + I enjoyed the few episodes I saw before Channel 4 stopped screening it. A website called CDWOW! are selling Buffy and Angel DVD boxsets at like £40.00 + free postage which is an excellent price, don't think Id find them any cheaper (beside Special Reserve don't sell these DVD anyway) theyre like £80.00 in most shops. Anyway I have seen Buffy from season 1-4 I haven't seen any of season 5 so which ones do you recommend for those who might have the boxsets? Thanks.
Sun 18/05/03 at 18:17
Regular
I've got all the boxsets available (Buffy Seasons 1 - 6, Angel Seasons 1 -3), and if you've seen the Buffy High School Years, I'd recommend getting Angel Season 1 or 3. Season 3, probably, because it's got the best character arcs. Season 6 of Buffy has some great stand along episodes, plus a great ending arc. Dark Willow and all that.
Sun 18/05/03 at 21:42
"period drama"
Buffy = not bad
Angel = very good. Nice theme tune, especially. More .... better.
Sun 18/05/03 at 21:46
Regular
Darling Violetta rule. But Buffy School Years are the best of both series.
Sereis 7 of Buffy is the worst yet, whereas Season 4 of Angel has rocked.
Sun 18/05/03 at 21:51
"period drama"
Damn right.
Angel's a bit more grown-up I suppose, and funnier as well. Something just plain better about it than Buffy.
Who knows?
*Hums theme*
Sun 18/05/03 at 22:01
Regular
if you want my advice you could do well to avoid that absolute crap and buy yourself something decent
Sun 18/05/03 at 22:18
Regular
It's a good thing he doesn't want your advice then. Sod off and watch Disney.
Sun 18/05/03 at 22:20
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Damn right.
> Angel's a bit more grown-up I suppose, and funnier as well.

--

It definitely has more adult themes, yeah, and it's wittier than Buffy. But Buffy has better storylines as a whole.
Sun 18/05/03 at 22:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Stryke wrote:
> Darling Violetta rule. But Buffy School Years are the best of both
> series.
> Sereis 7 of Buffy is the worst yet, whereas Season 4 of Angel has
> rocked.

I don't think season 7 has been poor. Last ever episode tommorow :(. I do agree that season 4 of Angel rocked, some nice twists and some excellent episodes can't wait for season 5.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:01
Regular
Wasn't poor? Did you see Get It Done?

Seasons 1 - 6 = Good interweaving of the various characters storylines
Season 7 = The Spike Show. Willow storyline = New girlfriend. Xander Storyline = Nowt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.