GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"They don't make 'em like they used to"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/01/01 at 12:25
Regular
Why are cartoons now so bland compared to the ones from my childhood? I think it's actually bad for kiddies imaginations that they don't have cartoons of such quality as Thundercats, or Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. I used to watch all these programmes on Saturday and Sunday mornings and it never hurt me one bit. What were your favourite characters/series from your past?
Fri 16/03/01 at 19:19
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
New Jimmy wrote:
Although I have to admit the
> early Transformers toys were very cool. Although due to safety
> regulations theyre less fun today and they dont have as many little
> screws!

??? What did they do to Transformers?
Thu 15/03/01 at 22:01
Your right Today cartoons are no more than blatant toy adverts, Pokemon being the prime example.

Although I have to admit the early Transformers toys were very cool. Although due to safety regulations theyre less fun today and they dont have as many little screws!
Thu 15/03/01 at 21:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, but the toys were soooooo good!
Thu 15/03/01 at 21:14
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
True... but I dont think cartoon really began to decline until the eighties... when they bacme little more than toy advertisments (He-Man, MASK, etc...)

Tue 13/03/01 at 15:14
I think most cartoons are pretty poor, but I think that its because weve grown up as opposed to them being really bad!

I still enjoy watching the Simpsons, Ren and Stimpy and Pinky and the Brain...when I can catch them!
Tue 13/03/01 at 12:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hong Kong Phooey was great. My cousin used to have the game on his Spectrum. How many of Rude Dog's Dweebs can you name? So far I've got Kaboose, Satch and Kibbel. The bloke that always tried to catch them was called Herman.
Mon 12/03/01 at 11:55
Regular
"not dead"
NE1 recall HongKong Phoey?

Or won-won-won-wonder wheels?
Mon 12/03/01 at 11:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
"Denver the last Dinosaur, he's our friend and a whole lot more..." - I remember that so well! It encapsulated the colours and styles of the 80's in a way only ever matched by Rude Dog and the Dweebs. As for the Raccoons, that was still on until pretty recently on Saturday mornings. Does anyone remember what the three pigs were called? Also, I wonder how much "a whole lot more" Denver was their friend? Bums against the walls lads!
Wed 07/03/01 at 21:21
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Atomic_Koala wrote:
> What about Denver the Last Dinosaur and the Racoons? These are 2 of
> the greatest programmes ever!

Denver the Last Dinosaur? ... I remember Mosschops? ... Did it have an upbeat intro music?

Racoons... I knew a guy who was into them... Although I'm more of an Old School cartoon fan... Tom & Jerry, Bug Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc... and of those, only the Pre-Sixties versions really interest me... (they seemed to have tamed the WB cartoons donw in the 60's... and completly screwed yp the Tom & Jerry)

Tue 06/03/01 at 20:29
What about Denver the Last Dinosaur and the Racoons? These are 2 of the greatest programmes ever!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.