GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Technical Game-A-Day 12/02/09"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/02/09 at 14:21
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
As you all may know, today is the day that we select the technical Game-A-Day for the week.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any new content in the Technical (Web Design & Development and InstantPro & Other Freeola Services) that is worthy of a prize :(.

We are looking for any guides or how to's from simple Web site coding to help with any Freeola services.

An example of this could be a simple explanation of what CSS is, and how it can make coding a web site much easier and efficient. As well as providing a quick guide of how HTML styling would translate in CSS.

Or even helping another Forum member with their web site problems!

Remember, there is still time today to win a prize!
Sun 29/03/09 at 16:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Cheers DL & pb :¬)
>
>
> Don't get me wrong though, IE8 has some good features.
> My post was just my 'first thoughts' highlighting a couple of
> frustrating bits (for me).
>
> It's definitely worth installing - it's just I'm holding-fire
> for now on my main 'every-day' PC. But that's just 'cos I'm a
> fussy so and so!
>
> As my post mentions, the 'Windows Search' nag I've sorted so
> it's only the toolbars I can't get as I want. So I will be moving
> to it before long no doubt...

No probs Hmmm...credit where credit is due:)

First thoughts are often the 'truest' and as such, that is why I'm allowing you to be the 'guinea pig of IE8':-D You find the problems, sort them and then win another GAD for posting your findings.

Having enough problems sorting Vista64 on new machine to even think about IE8 at the moment - IE7 (32bit and 64bit) is driving me to distraction.:-(
Sun 29/03/09 at 10:05
"Are you sure?"
Cheers DL & pb :¬)

Don't get me wrong though, IE8 has some good features.
My post was just my 'first thoughts' highlighting a couple of frustrating bits (for me).

It's definitely worth installing - it's just I'm holding-fire for now on my main 'every-day' PC. But that's just 'cos I'm a fussy so and so!

As my post mentions, the 'Windows Search' nag I've sorted so it's only the toolbars I can't get as I want. So I will be moving to it before long no doubt...

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 28/03/09 at 21:50
"possibly impossible"
Hmmm, that was very useful, was thinking about downloading it but now I'll wait.

Gets my vote for next Thursday's Technical GAD.
Sat 28/03/09 at 14:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> pb wrote:
> Well, I've written something based on what I was looking into
> myself, might be interesting or not. Feel free to comment.
>
> Congrats on the win pb :¬)
>
> I've had a go adding my
> thoughts
> on IE8
to see if it's of interest to others.
>
>
>
>
> Search Freeola
> Chat

Well written and very useful Hmmm. I had heard of IE8's release and was waiting for the usual update nag on new box o'tricks. Answered all my questions and as you suggest, I'll leave it for now. I didn't know about IE7 Pro - had a quick read and does look interesting - this may be the one I now download:)

Well worth a GAD.
Sat 28/03/09 at 14:07
"Are you sure?"
pb wrote:
> Well, I've written something based on what I was looking into
> myself, might be interesting or not. Feel free to comment.

Congrats on the win pb :¬)

I've had a go adding my thoughts on IE8 to see if it's of interest to others.

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 25/03/09 at 11:08
"possibly impossible"
I'll make an effort to share everything I learn with the forum. I'm still just beginning to understand HTML and all the complexities of web design and publishing, so I've got a long way to go.
Wed 25/03/09 at 10:06
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
McLong wrote:
> I'm going to start writing regular technical posts from home now,
> if nobody else wants to win the prizes then I will!

We all know this wont happen, in between playing Fifa, not playing WoW, trying to watch Lost before Sundays and watching 24 you wont get time!
Wed 25/03/09 at 09:53
Regular
I'm going to start writing regular technical posts from home now, if nobody else wants to win the prizes then I will!
Wed 25/03/09 at 09:52
Regular
motomoto wrote:
> Are there any offerings for this week's Game-A-Day... Yeh thats
> right Game-A-Day... ¬_¬

Crikey.
Wed 25/03/09 at 09:40
Regular
motomoto wrote:
> Are there any offerings for this week's Game-A-Day... Yeh thats
> right Game-A-Day... ¬_¬

*gasp.*

McLong, quick! I think he's lost the will to live.. :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.