GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"how good are bots"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/10/06 at 14:08
Regular
Just got broaband and thought I'd have a go at this online gaming thing with CS: source. Started by practising offline with bots; now are bots really good or am I really bad cause I 'm not having much luck against them. Walk round a corner, bang I'm dead, how about that corner, bang I'm dead, I know I'll camp here, bang I'm dead - didn't even see who got me then. My confidence has been shaken here, is it me or them?
Fri 13/10/06 at 13:08
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Hazy wrote:
> Just got broaband and thought I'd have a go at this online gaming
> thing with CS: source. Started by practising offline with bots;
> now are bots really good or am I really bad cause I 'm not
> having much luck against them. Walk round a corner, bang I'm
> dead, how about that corner, bang I'm dead, I know I'll camp
> here, bang I'm dead - didn't even see who got me then. My
> confidence has been shaken here, is it me or them?

From what I remember, the bots in CS:S make use of some rather unrealistic accuracy.
Online, it's really a game of luck (slight exaggeration). But the problem with killing people in CS:S is you have a 1/3 chance of being called a hacker as soon as you do, and that's more like a 3/4 if you get a headshot.
Thu 12/10/06 at 18:40
Regular
I love unreal tournament bots. So much easier than real people.
Thu 12/10/06 at 15:05
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Depends on the game you are playing - some bots are easy and others are impossible to kill. Try and see if there is an option to change the bot difficulty.

Failing that, just go on Live and see how you fare against real people. Don't worry too much about it - sorry to sound cheesey, but - PRACTICE MAKES PEFECT!

Good luck and welcome to the forums.
Thu 12/10/06 at 14:08
Regular
Just got broaband and thought I'd have a go at this online gaming thing with CS: source. Started by practising offline with bots; now are bots really good or am I really bad cause I 'm not having much luck against them. Walk round a corner, bang I'm dead, how about that corner, bang I'm dead, I know I'll camp here, bang I'm dead - didn't even see who got me then. My confidence has been shaken here, is it me or them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.