GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VOTE NOW: YOUR TOP TEN GAMES OF ALL TIME!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/01/01 at 02:11
Regular
Well, here today I will write my post on the BEST 10 games I have ever played! As I said in my ‘worst ten' post I really do not find it easy to write about my worst, most hated games because I do not make the habit of playing such drivel, however, its here at SR! This post will be a far better way for me to convince, perhaps persuade you and inform you of the games that hold a special place in my video gaming collection, and my very own virtual world. You might be surprised maybe horrified by my choices, but then that’s just a difference in opinion! I hope you like it. Same format as the last one to make things easier for us all!

Throughout my life video gaming has been growing in popularity, and at the moment it is one of the most popular forms of entertainment – more sales revenue than the cinema in the UK! I’ve owned a few consoles, I own far too many at the moment, and then there has always been an ugly grey machine called my PC – (I now have a slim line Dell PC by the way), but I can remember that some of the greatest ever games were on this format.

In at number ten. Now let me firstly explain that the accuracy in placing of these games may not be 100%, however all of the games I mention are worthy of nothing more than your undivided attention for a couple of hours. So, which game will start the flow of quality titles? Sega Rally, in the Arcade and on the Sega Saturn! I remember playing this game when it was first released back in 1995 I think, and what a revelation it seemed at the time! This was the first ‘3D’ racing game ever made (well, the first I played) and was completely brilliant! It was like stepping into a new virtual world. I simply had to get the game for my Saturn, and paid a rather pricey £44.50 for it, when it’s now available to pick up for a fiver or less! It didn’t matter that there were only 4 tracks and 3 cars! The game was fantastic and immensely playable! Definitely the best ever Saturn racer in my view, Sega Rally is a classic, it will remain the unsung hero of Arcade ad console rallying glory!

Number 9, and we switch formats to the Dreamcast! I have to be honest and tell you that I have had around 40 – 50 Dreamcast games in total, but have streamlined a bit now and my collection only has about 30 odd! So, with all the quality available on this 128bit Internet ready console, there will be a lot of games worthy of a top ten place, and starting the Dreamcast march is the multiplayer haven and sports game buff’s favourite - Virtua Tennis! When Sega announced this game I wasn’t really all that bothered – I didn’t really play a lot of tennis at the time (last year in September when it was released), but I eagerly play tested the demo disc of the ODM, which contained several demos including Virtua Tennis! However this was a one game demo only, so what did I do? Drag the games out! I couldn’t stop playing the darn game! Blisters on my fingers, and my eyes attention simply could not be distracted! I couldn’t believe how amazingly playable this VT demo was, and I think I managed to get to Deuce 45 at one point before letting the computer win again. I bought the game, ordered it the same day as the demo arrived, and I couldn’t me happier with it. I’ve written an opinion on the game – if you want full details why not check it out! Needless to say, this is the best Sega Sports game of all time, and is easily the best sports game on any format.
Moving on swiftly now because my eyes are slowing closing…Number 8! The eighth best game I have ever played? It’s going to have to be Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater/Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2. I’m not usually overly impressed by gaming sequels, and don’t own many original and sequel games (other than these two and Sega Rally 1 and 2), but I thought I’d have to put these into one spot as there are so many great games that keep popping into my mind! Tony Hawk’s managed to escape my attention for a couple of years, although I heard a lot of people talking about it – I didn’t have a Playstation at the time, so I never even thought about it. When I saw it on auction though – the Dreamcast (USA) version I thought I’d place a bid for it, and at a final price of around £11 it was definitely the bargain of last year for me! The graphics may not be as good as some of the DC games at the time, but then this is basically a Playstation port! The game controls, the feel of the game and the overall tone of play were all something completely different, and the actual game play was flawless – I now have both games, and the latter is even better with added features such as create your own skate park and skateboarder! Buy playing THPS I feel that I have a greater insight to American culture – music, and sports. Both games are superb, and are absolute must haves for any gaming fan!

7. Colin McRae? Ridge Racer? GT2? No, this place goes to…Metropolis Street Racer. You may have read some of the individual opinions on games that I have written, which include some of the games mentioned here – they probably all say that that particular game ‘is the best game I’ve ever played’, and it’s probably a fairly accurate statement, but despite it’s faults MSR has to be one of the best games I have ever played, and set the standard for the ever popular ‘racing genre’. Featuring 3 real life authentic and 100% accurately detailed cities in Tokyo (for the Japanese gamers), London (for all of us lot) and San Francisco! Each city has round 90 different ‘tracks’ to race around, but you have to complete the game to access them all! The graphics are superb, the sound and in game music and music features are also pretty impressive! The game may not appeal to all because you actually have to work through some pretty boring chapters, to get to the really exciting moments of racing – street racing in an Audi TT against a Nissan GTR, Honda NSX, Golf GTI and more has never been quite so…legal! MSR took ages to be released, but finally gamers across the world could experience something else – something unrivalled, that was Dreamcast and Sega exclusive for a change. Superb!

Number 6 is the ultimate party game – the only game that you can’t really embarrass yourself despite how silly you look whilst playing it because everyone will want to play it! I have of course written an opinion on this game, and it did receive a Premier – can you guess what it is yet? SAMBSADEAMIGO! Of course! The most inventive maraca shaking rhythm keeping dancing game of all time, and certainly one of Sonic Team’s more adventurous titles. The game uses special wave technologies to detect where the maracas are so that you can shake them in time to the song you’re listening to (out of many real life songs), whilst watching carefully at the screen to see where you have to shake! It’s really difficult to start with, but some people are just natural pro’s, unlike myself!! The game is the most fun video game available I am sure of that, and yet not many people will have the chance to play it because it costs £79.99! I managed to get it at £60, but look around for a bargain because Samba is a great game for all the family, and could really actually help you get fit! Samba – the singing 6pack they’ll be calling you! Great fun, loads of options – unrivalled in it’s own little genre.

In at number 5 this week in the top 10 is Crazy Taxi, another Dreamcast game! I actually spent around 5 hours playing this in one day! I was completely hooked on this Hit Maker (In House Sega) arcade masterpiece! Set in two huge cities, you are a taxi driver, who must pick up passengers and take them to where they want to go! The best thing is though, is that you’re indestructible! (Song starts…Rolling demo and advert…) Released back in February of last year, Crazy Taxi fast became the biggest selling UK Dreamcast game of 2000 shifting an impressive 100,000 units (about a fifth of the Dreamcast user base in the UK). The music was highly appropriate – the Offspring and other people providing the soundtrack, and the game play was superb – and still is because CT is one of the most playable games despite it’s one player limit. The visual effects are stunning in all 3 modes: Original (the Dreamcast exclusive city mode), Arcade (the same as the arcade) and the Crazy Box mode - brilliant and something to aim for (to complete). There are many variations in each mode including time length etc…everyone I know has been impressed by Crazy Taxi – one of the most sensible titles Sega have released for ages!

Number 4 is Shenmue! Although I have not yet updated my original separate opinion on this ‘game’ I have been thoroughly impressed, and somewhat content with Shenmue. It’s like a whole new world that you can explore – play darts in the arcades, get really high scores and win Sega Saturn games to bring back to your Saturn (hiding under the TV!) and basically do what you like! Oh yeah, and there’s a story line too! Seek the murders of your father and do what you will to them, only you can’t because the game doesn’t get that far despite being on a whopping 3 discs (an extra disc is the passport disc) so let’s look forward to Shenmue 2! The graphics are REAL. Everything looks and sounds like a real life city, just with really bad acting in places! You can fight, have free fights and go to bars, shops, and tell little kids that you can’t play baseball with them just now – maybe later! The whole game is an experience – something quite literally out of this world. If you can remember the game ‘Myst’ that was on the PC a while back, and thought that was impressive, then try Shenmue. It’s widely available – but get a Dreamcast while you can, they’re about to be selling pretty fast! Shenmue is a superb experience – one that should be taken in moderation, although you can wiz through and complete it in around 45 hours if you try real hard, or just relax and resort to Ryo San Hazuki’s residence for the day. Every experience will differ from another. Breathtaking? More than that!

We’re starting to get to the real ‘my absolute favourite, favourite’ territory now, and in Bronze medal position is Dune 2/Dune 2000 by the kings of 3D landscape Command and Conquer style games (I forget the actual name of this genre – is it 3D strategy?). I remember playing for hours on end firstly Dune 2 and then the ‘remix’ Dune 2000 – the same game basically, just with a lick of paint. Having watched the film Dune, and having played the game Dune 1 – completely different style of game to both of these, I thought I might give them a try. I like the idea – the concept of Dune. It’s got more character than any of the C&C games in my opinion, and by playing all 3 games the story and atmospheric feeling has really built up. It all started off with the Nobel Atredies versus the evil Harkkonen in Dune 1 – you had to play as the Atredies (who have since changed colour from red to blue incidentally…) but more of that later. In both Dune2/2000 the insidious Ordos appeared out of nowhere! Now, you had to battle it out to control Dune – Arrakis (land of the spice – melange) and could chose between all three houses! Great fun! Dune is such a great game if you have nothing to do, or find yourself watching Wipe Out on Television – you know you’re bored when that happens! You simply have to control vast armies and wipe out the opposition (I knew there’d be a link here…goodbye!), which is no easy target. The graphics were much improved in 2000, with actual video sequences popping up here and there – instead of the 2D mentats and start up. I really did think Dune 2000 was amazing, and I did indeed control my team to victory on many occasion! I think the best house was the Noble Atredies!

So what could possibly be the second best game I have ever played in my life? Is it a Dreamcast, Saturn or N64 game? Could a Playstation title make an unexpected appearance, or am I about to startle you all (if anyone is reading) by announcing that an Amigo game clinches the Silver ware? Well, the answer to those questions is…no.
The 2nd best game is, the original Dune on the PC. (I know what you’re all thinking ‘Oh god, he’s lost it again’) I was one of the lucky people to have experienced the classic that was Dune. As I have stated already – this had nothing to do with the later games other than the general story – I guess this game was about the insider view of the war – you had less control, but ultimately the game was far more exciting. The music in all 3 games is phenomenal. I just think it’s perfect for the game, really hits the nail on the spot as it were. There’s a victory kind of music, a music style for when you’re losing, and a suggestive, eerie, and other types of music throughout. The music is superb! The graphics at the time were great, but by today’s standard the average N64 know a lot 12 yr old would turn his or her nose up at Dune, they just wouldn’t appreciate its magnificence.
The main objective, as Paul Atredies (apologies if this is spelt incorrectly!) was to beat the Harkkonen army – an evil race of people, and during the game all sorts of set backs occur, you’re father Duke Leto dies, you’re mother seems to go round the bend, and your girlfriend gets kidnapped! If Evil Baron Harkkonen is to be eventually beaten you will need to gather people to work for you – trade with people, get spice and all sorts of different tasks – it’s a really well worked game that makes far more sense than the film (featuring Patrick Stewart), ever did. The Fremen – the people that can hide in Dune 2000, are all-important in succeeding so you’ll have to go around in your ornithopter to search for the Sietches – cave type places where the fremen hang out. You have to try to gain their trust so they fight for you against the harkkonen. Anyway, enough of my rambling – Dune is a classic title, that has sparked off a chain reaction of Westwood games. Onwards and forwards eh?

So, which game holds the crown at the top of the list? Which is my favourite ever video game, and why? If you know me, then you’ll know! It’s the Sega Saturn game, Nights. Created – by Yuji Naka and his Sonic Team (thanks a lot for all of these games guys) Nights became the best Sega Saturn game ever! Offering a strange kind of 3D graphics system, Nights was the main character – an odd looking flying thing that had to collect spherical objects and rack up the points in order to complete the levels. The visuals were Dreamcast standard – if only Nights had been on a more successful console, more people would have been able to experience it – but then I like the idea of exclusivity ‘have you played Nights before?’ I ask. ‘No – what’s that?’ - ‘Never mind’… I got the game as a Christmas present complete with the 3D analogue control pad in an exuberant box of wonder. The game boasted so much life and energy – wonderfully created, such an original game that cannot be touched in terms of sheer fun and enjoyment. The game play was much like Sonic, only much, much more playable, and less irritating! The story line – inspirational, and really kind of ‘innocent’ but good! I don’t currently own Nights and the pad, after I sold it for just £20 ages ago! I’ll have to pick a copy up somewhere because this is game that every true believer of outstanding, groundbreaking games should own. It’s magic!

There you have it! My longest ever post, and it’s all yours to sift through. I hope you liked it, I found it a lot nicer than writing about the games I hated!

Cheers,

Dan
Sun 28/01/01 at 02:11
Well, here today I will write my post on the BEST 10 games I have ever played! As I said in my ‘worst ten' post I really do not find it easy to write about my worst, most hated games because I do not make the habit of playing such drivel, however, its here at SR! This post will be a far better way for me to convince, perhaps persuade you and inform you of the games that hold a special place in my video gaming collection, and my very own virtual world. You might be surprised maybe horrified by my choices, but then that’s just a difference in opinion! I hope you like it. Same format as the last one to make things easier for us all!

Throughout my life video gaming has been growing in popularity, and at the moment it is one of the most popular forms of entertainment – more sales revenue than the cinema in the UK! I’ve owned a few consoles, I own far too many at the moment, and then there has always been an ugly grey machine called my PC – (I now have a slim line Dell PC by the way), but I can remember that some of the greatest ever games were on this format.

In at number ten. Now let me firstly explain that the accuracy in placing of these games may not be 100%, however all of the games I mention are worthy of nothing more than your undivided attention for a couple of hours. So, which game will start the flow of quality titles? Sega Rally, in the Arcade and on the Sega Saturn! I remember playing this game when it was first released back in 1995 I think, and what a revelation it seemed at the time! This was the first ‘3D’ racing game ever made (well, the first I played) and was completely brilliant! It was like stepping into a new virtual world. I simply had to get the game for my Saturn, and paid a rather pricey £44.50 for it, when it’s now available to pick up for a fiver or less! It didn’t matter that there were only 4 tracks and 3 cars! The game was fantastic and immensely playable! Definitely the best ever Saturn racer in my view, Sega Rally is a classic, it will remain the unsung hero of Arcade ad console rallying glory!

Number 9, and we switch formats to the Dreamcast! I have to be honest and tell you that I have had around 40 – 50 Dreamcast games in total, but have streamlined a bit now and my collection only has about 30 odd! So, with all the quality available on this 128bit Internet ready console, there will be a lot of games worthy of a top ten place, and starting the Dreamcast march is the multiplayer haven and sports game buff’s favourite - Virtua Tennis! When Sega announced this game I wasn’t really all that bothered – I didn’t really play a lot of tennis at the time (last year in September when it was released), but I eagerly play tested the demo disc of the ODM, which contained several demos including Virtua Tennis! However this was a one game demo only, so what did I do? Drag the games out! I couldn’t stop playing the darn game! Blisters on my fingers, and my eyes attention simply could not be distracted! I couldn’t believe how amazingly playable this VT demo was, and I think I managed to get to Deuce 45 at one point before letting the computer win again. I bought the game, ordered it the same day as the demo arrived, and I couldn’t me happier with it. I’ve written an opinion on the game – if you want full details why not check it out! Needless to say, this is the best Sega Sports game of all time, and is easily the best sports game on any format.
Moving on swiftly now because my eyes are slowing closing…Number 8! The eighth best game I have ever played? It’s going to have to be Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater/Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2. I’m not usually overly impressed by gaming sequels, and don’t own many original and sequel games (other than these two and Sega Rally 1 and 2), but I thought I’d have to put these into one spot as there are so many great games that keep popping into my mind! Tony Hawk’s managed to escape my attention for a couple of years, although I heard a lot of people talking about it – I didn’t have a Playstation at the time, so I never even thought about it. When I saw it on auction though – the Dreamcast (USA) version I thought I’d place a bid for it, and at a final price of around £11 it was definitely the bargain of last year for me! The graphics may not be as good as some of the DC games at the time, but then this is basically a Playstation port! The game controls, the feel of the game and the overall tone of play were all something completely different, and the actual game play was flawless – I now have both games, and the latter is even better with added features such as create your own skate park and skateboarder! Buy playing THPS I feel that I have a greater insight to American culture – music, and sports. Both games are superb, and are absolute must haves for any gaming fan!

7. Colin McRae? Ridge Racer? GT2? No, this place goes to…Metropolis Street Racer. You may have read some of the individual opinions on games that I have written, which include some of the games mentioned here – they probably all say that that particular game ‘is the best game I’ve ever played’, and it’s probably a fairly accurate statement, but despite it’s faults MSR has to be one of the best games I have ever played, and set the standard for the ever popular ‘racing genre’. Featuring 3 real life authentic and 100% accurately detailed cities in Tokyo (for the Japanese gamers), London (for all of us lot) and San Francisco! Each city has round 90 different ‘tracks’ to race around, but you have to complete the game to access them all! The graphics are superb, the sound and in game music and music features are also pretty impressive! The game may not appeal to all because you actually have to work through some pretty boring chapters, to get to the really exciting moments of racing – street racing in an Audi TT against a Nissan GTR, Honda NSX, Golf GTI and more has never been quite so…legal! MSR took ages to be released, but finally gamers across the world could experience something else – something unrivalled, that was Dreamcast and Sega exclusive for a change. Superb!

Number 6 is the ultimate party game – the only game that you can’t really embarrass yourself despite how silly you look whilst playing it because everyone will want to play it! I have of course written an opinion on this game, and it did receive a Premier – can you guess what it is yet? SAMBSADEAMIGO! Of course! The most inventive maraca shaking rhythm keeping dancing game of all time, and certainly one of Sonic Team’s more adventurous titles. The game uses special wave technologies to detect where the maracas are so that you can shake them in time to the song you’re listening to (out of many real life songs), whilst watching carefully at the screen to see where you have to shake! It’s really difficult to start with, but some people are just natural pro’s, unlike myself!! The game is the most fun video game available I am sure of that, and yet not many people will have the chance to play it because it costs £79.99! I managed to get it at £60, but look around for a bargain because Samba is a great game for all the family, and could really actually help you get fit! Samba – the singing 6pack they’ll be calling you! Great fun, loads of options – unrivalled in it’s own little genre.

In at number 5 this week in the top 10 is Crazy Taxi, another Dreamcast game! I actually spent around 5 hours playing this in one day! I was completely hooked on this Hit Maker (In House Sega) arcade masterpiece! Set in two huge cities, you are a taxi driver, who must pick up passengers and take them to where they want to go! The best thing is though, is that you’re indestructible! (Song starts…Rolling demo and advert…) Released back in February of last year, Crazy Taxi fast became the biggest selling UK Dreamcast game of 2000 shifting an impressive 100,000 units (about a fifth of the Dreamcast user base in the UK). The music was highly appropriate – the Offspring and other people providing the soundtrack, and the game play was superb – and still is because CT is one of the most playable games despite it’s one player limit. The visual effects are stunning in all 3 modes: Original (the Dreamcast exclusive city mode), Arcade (the same as the arcade) and the Crazy Box mode - brilliant and something to aim for (to complete). There are many variations in each mode including time length etc…everyone I know has been impressed by Crazy Taxi – one of the most sensible titles Sega have released for ages!

Number 4 is Shenmue! Although I have not yet updated my original separate opinion on this ‘game’ I have been thoroughly impressed, and somewhat content with Shenmue. It’s like a whole new world that you can explore – play darts in the arcades, get really high scores and win Sega Saturn games to bring back to your Saturn (hiding under the TV!) and basically do what you like! Oh yeah, and there’s a story line too! Seek the murders of your father and do what you will to them, only you can’t because the game doesn’t get that far despite being on a whopping 3 discs (an extra disc is the passport disc) so let’s look forward to Shenmue 2! The graphics are REAL. Everything looks and sounds like a real life city, just with really bad acting in places! You can fight, have free fights and go to bars, shops, and tell little kids that you can’t play baseball with them just now – maybe later! The whole game is an experience – something quite literally out of this world. If you can remember the game ‘Myst’ that was on the PC a while back, and thought that was impressive, then try Shenmue. It’s widely available – but get a Dreamcast while you can, they’re about to be selling pretty fast! Shenmue is a superb experience – one that should be taken in moderation, although you can wiz through and complete it in around 45 hours if you try real hard, or just relax and resort to Ryo San Hazuki’s residence for the day. Every experience will differ from another. Breathtaking? More than that!

We’re starting to get to the real ‘my absolute favourite, favourite’ territory now, and in Bronze medal position is Dune 2/Dune 2000 by the kings of 3D landscape Command and Conquer style games (I forget the actual name of this genre – is it 3D strategy?). I remember playing for hours on end firstly Dune 2 and then the ‘remix’ Dune 2000 – the same game basically, just with a lick of paint. Having watched the film Dune, and having played the game Dune 1 – completely different style of game to both of these, I thought I might give them a try. I like the idea – the concept of Dune. It’s got more character than any of the C&C games in my opinion, and by playing all 3 games the story and atmospheric feeling has really built up. It all started off with the Nobel Atredies versus the evil Harkkonen in Dune 1 – you had to play as the Atredies (who have since changed colour from red to blue incidentally…) but more of that later. In both Dune2/2000 the insidious Ordos appeared out of nowhere! Now, you had to battle it out to control Dune – Arrakis (land of the spice – melange) and could chose between all three houses! Great fun! Dune is such a great game if you have nothing to do, or find yourself watching Wipe Out on Television – you know you’re bored when that happens! You simply have to control vast armies and wipe out the opposition (I knew there’d be a link here…goodbye!), which is no easy target. The graphics were much improved in 2000, with actual video sequences popping up here and there – instead of the 2D mentats and start up. I really did think Dune 2000 was amazing, and I did indeed control my team to victory on many occasion! I think the best house was the Noble Atredies!

So what could possibly be the second best game I have ever played in my life? Is it a Dreamcast, Saturn or N64 game? Could a Playstation title make an unexpected appearance, or am I about to startle you all (if anyone is reading) by announcing that an Amigo game clinches the Silver ware? Well, the answer to those questions is…no.
The 2nd best game is, the original Dune on the PC. (I know what you’re all thinking ‘Oh god, he’s lost it again’) I was one of the lucky people to have experienced the classic that was Dune. As I have stated already – this had nothing to do with the later games other than the general story – I guess this game was about the insider view of the war – you had less control, but ultimately the game was far more exciting. The music in all 3 games is phenomenal. I just think it’s perfect for the game, really hits the nail on the spot as it were. There’s a victory kind of music, a music style for when you’re losing, and a suggestive, eerie, and other types of music throughout. The music is superb! The graphics at the time were great, but by today’s standard the average N64 know a lot 12 yr old would turn his or her nose up at Dune, they just wouldn’t appreciate its magnificence.
The main objective, as Paul Atredies (apologies if this is spelt incorrectly!) was to beat the Harkkonen army – an evil race of people, and during the game all sorts of set backs occur, you’re father Duke Leto dies, you’re mother seems to go round the bend, and your girlfriend gets kidnapped! If Evil Baron Harkkonen is to be eventually beaten you will need to gather people to work for you – trade with people, get spice and all sorts of different tasks – it’s a really well worked game that makes far more sense than the film (featuring Patrick Stewart), ever did. The Fremen – the people that can hide in Dune 2000, are all-important in succeeding so you’ll have to go around in your ornithopter to search for the Sietches – cave type places where the fremen hang out. You have to try to gain their trust so they fight for you against the harkkonen. Anyway, enough of my rambling – Dune is a classic title, that has sparked off a chain reaction of Westwood games. Onwards and forwards eh?

So, which game holds the crown at the top of the list? Which is my favourite ever video game, and why? If you know me, then you’ll know! It’s the Sega Saturn game, Nights. Created – by Yuji Naka and his Sonic Team (thanks a lot for all of these games guys) Nights became the best Sega Saturn game ever! Offering a strange kind of 3D graphics system, Nights was the main character – an odd looking flying thing that had to collect spherical objects and rack up the points in order to complete the levels. The visuals were Dreamcast standard – if only Nights had been on a more successful console, more people would have been able to experience it – but then I like the idea of exclusivity ‘have you played Nights before?’ I ask. ‘No – what’s that?’ - ‘Never mind’… I got the game as a Christmas present complete with the 3D analogue control pad in an exuberant box of wonder. The game boasted so much life and energy – wonderfully created, such an original game that cannot be touched in terms of sheer fun and enjoyment. The game play was much like Sonic, only much, much more playable, and less irritating! The story line – inspirational, and really kind of ‘innocent’ but good! I don’t currently own Nights and the pad, after I sold it for just £20 ages ago! I’ll have to pick a copy up somewhere because this is game that every true believer of outstanding, groundbreaking games should own. It’s magic!

There you have it! My longest ever post, and it’s all yours to sift through. I hope you liked it, I found it a lot nicer than writing about the games I hated!

Cheers,

Dan
Sun 28/01/01 at 16:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
10. Championship Manager 97/98
This game may deserve a higher spot, as I've spent so much time playing on it. I still play on it now-and I prefer it to the newer versions. Excellent gameplay, and it lasts.....forever!!

9. Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Although the graphics aren't perfect, and there is only one mode, it is extremely addictive!! It's so much fun slashing droids down with my lightsaber, or using a Rocket Launcher to blow the hell out of the Destroyer Droids!! Brilliant.

8. Tekken
The first PlayStation game I ever played. Overall, good graphics, quite a few modes, great characters, and as all Tekkens are, very addictive.

7. Tekken 2
Exactly the same as above, but with more modes and better graphics.

6. Formula 1 '97
The first ever good F1 game, and it still stands out today. All the cars and drivers, great graphics, and quite a few modes. Lovely.

5. Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions
More brilliant espionage action from Solid Snake and friends. Everything MGS had, apart from a plot. It has extras, like the ability to be Ninja, and will last for ages. This game gets 5th.

4. Tekken Tag Tournament
Awesome game. Brilliant graphics, loads of modes, more characters, a small plot and extreme lastability.

3. Gran Turismo 1/2
Probably the best 2 racers ever. Loads of cars, modes, options, great graphics, brill gameplay, EVERYTHING!!
This game gets bronze position.

2. WWF Smackdown 1/2
In my opinion, these are the best wrestling games ever. They've got all the wrestlers, matches, modes, options and more. Superb, detailed graphics, and the gameplay is fast, furious and fun. This game takes the silver.

1. In my opinion, this is the best game ever. It is: Metal Gear Solid!!
This game has everything. A brilliant plot, storyline, interesting characters, great gameplay and to top it off, excellent graphics. 10/10.

There's my top 10 games.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 28/01/01 at 16:26
Regular
The phantom Menace or dear.
Sun 28/01/01 at 16:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
SNIPER wrote:
> The phantom Menace or dear.

Yep. On PC. Excellent game.
Sun 28/01/01 at 17:36
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Mmmm.... Deus Ex Vs. Metal Gear Solid anyone?... I'd have to plump for Deus Ex myself? ;)
Sun 28/01/01 at 18:06
So, it seems as though only myself and Ant have top tens. That's great!

I bet if I had had a PSone the list might be different. I bet if Ant had a Dreamcast his list wouldn't even be here because he wouldn't be able to pull himself away from the quality!
Sun 28/01/01 at 20:13
Regular
here is my top 10 of all time....

10. GTA PC version. bit boring now, but still a classic

9. Iss 98. i aint played pro evoulation but that also looks good.

8. Banjo Kazoie. Best platformer in my view. quite funny game actually. u get a good ending also when u complete it with all the jiggies and notes. gives u a preview of banjo-tooie.

7. Mario kart (snes). this game is soo adictive.

6. Pokemon yellow/blue/red. dont be put off by childish image. these games are actually quality. easily best games ever made for gameboy.

5. Goldeneye. another level

4. Perfect Dark. hard to choose between goldeneye and Pd. goldeneye has better multiplayer but PD has brilliant gadgets and guns. i love the slayer. the remote camera is also cool

3. wrestlemania 2000( this would be No mercy bar the glitch)

2. Zelda Ocarina of time. this game was talked about for months at school.

1. CM 97/98. most playable game ever! this game has lasted me over 3 years! i think although not as detailed as the newer version, it is more enjoyable. I am brigton and led them all the way from division 3 to the premiership and europeon glory!
Sun 28/01/01 at 20:15
Regular
oh and SWOS on the AMIGA should also be somewhere in there, i nearly forgot about it
Sun 28/01/01 at 20:31
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
1. NiGHTS (aturn)- the most original game since Mario.
2. Mario Cart (SNES) an ultimate party game
3. Street Fighter 2 turbo- the one that started the trend.
4. Soul Calibur- ultimate 3d fighter
5. One of the Zeldas... can't think which though

Well, can't get much further- too big a choice! Maybe some resident evils and other RPGS.

SonicRav
Sun 28/01/01 at 21:26
Regular
s**t nearly forgot about SF2 turbo. bit stupid though that u had to do the cheat to get the fast mode

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.