GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hollywood to remake 50+ movies due to lack of original ideas"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/02/09 at 22:31
Regular
Don't you worry, they still plan to make lots of sequels, and movie adaptions of comic books, video games and 80ies cartoons.

Click (scroll down for list)

So what do you think? Which are really bad ideas and which wouldn't you mind seeing?
Wed 11/02/09 at 17:05
Regular
Emmie87 wrote:
> spoonbeast wrote:
> i guess we can finally see the monster that is hollywood.
> Unafraid to raid the dead and the legends to get at the stuff
> they want.
>
>
> Dragon ball z and then cowboy bebop. Damn it stop strangling
> the
> good stuff!
>
> I will see the Dragonball Z film (even tough it is more of a
> Dragonball film from what i have heard)
> Just to see what it is like, i really hope it is at least not
> horrific and offers some enjoyment to fans!

The Oricon entertainment news source posted a promotional video for James Wong and 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of Akira Toriyama's Dragonball manga, and Toriyama prefaced the video with a written comment:

As the original creator, I had a feeling of "Huh?" upon seeing the screenplay and the character designs, but the director, all the actors, the staff, and the rest are nothing but "ultra" high-caliber people. Maybe the right way for me and all the fans to appreciate it is as a New Dragonball of a different dimension. Perhaps, this might become a great masterpiece of power! Hey, I look forward to it!!

---

He's being very polite, it's going to be awful but I really hope it isnt because I don't want it to spoil DB. So disappointed in Stephen Chow for this, and the writers strike which gave this project the green light. :( Where the hell is Krillin anyway? How could they leave him out.
Tue 10/02/09 at 15:30
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
pete_21 wrote:
> Quarantine is one the worst Hollywood remakes I've seen.Really
> liked the Spanish original (REC) and thought Spoony's review of
> its remake was funny as hell :
> Here
>
> Note there is some bad language in his review and plot spoilers
> (if you haven't seen either version).Quarantine was a very lazy
> remake,with everything which made the original version work
> removed,it was terrible.

I couldn't agree more, saw REC on DVD and thought I would make use of my Unlimited card at Cineworld to see the yank remake, aside from the lead woman look like somebody we know me and my mate couldn't find much good about it. Like you say, a very shoddy remake.

Interestingly Wikipedia tells me REC2 is due out sooner rather than later, will have to catch that.
Tue 10/02/09 at 08:38
Regular
"I like turtles"
Quarantine is one the worst Hollywood remakes I've seen.Really liked the Spanish original (REC) and thought Spoony's review of its remake was funny as hell : Here

Note there is some bad language in his review and plot spoilers (if you haven't seen either version).Quarantine was a very lazy remake,with everything which made the original version work removed,it was terrible.
Mon 09/02/09 at 22:41
Regular
"THFC"
spoonbeast wrote:
> i guess we can finally see the monster that is hollywood.
> Unafraid to raid the dead and the legends to get at the stuff
> they want.
>
>
> Dragon ball z and then cowboy bebop. Damn it stop strangling the
> good stuff!

I will see the Dragonball Z film (even tough it is more of a Dragonball film from what i have heard)
Just to see what it is like, i really hope it is at least not horrific and offers some enjoyment to fans!
Mon 09/02/09 at 22:23
Regular
"eat toast!"
i guess we can finally see the monster that is hollywood. Unafraid to raid the dead and the legends to get at the stuff they want.

Dragon ball z and then cowboy bebop. Damn it stop strangling the good stuff!
Fri 06/02/09 at 09:29
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'd be interested in seeing the remake of Child's Play. Dolls really freak me out, but I found the Chuck films hilarious. Didn't even really look like a doll in the original films.
Fri 06/02/09 at 09:23
"possibly impossible"
Yep, remakes like Conan are a bad idea, look how bad the new Batman films turned out!
Fri 06/02/09 at 09:02
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I'm with Nin, most of these upset me. None more so than remakes of Short Circuit and Conan!
Fri 06/02/09 at 04:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
None of them are good ideas but i've particular contempt for Rosemary's Baby (Produced by Michael Bay) and Oldboy
Thu 05/02/09 at 22:31
Regular
Don't you worry, they still plan to make lots of sequels, and movie adaptions of comic books, video games and 80ies cartoons.

Click (scroll down for list)

So what do you think? Which are really bad ideas and which wouldn't you mind seeing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.