GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future of Computer Gaming on TV!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/01/01 at 16:20
Regular
The Future of Computer Gaming on TV!

What do you think of the ComputerEntertainment based TV shows, weve come along way from the likes of "GamesMaster" and "Bad Influence", and thankfully now have the great "Bits" on channel 4 and some less entertaining, if perhaps more informative offerings on ITV.
Do you think "Bits" needs a PrimeTime spot, I for one would gladly watch bits over the current prime Time garbage on TV, besides which, staying up late to watch Bit is just a pain. A pain well worth it, but something that could be eased.
Tell me what you think, Do you think there are enough Computer Related TV shows???? Should the girls from Bits have their own game???? Or perhaps you think you should host your own Videogame show, FantasyMeister could have his own spot on the show, regularly being charitable giving PS2s to young children and gorgeous young maidens...And I could have my worst game of the month slot where I rant and rave about the poor control system, or shoddy graphics of the latest releases.

Sat 03/02/01 at 00:21
Regular
cheerz man i'll catch it in half an hour. ididnt know it came on friday nights. thats quality. i couldt be bothered to stay up and wath it sunday night!
Fri 02/02/01 at 21:17
Probably!

For those of you who havent seen BITS yet its on Channel 4 tonight at 00.55, catch it and make up your own mind!
Tue 30/01/01 at 22:26
"possibly impossible"
I think Grix was right the first time!
Tue 30/01/01 at 22:24
No their names are Aleks, Emily and Emily B.
Tue 30/01/01 at 21:31
Regular
Isn't one of the women from Bits called Mouff?

Or Duff.

Perhaps Buff.

Not sure.
Tue 30/01/01 at 21:26
"High polygon count"
I made a post on this subject last year, and it won me a game.

I wonder if I can find it and do a quick cut & paste... :-)
Tue 30/01/01 at 20:50
"possibly impossible"
But they can't show any footage related to shootings, blood, certain types of fighting or anything else risque, so that counts most games shows out until the 9pm slot and half the audience. This means they have to make the show more 'adult' to get an audience and it all goes horribly wrong after that point.
Tue 30/01/01 at 20:31
Abuse Abuse Abuse!!!!

No I quite agree actually, because these shows need to get the games off a producer they cant totally **** off a game even if its really poor. This is a problem with most games mags too! Do you think you could make a better GamesShow???
Tue 30/01/01 at 17:42
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
TV games shows aren't great, yes, they are good to relieve the boredom of midday TV when you are off College or School but they never give opinions, they are always strictly evaluational, they never say."oh not another bust-a-move" it is always "another great title to add to the other 54 bust-a-move titles"

I think we need a proper show that tells us the truth, regardless of who they will fall out with. BITS is good because it covers PC, N64, DC and PS but none of the modern game shows reallytell us what we should be hear, instead they just say, "not bad or"great game" to get in with the producers so they get all the hardware and software 5 months before any one else.

In my opinion, which is all it is, they are shallow pathetic losers that couldn't review a game if someone printed a pre-done review from ign and shoved it in their face.

The Game

(Feel free to hurl abuse...!)
Tue 30/01/01 at 16:54
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I cant help but be more citical of TV review shows... probably coz theyre aim at a difference audience huh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.