GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chrono Trigger"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Chrono Trigger'.
Sun 31/07/05 at 17:26
Regular
Awsome game. 'Nuff said.
Sun 31/07/05 at 17:26
Regular
Awsome game. 'Nuff said.
Sun 31/07/05 at 17:37
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
One of the best games on the SNES, that's for sure.
Sun 31/07/05 at 17:37
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Double post...
Sun 31/07/05 at 18:42
Regular
Preferred it to Secret of Mana to be honest still both games and Link to the Past were 3 of the best. Haven't played Final Fantasy 6..
Sun 31/07/05 at 19:54
Regular
Awesome indeed, despite never finishing it I love the game dearly. Secret of Mana and Link to the past as with Sniper I'd assume being two of the only games I rate as highly on the Super Nes.
Sun 31/07/05 at 20:26
Regular
Not gotten onto Chrono Trigger yet.
I would've done but the ebay prices are horrific.
Maybe I'll try some emulations. :-)

Talking Snes, I still find Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country the best games I've come across. I didn't get onto Link to the Past until after playing Windwaker, all the Gameboy ones, N64 ones... it kind of seemed a little out-dated after all of them (I mean, Capcom's latest ones had develloped the series beyond going back - not saying that they were better or anything, just Link to the Past seemed a little empty in comparison. I guess 1991 games age eventually.).

Final Fantasy 6 seemed great until the "end of the world" where momentum completely halted (although before then I'd say it was up to FF7 standard. I'd say it was even better for character devellopment...). I had some great times with a friend on Secret of Mana on school PC's but I guess the "keyboard + no sound" 2 player version didn't quite have the magic as the full version. I did get a Snes one on Ebay but it was NSTC, I used the converter wrong (it didn't come with instructions so I tried everything - ended up blowing the game, the Snes and perhaps the converter too).

I AM in a rambling mood today! :-)
Sun 31/07/05 at 20:38
Regular
I'm using an emulator for Chrono Trigger. Works really well.
Sun 31/07/05 at 22:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> I'm using an emulator for Chrono Trigger. Works really well.

ZSNES for the win. :D
Sun 31/07/05 at 22:11
"The Will of D."
Chipseh wrote:
> Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> I'm using an emulator for Chrono Trigger. Works really well.
>
> ZSNES for the win. :D

Ditto.

ePSXe is the best Playstation emulator. Luna Silver Star Story seems like a very good RPG, FF9 was great and Valkyrie Profile will be exciting when I try it out.
Thu 04/08/05 at 20:42
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
chrono trigger is just the best RPG ever. frog is the best RPG character ever. once you've played chrono trigger u realise how it revolutionised japanese RPG's and notice its impact on more recent RPG's. don't emu it though, its too good for that. PSONE import is well easy.

im playin through FF6 atm. the presentation of the game is almost identical to chrono trigger. doubt the storyline will be better, but its still good fun.

chrono trigger remake for PS3? ive heard rumours.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.