GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 3 Playstation 3 Playstation 3!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/01/01 at 19:25
Regular
I can't believe it, another Playstation has been announced! The playstation 3 is supposed to be 1000 times more powerful than the Super-Console the PS2. Sony, who have set a 2 year dead-line on the new console say it was done to compete with Microsofts X-Box. I can't think straight, People say Sega are done for what about Nintendo!!!

The PS3 will not be just a Videogames console but it will be a 'in-home, outside life station'and 'an all round entertainment centre' You will be able to download games, music and movies, search the net, access on-line banking and much more.

Sony are relying on people having faster internet connections and I hope we do! I am not a Sony fan but this news is exciting! I can't see how Nintendo will be able to keep up, if the PS3 can do all this and the NGC can only play games I don't think Nintendo can win with their current Console war strategy!!!

I can't type fast enough, I was reading in the Metro today this is fantastic! 1000 times as powerful as the PS2, I can't even imagine it! The PS2 is supposed to cut Sony's financial profits in half and so we can only hope that the PS3 doesn't do the same! And that we see good progress for the PS3, I don't think that with news like this, Nintendo Vs Sony comes in to it, I think that videogaming on the whole will become a lot more recognised and a lot more fun!

Microsoft have put a whopping 340 million into the X-Box advertisements in an attempt to block out the news of Sony's Next Super-Console.

Ohhh...this is getting exciting, I can't wait for all this to unfold....

More as I get it....

Post your comments....forget winning....go wild......WHAT DO YOU THINK?

...The Game
Mon 29/01/01 at 19:25
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I can't believe it, another Playstation has been announced! The playstation 3 is supposed to be 1000 times more powerful than the Super-Console the PS2. Sony, who have set a 2 year dead-line on the new console say it was done to compete with Microsofts X-Box. I can't think straight, People say Sega are done for what about Nintendo!!!

The PS3 will not be just a Videogames console but it will be a 'in-home, outside life station'and 'an all round entertainment centre' You will be able to download games, music and movies, search the net, access on-line banking and much more.

Sony are relying on people having faster internet connections and I hope we do! I am not a Sony fan but this news is exciting! I can't see how Nintendo will be able to keep up, if the PS3 can do all this and the NGC can only play games I don't think Nintendo can win with their current Console war strategy!!!

I can't type fast enough, I was reading in the Metro today this is fantastic! 1000 times as powerful as the PS2, I can't even imagine it! The PS2 is supposed to cut Sony's financial profits in half and so we can only hope that the PS3 doesn't do the same! And that we see good progress for the PS3, I don't think that with news like this, Nintendo Vs Sony comes in to it, I think that videogaming on the whole will become a lot more recognised and a lot more fun!

Microsoft have put a whopping 340 million into the X-Box advertisements in an attempt to block out the news of Sony's Next Super-Console.

Ohhh...this is getting exciting, I can't wait for all this to unfold....

More as I get it....

Post your comments....forget winning....go wild......WHAT DO YOU THINK?

...The Game
Mon 29/01/01 at 19:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
As much as I would love this to happen, I don't think it's true.

And anyway, it would take longer than a couple of years to develop it.
Mon 29/01/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I stuck a post up about the PS3 a couple of weeks back... I'm not sure, but I think theres a link if anyone wants to know more?
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:03
Regular
If PS3 is coming out what's the point of the PS2!
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:03
"possibly impossible"
oooh. That will make the PS2 sell better. Announce that another console is about to take it's place.

That's why I don't believe Sony would say they were working on a PS3, even if they were.
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:24
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Naaa.... PS3 isnt comming out for another 5+ years yet...

But your right... Sony could have been a litle wiser than to have brought the subject up...
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:27
Regular
Maybe not but the PS3 is just another put off.
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Sniper... another put off?
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:36
Regular
Use your gaming brain! It put's you off your PS2! Your not some poshy are you?
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:37
"possibly impossible"
I agree, it's not good to talk about a sequel to something you are trying to sell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.