GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Lep"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/04/03 at 00:15
Regular
Ho ho ho. I was just reading a music magazine and they interviewed a few people in a section called 'Who goes to Def Leppard gigs?'. One of the fans called the band 'The Lep' and this made me laugh like a spaz for about half an hour - the Lep. It's a bit like 'The Zep', as in Led Zeppelin, but nowhere near as cool.

'Did you see The Lep last night?'
'I'm a big Lep fan'
'I'm the biggest Lepper there is!'

Then I remembered the drummer only has one arm, so is in fact, a real life Leper in more ways than one! Then I realised that maybe when the fans talk of 'The Lep' they're referring to the limb-challenged drummer.

'The Lep was great last night'
'The Lep rocked'

Of course he rocks, he's only got one arm, therefore finds it hard to keep balance! I am tired, and am now going to bed, goodnight.

'The Lep'

*chuckles*
Sat 05/04/03 at 22:47
"possibly impossible"
Goatboy wrote:
> > Like having a singer with no head or a guitarist with flippers. Just
> doesnt work.

Now that's just getting in to the late 60's LSD based band material. Guitarists with flippers were two-a-penny back then, you know.
Sat 05/04/03 at 17:20
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
CDouch wrote:
> Wow. Just this morning I was wondering what it would be like to be a
> one armed drummer. Didn't realised theirs was. Good for him.

Meh. I think I'll play closer attention to their video now :P

That's gotta be a laugh :)
Sat 05/04/03 at 17:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Would I continue?
Not if I was rubbish, like he is.

Sorry, he's dedicated and brave etc etc, but he sucks as a drummer. It's a must-do to have BLOODY ARMS IF YOU PLAY THE DRUMS.
That sounds cruel, nobody likes to mock a flid but...c'mon...

Like having a singer with no head or a guitarist with flippers. Just doesnt work.
Sat 05/04/03 at 16:35
"possibly impossible"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> My question is this. If goaty lost an arm would he keep playing the
> drums?

Yep, but not, apparently, in an 80's Rock band. They used to rock in the 80's, Animal, Rocket etc. Even their slightly later stuff was good like Two Steps Behind, but then they sank to the depths of pop-sounding stuff.
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:39
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Me and my sister watched their new video on Kerrang tv solely for the fleeting shots of the drummer tapping away lazily with his one arm. It shouldn't be funny but it is... I mean he looks like a fairy reaching over and tapping people on the head with a magic wand; it must be difficult for him, he has all those drums to choose from and only one stick to bash them with.

My question is this. If goaty lost an arm would he keep playing the drums?
Fri 04/04/03 at 17:47
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
*is still laughing*
Fri 04/04/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You can't help but add 'per' after hearing that
Fri 04/04/03 at 11:01
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Wow. Just this morning I was wondering what it would be like to be a one armed drummer. Didn't realised theirs was. Good for him.
Fri 04/04/03 at 07:25
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
I think Def Leppard are crap, because, after listening to some songs of their new album, they seem to be going in the direction of pop...
Fri 04/04/03 at 00:22
"slightlyshortertagl"
Go to sleep Snuggers.

You need it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.