GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario 128 Storyline"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/01/01 at 22:23
Regular
First off, because of the power of the GC I was thinking a few more worlds and a lot more interactive charachters like in Paper Mario. I think that although it is a platform there should be other genre elements on the game, I think this was one of Zelda's biggest Attributes!!!

I think that it should be Mario and Luigi Split screen, after US reviews of Banjo-Tooie the whole Idea stared by Toe-Jam and Earl on the Sega MD has grown to dizzy heights in terms of popularity with fans.

I think that you have got to have Mario Vs Bowser but I think that as many of the Mario Tennis cast should be as involved as possible. I think it would make the game feel bigger and give a definate 'great value' feeling to the game.

I wouln't put Donkey Kong in as a) he belongs to Rare and b) It would be best to see him in all his glory in a DK128 title first!

I think that saving Peach would be good, but is it too boring? I mean wouldn't it be best to have to do something else instead? or aswell!!!

I think maybe you could take control of ALL the charachters and they can each do little bits here and there to help Mario save the Mushroom Viliage...mario would be the key figure but i think that more mini tasks...(Zelda - Banjo Kazooie Style) would be good.

I think that the levels in pictures idea is goo but rather than being in a castle I think you should be in the Mushroom kingdom, the Villiage, Castle, and all the other places you might be! A 3D interactive villiage with en-suite Castle Levels.......wow!

The Game

PS: Silly Idea?, If I told you 6 years ago that Mario 64 would have stars hidden in paintings what would you have said!!!
Fri 26/01/01 at 22:23
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
First off, because of the power of the GC I was thinking a few more worlds and a lot more interactive charachters like in Paper Mario. I think that although it is a platform there should be other genre elements on the game, I think this was one of Zelda's biggest Attributes!!!

I think that it should be Mario and Luigi Split screen, after US reviews of Banjo-Tooie the whole Idea stared by Toe-Jam and Earl on the Sega MD has grown to dizzy heights in terms of popularity with fans.

I think that you have got to have Mario Vs Bowser but I think that as many of the Mario Tennis cast should be as involved as possible. I think it would make the game feel bigger and give a definate 'great value' feeling to the game.

I wouln't put Donkey Kong in as a) he belongs to Rare and b) It would be best to see him in all his glory in a DK128 title first!

I think that saving Peach would be good, but is it too boring? I mean wouldn't it be best to have to do something else instead? or aswell!!!

I think maybe you could take control of ALL the charachters and they can each do little bits here and there to help Mario save the Mushroom Viliage...mario would be the key figure but i think that more mini tasks...(Zelda - Banjo Kazooie Style) would be good.

I think that the levels in pictures idea is goo but rather than being in a castle I think you should be in the Mushroom kingdom, the Villiage, Castle, and all the other places you might be! A 3D interactive villiage with en-suite Castle Levels.......wow!

The Game

PS: Silly Idea?, If I told you 6 years ago that Mario 64 would have stars hidden in paintings what would you have said!!!
Sat 27/01/01 at 16:03
Regular
I think that these ideas are great!

I think that to get to levels though you should go through the pipe portals.

Still if it's similar to Mario64 then it's got to be good!

and remember that Mario64 was very basic compared to some of the newer N64 games! Hopefully it will be the same with Mario128! Cos if Mario128 is excellent then we may have games which are much bigger and better after it!

I think that Kong should be in some of the Mario based games like Mario Kart and Mario Tennis but he shouldn't be in the main games.

Donkey Kong was created by nintendo (I don't know how Rare got him) and he was the bad guy in the first ever platformer!
Sat 27/01/01 at 17:32
Regular
that platformer with donkey kong was so annoying! i onl played it for the first time on DK64. it took me hours getting that damn nintendo coin
Sun 28/01/01 at 12:06
Regular
I think Donkey Kong should make an appearance as he was in the first ever Mario game. I think it should involve Wario, Walagi and Bowser joining forces and taking control of the mushroom kingdom. It is up to Mario, Luigi, Peach and Yoshi to win the kingdom back. Yoshi can be used in conjunction with all characters as well as a stand alone character.

Toad is also playable when it comes to sneaking in to gaps and like Bros 3 peach can float.

I'm thinking this game can be more of an RPG with an interactive world in which you have to help save the locals and banish the 3 out of the Kingdom.

We should see those mountains with eyes in them again.

There should be tonnes of mini games and when you complete them you unlock them so you can play them from the start.

There should be a Deathmatch and a game where you have to kill as many koopers befor the time runs out and the player who has killed the most wins.

Like Zelda there should be mini game crossovers such as a Samus pictiure or a pokemon doll.

It has to have the gameplay of mario 64 with stunning graphics and an compelling storyline.]

It has to made by Shiguru Miyamto

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.