GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spotify - free (legit!) music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/09 at 11:27
Regular
Free Invite

What is Spotify?
Spotify offers you legal and free access to a huge library of music. All you need to do is create an account and download our streaming music player.

What is your goal?
Our dream is to let everyone listen to whatever they want, whenever and wherever they want.

Do I need to pay to use Spotify?
No, the advertising-funded version of Spotify is free of charge, however, for now it requires that you receive an invite to register, click here to sign up for an invite. Alternatively, you can pay for an ad-free subscription to Spotify.

And from a review at torrentfreak:

Spotify is a music service that gives users access to a huge library of music, through a lightweight application that looks like a mashup of the best parts of iTunes and Last.fm. Music is streamed, partly supported by P2P technology, but it plays instantly, like we’ve never seen before.

One of the software engineers at Spotify is Ludvig Strigeus, the creator of uTorrent. It is therefore no surprise that the application uses very few resources, just 12k memory when we tested it. The rumor goes that some of the money made when uTorrent sold to BitTorrent Inc., has actually been invested in Spotify, an application that competes with piracy.

When we asked Andres Sehr of Spotify to describe the service, he told us “Spotify is a new way of enjoying music. We believe Spotify provides a viable alternative to music piracy. We think the way forward is to create a service better than piracy, thereby converting users into a legal, sustainable alternative which also enriches the total music experience.”

I've just signed up, but no speakers on the PC here at work, so will give it a go tonight.

I have heard that although it sounds bad, there really aren't many adverts - less than on commercial radio and with the added benefit of no crap DJ jibbering away between tracks either.

You can share playlists between friends who can then add tracks and send the list back.

Maybe we could set up a Freeola playlist and share new music between us?
Wed 09/12/09 at 22:40
Regular
"eat toast!"
I generally test how good a music website is by giving it the obsecure anime song test. Don't have a song from an anime or from a singer like steve conte or yoko kanno and i know it lacks quality.

Or maybe i like anime songs and its so hard to find any that do.
Wed 09/12/09 at 18:21
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
cjh wrote:
> Spotify just lost a point from me.
>
> I've been listening to "
> Meet Me
> Halfway
" for a good couple of weeks now, and it's
> suddenly only available to premium users on an exclusive bases,
> and will be made available "later" to the free
> service.
>
> I suppose I can't blame them for cashing in, but its bugged me
> that it's no longer available to stream.

yeh the whole album has been stopped for free members, i think because it was proving to be the most popular album for quite a while.
Wed 09/12/09 at 17:42
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Spotify just lost a point from me.

I've been listening to " Meet Me Halfway" for a good couple of weeks now, and it's suddenly only available to premium users on an exclusive bases, and will be made available "later" to the free service.

I suppose I can't blame them for cashing in, but its bugged me that it's no longer available to stream.
Mon 23/11/09 at 12:18
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I abide by forum rules......

Haha kidding. :D
Sun 22/11/09 at 21:28
Regular
Spotify really is good, listening to Bill Withers.
Sun 22/11/09 at 14:11
Regular
I mastermind heists for warehouses storing CDs!
Sun 22/11/09 at 13:51
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
I use mp3raid..... it's very good!
Sat 21/11/09 at 22:13
Regular
"eat toast!"
i personally use grooveshark.
Sat 21/11/09 at 20:34
Regular
"How Ironic"
Ah, gotcha. Well i have to say, but not disclose, but there are a number of sites that let you stream full music tracks, without the need for adverts.

*I'm not justifying piracy, or advertising it, just making a point*
Sat 21/11/09 at 20:06
Regular
It is legal, you have to listen to advertisements.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.