GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega and Nintendo vs Sony"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/01/01 at 23:10
Regular
Sega and Nintendo vs Sony. This is what it seems to be.

There are loads of points that prove it.

For one, all the Sega fans prefer Nintendo to Sony, and vice versa. It's obvious, as when there are arguments, Ninty and Sega fans always team up, apart from the occasional exception.

Also, all these rumours about Sega and Nintendo merging.

What is it?? Are they scared of Sony?? Can't Nintendo and Sega cope on their own??

Look, this is just what it appears to be from my point of view.

Also, I'm expecting replies saying a load of crap like, "Oh well I like Sega better than Sony as they are more experienced, and bring out quality games, where as Sony don't, they're in it for the money blah blah BLAH!!"

I'm sorry if I've annoyed people but this is what it looks like from here.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 27/01/01 at 23:10
Regular
"I like cheese"
Sega and Nintendo vs Sony. This is what it seems to be.

There are loads of points that prove it.

For one, all the Sega fans prefer Nintendo to Sony, and vice versa. It's obvious, as when there are arguments, Ninty and Sega fans always team up, apart from the occasional exception.

Also, all these rumours about Sega and Nintendo merging.

What is it?? Are they scared of Sony?? Can't Nintendo and Sega cope on their own??

Look, this is just what it appears to be from my point of view.

Also, I'm expecting replies saying a load of crap like, "Oh well I like Sega better than Sony as they are more experienced, and bring out quality games, where as Sony don't, they're in it for the money blah blah BLAH!!"

I'm sorry if I've annoyed people but this is what it looks like from here.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 28/01/01 at 20:20
Regular
yeah endo of the day they are all in it for the money...but the point is sega and nintendo were the established companies in videogames then all a sudden sony come out of nowhere and steal the crown of videogames. without a doubt i have to agree that sony are top of the tree, but will they be this time next year?
Sun 28/01/01 at 20:25
Regular
Sega and Nintendo will join up not because they think it would make them bigger than Sony, it would make them able to make more games for the GameCube.
Mon 29/01/01 at 09:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
No-one will be buying anyone else.

All deals are off and the only thing that will come good from two games companies merging is this....

NOTHING!!!

good games maybe but they would never finish a game, they would argue over which charachter did this and he should do that because of this and he should wear red socks because it's almost christmas!

Sega and Nintendo are like the two most reactive powerful chemicals on earth.....mix them in anyway and your in trouble...I can only hope that Sega dont mess up the GBA....not with games but with legal battles and all that rubbish....if I were Mr. Nintendo I'd keep myself to myself!

The Game
Mon 29/01/01 at 09:26
If Sega make games for the GBA then NINTENDO are in charge, SEGA have no say if the game is released or not, so watch your mouth The Game cause you dont know what you are talking about.

If SEGA and NINTENDO merged then it would probably be the best thing that could happen to the console industry.

Think about it, instead of argueing.

er-no
(silver rhino at school)
Mon 29/01/01 at 12:28
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Why would Sega and Nintnedo waste their time arguing and sqwabbling?

the Game wrote :
"they would never finish a game, they would argue over which charachter did this and he should do that because of this and he should wear red socks because it's almost christmas!"

Why?!?! ... Dreamcast fans and N64 fans may argue points like this, but Nintendo and Sega have no reason to. They are both grown up's, both businesses and both in this for the money.

Equally I'm sure that due to their past competition both Nintendo and Sega have a healthy respect for each other.

They'll also know that Sony and Microsoft present too much of a challange to bother with any petty differences themselves...

Also if Sega are producing great games, it makes Sega & Nintendo look good, and brings Nintnedo & Sega money... so what would be the problem?

Just asking? :)

Mon 29/01/01 at 12:47
The Japanese hate outsiders trying to take their territory, they dispise Microsoft and Im sure Nintendo and Sega will see them as their biggest threat. Sony are already in the lead in the next generation race, only great games can stop them now.
Nintendo should by up Sega, Sega can accomodate us Arcade gamers who like pick up and play games like House of The Dead 2 and Nintendo can continue to innovate by producing class games like Zelda Majoras mask.
At the end of the day Nintendo can survive because of GBA, no matter how well the Gamecube does! But buying Sega up would mean every console owner would want the Gamecube... and would blow Microsoft away! Leaving only 2 competitors Sega@Nintendo vs Sony.... and this would be better for the industry...after all at present Microsoft has the potential to destroy both Sega and Nintendo, and ask yourself what Innovative games has Microsoft ever made??? None,... The Japanese have the inspiration and the talent leave them to it!
Mon 29/01/01 at 18:04
Regular
Sega will look better and make more money, if they just go with Microsoft it will make them money but do they really want to go and make games for a PC type machine?
Mon 29/01/01 at 18:21
Sega will make more money as a software and Arcade company like Namco. Making games for the X-box would be OK, although Ild rather them go with Nintendo or stick it out alone than merge with Microsoft!
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:15
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
New Jimmy wrote :
",... The Japanese have the inspiration and the talent leave them to it!"

Remember Rare is a British comany.... It may be because I'm a PC gamer first and foremost... but most of the 'classic' game titles all seem to come from Britain/US and Japan combined...

New Jimmy wrote :
"what Innovative games has Microsoft ever made"
Microsoft have never written any games... but the 200 odd companies they've signed up have... Which includes the best talent in the business...

New Jimmy wrote :
"Nintendo should by up Sega, Sega can accomodate us Arcade gamers who like pick up and play games like House of The Dead 2 and Nintendo can continue to innovate by producing class games like Zelda Majoras mask."

Your not wrong... the two would make a formiddable team... however I think Seag are looking to develop for as many different platforms as possible, rather than tagging themselves to one.

Sniper wrote :
"Sega will look better and make more money, if they just go with Microsoft it will make them money but do they really want to go and make games for a PC type machine?"

Okay, here we go again... Consoles and PC's have the same Architecture... The only difference is that a consoles spec is set, whereas a PC's is variable...

The Dreamcast, PS2, XBox, N64, PS, SNES, etc... all have the potential to become computers...

New Jimmy Wrote :
"Sega will make more money as a software and Arcade company like Namco."

When the Saturn failed, I seem to remeber Sega saying that they were intending to sitck to Arcades and console software... and here they are saying the same thing agin... although thins time, I suspect there going to go through with it! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.