GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slow Internet (All ADSL filters are not good)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/01/09 at 21:02
Regular
Hi
I know we have been here before but for some of the newer posters heres a little thing that may or may not be of help to anyone.

My friend last week from Santa got a brand new HP laptop, and she then went out and bought a brand new Wireless Router, we can throw stones at the exchange from our garden its that close, and we seldom have problems with our connection usually if we do its the whole village that goes off! (likey due to us throwing stones at the exchange!)

Any how we got her all set up and her wireless connection was superb at the weekend, but today she arrived in tears as her connection was so slow!

A bit investigation revealed that her sync speed had gone down from 8128 to 1264? or some thing like that, and her connection was intermitent - every thing was new though?

I changed the NEW adsl filter that came with the router and suddenly the drop outs ceased!

Moral of the story all ADSL filters or not equal!

Digi

I explained that in about 7 - 10 days her speed should be back to normal
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 05/01/09 at 21:02
Regular
Hi
I know we have been here before but for some of the newer posters heres a little thing that may or may not be of help to anyone.

My friend last week from Santa got a brand new HP laptop, and she then went out and bought a brand new Wireless Router, we can throw stones at the exchange from our garden its that close, and we seldom have problems with our connection usually if we do its the whole village that goes off! (likey due to us throwing stones at the exchange!)

Any how we got her all set up and her wireless connection was superb at the weekend, but today she arrived in tears as her connection was so slow!

A bit investigation revealed that her sync speed had gone down from 8128 to 1264? or some thing like that, and her connection was intermitent - every thing was new though?

I changed the NEW adsl filter that came with the router and suddenly the drop outs ceased!

Moral of the story all ADSL filters or not equal!

Digi

I explained that in about 7 - 10 days her speed should be back to normal

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.