GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What games would you bring back?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/01/09 at 15:01
Regular
With the advent of Xbox Live Arcade, the PSN and WiiWare, what classic games from earlier systems would you like to see available?

1. Stunt Car Racer. This has to go down as one of my favourite games. Played it loads on the Amiga. It's be great to have it now. Same tracks & physics etc, just update the graphics a bit and add some online play (or even just leagues) and away you go!

2. Carmageddon. Caused controversy when it was released as you had to mindlessly run over pedestrians. So they changed the blood colour to green and pretended they were aliens. There was a patch for the PC version to put it back to red though, if I remember correctly. Again. and update would have to keep the same gameplay etc, just update the visuals and add online play.

Any more you can think of?
Tue 27/01/09 at 16:33
"possibly impossible"
Emmie - If Sony and MS actually put aside their differences and got together to provide the backing, I'm sure Square Enix would listen.
Tue 27/01/09 at 15:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I would say something like Chaos Engine on the Amiga. It would need to be tweaked to allow online multiplayer but it would be a good addition to XBLA etc.
Tue 27/01/09 at 15:18
Regular
"THFC"
I know this is not going to be a surprise to anyone, and it is not an "old" game by any means, but i would pay a lot of money to see the following done;

Microsoft sweet talk Square-Enix and give them a whole lot of cash, to re make Final Fantasy 7-9 (at least) for the Xbox 360 or next console they release, this would spark so many sales it aint even funny. Imagine how great it would be to have them in updated graphics with a few new features.

But i dont think it even has to stop there, the old Suikoden games would be fantastic to see in new graphics. Old School RPG's are my favourite and have such a cult following they would attract so much money. They could sell each Final Fantasy for £45 and i would buy it, they have 13 coming to the Xbox so why not give players the games where it all started.

But this is just a dream and i know it will never happen.........
Tue 27/01/09 at 15:01
Regular
With the advent of Xbox Live Arcade, the PSN and WiiWare, what classic games from earlier systems would you like to see available?

1. Stunt Car Racer. This has to go down as one of my favourite games. Played it loads on the Amiga. It's be great to have it now. Same tracks & physics etc, just update the graphics a bit and add some online play (or even just leagues) and away you go!

2. Carmageddon. Caused controversy when it was released as you had to mindlessly run over pedestrians. So they changed the blood colour to green and pretended they were aliens. There was a patch for the PC version to put it back to red though, if I remember correctly. Again. and update would have to keep the same gameplay etc, just update the visuals and add online play.

Any more you can think of?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.