GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Supernatural Holiday"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/04/03 at 23:30
Regular
Wouldn't it be good if you could pack your bags and go on a "real" holiday of a lifetime? To a destination which offers much much more than just sun, sand, sea, and six vomit sessions?
I think so.
Imagine if there was such a thing as a 'supernatural holiday'.

Personally, I'd go to that green and plentiful land beyond the North Wind where the 'Hyperboreans' dwell.
According to the fable, somewhere beyond the icy wastes of the extreme north there's a secret land of great natural beauty, where the air is full of whispy white feathers and the vast emerald forests are brimming with all kinds of strange and fabulous creatures.
The Hyperboreans themselves are said to be a wise and peace-loving people who live effortlessly in harmony with nature.
All their houses and buildings are packed away neatly underground so as not to scar the surface of their lush landscape, and their politics and laws are based on one supreme utopian resolution: "ALL FOR THIS EARTH & THIS EARTH FOR ALL".
Holiday highlights would include stuff like catching an exhilarating ride on the back of a pegasus, playfully chasing goddess-like maidens through fields of swaying flowers, and hobnobbing with faeries and satyrs in woodland glades.

Well that's where I'd go. But why stop there?

The next year I could book myself on a mind-boggling tour of Hell.
A small gothic-style cruiseliner would traverse the 'River Styx' which spirals all the way through the fiery underworld, from which sightseers could capture on film classic infernal moments which would truly astound friends and family on their return.
"Look at this photo Betty, it's a big hairy demon getting medieval with Adolf Hilter's ass!"
"And look at this one, that's Joseph Stalin having his pubes ripped out with industrial prongs for the 11,327th time! Look, there's a scoreboard above his head keeping count!"
"Oh Betty, we had a HELL of a time!"

And the year after that you could go to - well, the possibilities are endless. Just buy a dictionary of myth & legend and take your pick.

And then there's more surreal possible destinations like a weekend break in the gameworld of a particular videogame, or travelling back in time to experience first-hand events of great historical importance like the crucifixion of Christ or the moment when The Cheeky Girls first auditioned on Pop Idol.

All that is needed is for some mad scientist in a cluttered laboratory to invent a magical teleportation device and I'd be on my way.
Fri 25/04/03 at 23:30
Regular
Wouldn't it be good if you could pack your bags and go on a "real" holiday of a lifetime? To a destination which offers much much more than just sun, sand, sea, and six vomit sessions?
I think so.
Imagine if there was such a thing as a 'supernatural holiday'.

Personally, I'd go to that green and plentiful land beyond the North Wind where the 'Hyperboreans' dwell.
According to the fable, somewhere beyond the icy wastes of the extreme north there's a secret land of great natural beauty, where the air is full of whispy white feathers and the vast emerald forests are brimming with all kinds of strange and fabulous creatures.
The Hyperboreans themselves are said to be a wise and peace-loving people who live effortlessly in harmony with nature.
All their houses and buildings are packed away neatly underground so as not to scar the surface of their lush landscape, and their politics and laws are based on one supreme utopian resolution: "ALL FOR THIS EARTH & THIS EARTH FOR ALL".
Holiday highlights would include stuff like catching an exhilarating ride on the back of a pegasus, playfully chasing goddess-like maidens through fields of swaying flowers, and hobnobbing with faeries and satyrs in woodland glades.

Well that's where I'd go. But why stop there?

The next year I could book myself on a mind-boggling tour of Hell.
A small gothic-style cruiseliner would traverse the 'River Styx' which spirals all the way through the fiery underworld, from which sightseers could capture on film classic infernal moments which would truly astound friends and family on their return.
"Look at this photo Betty, it's a big hairy demon getting medieval with Adolf Hilter's ass!"
"And look at this one, that's Joseph Stalin having his pubes ripped out with industrial prongs for the 11,327th time! Look, there's a scoreboard above his head keeping count!"
"Oh Betty, we had a HELL of a time!"

And the year after that you could go to - well, the possibilities are endless. Just buy a dictionary of myth & legend and take your pick.

And then there's more surreal possible destinations like a weekend break in the gameworld of a particular videogame, or travelling back in time to experience first-hand events of great historical importance like the crucifixion of Christ or the moment when The Cheeky Girls first auditioned on Pop Idol.

All that is needed is for some mad scientist in a cluttered laboratory to invent a magical teleportation device and I'd be on my way.
Sat 26/04/03 at 16:45
Regular
What about a "super-naturist holiday"? Only "10 out of 10" babes allowed.
But yeah, a supernatural holiday would be cool, like a day trip to hell. Just make sure you don't lose the return ticket.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.