GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/04/03 at 09:01
Regular
Metallica have announced their replacement for departed Jason Newstead.
Coming into the "Metallicamp" for their new album to be released in June called...."Sgt Anger" (stifles laughter).

And who is it?
Robert Trujillo

Who? Ask the nu-metal imps in hoodies?
The bass player from seminal skatecore band Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves.

Sgt Anger promises a return to "the noise, size and hate that Metallica what they were".
Which translates into:
They've stopped using string sections and ballads and have realised their fans now think they're big poofs.

Can't deny it either.
Last good album they made was "And Justice for All".
A shocking departure from Harvester of Sorrow to Nothing Else Matters.
Hell, even their bass player walked out on them in disgust.
So an awesome bass player joins a once-good metal band in the dying embers of their days.
Fri 04/04/03 at 09:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Metallica have announced their replacement for departed Jason Newstead.
Coming into the "Metallicamp" for their new album to be released in June called...."Sgt Anger" (stifles laughter).

And who is it?
Robert Trujillo

Who? Ask the nu-metal imps in hoodies?
The bass player from seminal skatecore band Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves.

Sgt Anger promises a return to "the noise, size and hate that Metallica what they were".
Which translates into:
They've stopped using string sections and ballads and have realised their fans now think they're big poofs.

Can't deny it either.
Last good album they made was "And Justice for All".
A shocking departure from Harvester of Sorrow to Nothing Else Matters.
Hell, even their bass player walked out on them in disgust.
So an awesome bass player joins a once-good metal band in the dying embers of their days.
Fri 04/04/03 at 09:43
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Don't know who he is, but nice to see that Metallica can now get back to work. They rock!

:)
Fri 04/04/03 at 09:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
They used to before they turned into Boyzone with swearing
Fri 04/04/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hmm. When was he in Suicidal...? Looking at the CD book from 'Free your soul...' he wasn't in it then...

Anyhoo. Suicidal members seem to be getting poached a lot recently. Brooks Wackerman joined Bad Religion for their latest album after the last BR drummer had to leave due to injury...
Sat 05/04/03 at 18:08
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I like Metallicas new stuff. Well, OK, I like a few tracks off ReLoad and the Black Album. Master Of Puppets rules all.

But the support for thier summer tour is Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. That is not rock.
Sat 05/04/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Sibs wrote:
> Hmm. When was he in Suicidal...? Looking at the CD book from 'Free
> your soul...' he wasn't in it then...
--

He joined for the "Lights, Camera, Revolution" album in '90 and stayed right until "Suicidal For Life" in '94. Old School Suicidal.
I caught them at The Marquee in '89 and they didnt have Trujillo then, but when MTV started playing "Can't Bring Me Down" then got a reasonable amount of success.
I prefer the earlier stuff like "Join The Army (ST)", "How Can I Laugh" etc. Last album of their's I bought was "Suicidal for Life".
Sat 05/04/03 at 20:40
Regular
"¬_¬"
You complete and utter . The album is called 'St Anger', not 'Sgt Anger'. Saint Anger. Idiot.
Sat 05/04/03 at 20:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
St or Sgt, it makes no difference. Still a rubbish title.

And Goatboy, you're coming very close to...well, an idiot with your "Boyzone with swearing" quote.
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:54
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Blank wrote:

> And Goatboy, you're coming very close to...well, an idiot with your
> "Boyzone with swearing" quote.

Limp Bizkit.

Linking Park.
Mon 07/04/03 at 10:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
½pint wrote:
> You complete and utter . The album is called 'St Anger', not 'Sgt
> Anger'. Saint Anger. Idiot.
---

Blow it out your 13yr old metal-loving ring.
If you like Metallica, that means you are gay.
Fact.

They used to matter, but now have become bloated corporate dinosaurs more concerned with make-up than rock.
Fact.

"Any fan that downloads our music instead of paying is no fan of mine" says Lars in Napster court-case.
"We used to listen to homemade tapes of The Misfits and Cliff would pound the dashboard"
Lars in liner-notes for Garage Days revisited.

Any relevance Metallica used to have disappeared long ago.
Metallica with San Fransisco Philharmonic Orchestra?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Load?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reload?
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

They are old, porky ex-rockers that need to retire and breed salmon.
Sgt Anger/St Anger, should have been called "Hey, we still rock. No, honestly we do! Come back"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.