GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you do..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/04/03 at 18:20
Regular
Answer honestly here:

I was driving home last night to see a note under my wiper, I got home to find someone's details on it and a message saying, "Sorry, I reversed into your car."

Sure she had, there was a nice big dent above the front right wheel!

Anyway, my Dad deals with the insurance so he rang her and thanked her for being so honest.

So, if you had reversed into a car and had clearly damaged it, would you just drive off or would you have a guilty concience and leave a message?

I'd know that I could drive off but I would have to leave a note, I'd have a guilty concience for leaving it and the thought that someone may had seen me would make me leave a note.

You?
Wed 02/04/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Depends on the type of the car really.

If their car looked really good, and they looked rich I'd probably leave it since they have more money than me.

If it was a crap car, old car, or a car which doesn't shout "I'm better than you" (my boss at work for example has the registration plate "G0D", I'd not leave a note on that one), and it looks like it belongs to someone hard up like me I'd leave a note being able to symphasise with them.

If I knew the guy/woman who owned it and didn't like them I'd also drive off.

But I'd check first if anyone was aroumd.
Wed 02/04/03 at 12:11
Regular
"That's right!"
Totally depends on my mood. If I was in a good mood, with time to spare, then sure, I'd leave a note or whatever. If not, I'd drive off and shout "Eat my dust!"
Wed 02/04/03 at 10:37
Regular
leave a note with phils name and address on it! so he is chief suspect.................

hahhahahahahahahahaha
Wed 02/04/03 at 03:48
Regular
"cachoo"
I'd drive away leaving a note saying Sorry.. That's all.
Wed 02/04/03 at 00:26
Regular
Depends on what the car i damaged was.

If it was something along the lines of a BMW/Merc/anything in the same category or above then i'd just leave it as more than likely the people who drive these cars have more than enough money to worry about a little dent.

Would also depend upon how much money i had at the time regardless of what the other car was. Cant be paying for repairs if i'm skint.

There again, i know how i'd feel if it happened to me...

Guess what i'd really do wont come out till i actually do it. I reveresed into something (not a car, and i aint telling you what it is *its embarrasing*) the day i passed my test and i've been extra careful with my reversing since then, so hopefully it wont happen ever again.
Tue 01/04/03 at 22:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Do Metros do much damage to other cars?
Tue 01/04/03 at 22:47
Regular
"Hallelujah"
If i backed the bread mobile into your car i'd floor it away as fast as possible (in the bread mobile...about 60)
Tue 01/04/03 at 22:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But you see with my method you could say you just plain forgot.
Tue 01/04/03 at 22:42
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Leaving the note allows the insurance companies to pay for the damage and then they usually take away things like no claim bonuses and stuff like that to the guilty driver.

If you don't leave the note there is a chance you get away with it and fork out the repair cost to your own car. But if you are caught then the police could take action as its kind of like hit and run...
Bit more costly in the end.

I'd leave a note as it seems like the decent thing to do and if someone did it to me I would hope they would do the same.
Tue 01/04/03 at 19:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
...I'd just shoot them all if I were you.

I'd probably leave a note, but 'forget' to leave my details in it.

"I crashed into your car. Sorry"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.