GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Past lives?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/10/06 at 13:03
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Do you ever feel as if you've lived a life before? Recurring dreams, facts and figures that pop into your head about a random thing, then you check and it's true?

Do you believe the soul is recycled into other creatures (reincarnation) or do you believe that death is the end? Or heaven and hell - do they exist.

I think we are reincarnated as I feel a strong link with the Trailblazing Americans in the wild west. I often dream about it and for some reason they are my most realistic dreams. I have a strong name coming through called "colt remmington". Was that me?

Can I have your thoughts please?
Tue 02/01/07 at 14:09
Regular
"lets go back"
I dont believe in reincarnation. I believe that when you die you are judged by God and spend eternity in either heaven or hell. I dont really know what heaven (or hell for that matter) is like but I'm sure its pretty cool.
Sat 30/12/06 at 15:23
Regular
Yeah that was the main character in Gun haha.
Fri 29/12/06 at 23:06
Regular
hippyman wrote:
> called "colt remmington"

Wasn't that the main character in 'Gun' ?

Yeah, anyway, I agree with the belief that life on Earth is 'Hell' and all death is 'Heaven', not the traditional Christian jazz about golden gates with angels floating around on clouds.

In some ways I'd like to believe reincarnation existed, simply because I don't like the thought of being gone from existence or simply lying in a shallow grave. Things like deja vus are hard to explain, but they don't necessarily show a past life, more a knowledge of something in a scene you've been in many times before, so you may have seen something like a red car go by down a road you've walked many times, and not remembered the scene - so you recall it as you see the same thing happen again.

I would believe in the more spiritual side of mortality, only the God presented in the Bible and some of the stories that I'm told are 'only illustrations' for what may have happened, conflict too much and just sound so, so, far-fetched.
Fri 29/12/06 at 22:54
Regular
"I may return"
amandag wrote:
> maybe what we believe in determines what happens to us?

In that case... I believe that when we die we come back as someone very rich and talented. Or we come back as we've always wanted to live eg. for most, rich!
Fri 29/12/06 at 20:00
Regular
"boofy them"
i think something must be going on when we pop our clogs. yes we are made up of a body, blood, heart beating etc, but we have feelings - now where do they all come from? We are not in control of how we feel, but can be mostly in control of our bodies. i like to think that our soul and sprit survive somewhere otherwise whats the point?
maybe what we believe in determines what happens to us? If we believe that we will carry on in some form then we will. If we believe that there is nothing after death then there won't be.
Or am I just trying to make death less scarey??
Mon 25/12/06 at 20:07
Regular
hmmmm, perhaps a shmoke helps ponder this lol
Mon 25/12/06 at 14:27
Regular
jakeblues68 wrote:
> Knowing human nature and being inquisitive people, wouldn't we
> have worked it out by now? Surely if there was an element of
> proof then we would know by now?
>
> Or is there?

We probably have worked it out -- intuitively. But not many trust their intuition.
By worked it out I mean the answer to life's mysteries is that we are currently situated in just one of the countless layers of illusion.
Intelligence picks up facts, but just how many facts are beyond our intelligence?...
Sun 24/12/06 at 22:33
Regular
Whilst I do not believe there is an afterlife as such, heaven and hell for instance, I do believe that we may have a second, third etc go at life.
It can be seen for instance in some animals and children, who have no conditioning as such yet but show very visible signs of "being here before" or some previous knowledge.
Perhaps its just a feeling a person experiences when around a similar situation.
Or is it perhaps just the human mind playing its "wishful" tricks? Deja vu for instance?

Knowing human nature and being inquisitive people, wouldn't we have worked it out by now? Surely if there was an element of proof then we would know by now?

Or is there?
Sat 23/12/06 at 11:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Looking at the most rational thinking I can currently consider, when we die we die. To believe our soul is transcendent and leaves our body to go elsewhere is tantamount to believing in anything because it sounds nice. When we die our concept of self dies, so arguably our soul dies along with it; our body is burned or buried or sunk or whatever, and due to there being no conscious activity, I believe the soul, if it exists, dies as well. I can't see any other adequate way of explaining it without resorting to hopeful appeals to some higher being or reincarnation, both of which don't stand too well in a rational sense.

I'm sure there are many people who argue they've lived in past lives, but the whole thing is so inconclusive it's hard to say what's what, let alone that there IS reincarnation or anything of the sort.
Fri 22/12/06 at 20:05
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Nin wrote:
> There is nothing after this. The world continues without you and
> you dont exist anymore, just like it was before you were born.

What if the 'nothing' before we were born is 'something' though? ... No need to answer that :)

But yeah, past lives ... I've no opinion on the subject. I could choose to believe something, but it would just be a hope to hang my hat on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.