GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 3 - why do I have to have Legendary map pack?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/01/09 at 10:23
Regular
So I went to play a bit of Halo 3 deathmatch online the other night, a social match rather than ranked. I could start the matchmaking as it says that I don't have all the maps. I've downloaded the two free map packs, but it seems as though I have to buy the Legendary Map Pack to be able to keep playing.

Anyone else had this, or am I just being a numpty and missing something?
Fri 30/01/09 at 13:59
Regular
Hmmm, maybe I'm just being a plank, which is quite likely to be honest.

I'll try again over the weekend and see what happens.
Fri 30/01/09 at 13:35
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Its bizzarre they have asked you to have the extra map packs for the social playlists, but unfortunately popular online games have a tendency to just expect you to keep paying them for essential content to play them.

I don't know why they are not allowing it anymore. In fact I believe Microsoft are in breach of their own policy (i.e. you only have to pay for the game and the subscription, not additional content). They did something similar regarding Fable 2 and the Pub Games achievements.
Fri 30/01/09 at 13:34
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I don't think it's a necessity. It must have tried to put you a game on a Legendary map.
Fri 30/01/09 at 11:34
"possibly impossible"
Must have been that the other people it was matching against were all playing on Legendary maps?
Fri 30/01/09 at 10:23
Regular
So I went to play a bit of Halo 3 deathmatch online the other night, a social match rather than ranked. I could start the matchmaking as it says that I don't have all the maps. I've downloaded the two free map packs, but it seems as though I have to buy the Legendary Map Pack to be able to keep playing.

Anyone else had this, or am I just being a numpty and missing something?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.