GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buses and other impossible forms of transport..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/01/09 at 10:58
"possibly impossible"
Gah! If the Government really want people to use public transport then they should blooming well sort it out.

Anyone with any sense can see that the companies need to be much more strictly controlled and allow cheaper tickets with more services in rural areas. This all needs to be subsidised by the Government with the proviso that the strict rules are met and kept.

You can see where this is leading, a rant about my local bus service. At the moment our local service is run by 2 different companies, Dartline and Stagecoach. This means that getting a weekly or monthly ticket is impossible if you live in one part of the town as you need to use 2 services to get anywhere else. The route seems to change on a 3 monthly basis, which means my wife currently has to walk for 20 minutes with 2 small kids to get to the nearest bus then walk another 15 minutes to get to the school. If we had the money she'd get a car, which again defeats the object of ensuring more people use public transport.

Anyway. I'm sure if you live in a big city it's all fine, but feel free to rant about public transport yourselves if you so wish...
Wed 07/01/09 at 11:38
"possibly impossible"
Says you city boys in your bowler hats and umbrellas... :)
Wed 07/01/09 at 11:33
Regular
"Notable"
Yeh but you country boys are derived from farmers who get up at ungodly hours all the time anyway.

makes it for the border in getaway plane

:P
Wed 07/01/09 at 09:06
Regular
"not dead"
When I used to start work at 8am every day, in order to get 18 miles to work, on those horrible occasions when my car was off the road, I had to get on a bus at 06:25, then change onto a different bus when I got into Cambridge. I sometimes made it on time. I used to get home at around 17:30. It added 2 hours to my travel time in total, per day.

Now I work shifts, it simply wouldn't be possible to get to work for the early shift at 07:00 or 07:30, or home from a late shift at 22:30 or 23:00.

So I agree 100%. Public transport simply does not work in rural areas.
Wed 07/01/09 at 06:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
spoonbeast wrote:
> Mind you, our train service wasn't bad. Pretty speedy and
> usually faultless. But things hit the hyper drive when it does
> break down and its not possible to go out to london on weekends
> as they do all their engineering works then. Which is annoying.
> So i can never usually reap the rewards of my weekly season
> ticket that i buy occassionally.

That should all be sorted within 3 months and there is always replacement buses on cancelled lines.
Wed 07/01/09 at 00:15
Regular
"Notable"
Everpain wrote:
> It serves no purpose I can see.

It's all in the name flash
Tue 06/01/09 at 22:29
Regular
"eat toast!"
i just wish it was more efficient. Like say in japan. It all works brilliantly, always on time, faultless and get a decent service for a reasonable price.

But thats never going to happen. The transport system needs modernisation and it needs it badly. All thats happened is the companies just taking more of our money with no improvement in service. They're not obligated to do so either. Because theres no alternative.

Mind you, our train service wasn't bad. Pretty speedy and usually faultless. But things hit the hyper drive when it does break down and its not possible to go out to london on weekends as they do all their engineering works then. Which is annoying. So i can never usually reap the rewards of my weekly season ticket that i buy occassionally.
Tue 06/01/09 at 22:25
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Public transport just gets in the way of all us heavily taxed motorists. It serves no purpose I can see.
Tue 06/01/09 at 21:46
Regular
"eat toast!"
I share your pain. I have to take the bus to work every day and its never on time. Hell you could wait anywhere from a few minuates to nearly half an hour on average.

Hell sometimes they just don't stop.

I wish there were more buses that arrived more frequently. In fact the trains run alot better compared to the bus.
Tue 06/01/09 at 10:58
"possibly impossible"
Gah! If the Government really want people to use public transport then they should blooming well sort it out.

Anyone with any sense can see that the companies need to be much more strictly controlled and allow cheaper tickets with more services in rural areas. This all needs to be subsidised by the Government with the proviso that the strict rules are met and kept.

You can see where this is leading, a rant about my local bus service. At the moment our local service is run by 2 different companies, Dartline and Stagecoach. This means that getting a weekly or monthly ticket is impossible if you live in one part of the town as you need to use 2 services to get anywhere else. The route seems to change on a 3 monthly basis, which means my wife currently has to walk for 20 minutes with 2 small kids to get to the nearest bus then walk another 15 minutes to get to the school. If we had the money she'd get a car, which again defeats the object of ensuring more people use public transport.

Anyway. I'm sure if you live in a big city it's all fine, but feel free to rant about public transport yourselves if you so wish...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.