GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where now for Sega?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/01/01 at 22:39
Regular
It was relativly easy for Sega to keep its look/feel... identity whilst it created games for its own console...

but what will hapen now that they are creating games for other consoles?...

If there making games for the PS2 and X-Box will they lose there look?

Will the highest bidder (either Sony or Microsoft) unofficially change the face of their operations and style of productions?...

Will we oneday see team Sonic creating a purely PS2 Sonic the Hedghog... to Sony specifiactions?

Is this the begining of the end for Sega...

Or just a hiccup in their long exsistance?
Tue 23/01/01 at 22:39
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
It was relativly easy for Sega to keep its look/feel... identity whilst it created games for its own console...

but what will hapen now that they are creating games for other consoles?...

If there making games for the PS2 and X-Box will they lose there look?

Will the highest bidder (either Sony or Microsoft) unofficially change the face of their operations and style of productions?...

Will we oneday see team Sonic creating a purely PS2 Sonic the Hedghog... to Sony specifiactions?

Is this the begining of the end for Sega...

Or just a hiccup in their long exsistance?
Tue 23/01/01 at 23:23
Regular
Well if the news is true. I hope they can work with Nintendo in the future, it would be a very good partnership to make. If they want to make money why not help Nintendo by making software for them.
Tue 23/01/01 at 23:30
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Armatige Shanks wrote:

Will the highest bidder (either Sony or Microsoft) unofficially
> change the face of their operations and style of
> productions?...

ER...Nintendo have enough Cash you know, they didn't donate the profit from Pokémon to the 'We are sooooo sad we have a playstation' society!

I think that Nintendo should get sega's copyrights, they would know where to take it....SONY would just privatise all the copyrights and Screw sonic up...stupid SONY

The Game
Tue 23/01/01 at 23:56
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Only according to the news... Sega have already signed a deal with Sony... and are currently in talks with Microsoft... with no mention of Nintendo...
Wed 24/01/01 at 00:52
Regular
nintendo always screw up with things like this. if they want to compete with the rest , they must make a deal with sega to produce games for the gamecube. this is reminisant of when nintendo told sony to get lost......i wonder what could have been......what a console it could have been.....just imagine sony's brainwashing power combined with nintendo's inovation. if only......

would sonic really appear on another console?!
Wed 24/01/01 at 13:57
"possibly impossible"
With so many stories floating around the internet and in the press, I'm amazed you guys still fall for them. I expect it of Digitiser (who only this morning posted the 'official' rumour that Sega were no longer going to produce the Dreamcast, but for people on this site to believe it too? hm!

If I were another (less scrupulous) console firm, I'd be busy creating fake news stories like this every day if I thought that it would fool lots of prospective punters. Sega have many rivals, both direct and indirect, and their main fault is not using (or paying off) the press to gain respect from mindless sheep (no offence Sheepy) who believe everything that's written down. This is exactly what happens when you don't use the papers and internet for your own advantage, someone uses them against you, and no, I'm not pointing the finger at any big record producing rival in the slightest.

Well, rant over I guess, but it goes to show what a difference a little bit of ink and a forest can make.
Wed 24/01/01 at 14:52
Regular
They've signed nothing with sony.
Wed 24/01/01 at 14:57
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
SNIPER wrote:
> They've signed nothing with sony.

I wouldn't sing with Sony either...Oh, sign, right...sorry!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.