GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Meaning of Life...(Including unseen footage!!!)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/01/01 at 18:49
Regular
Hi this is my submission about The Meaning of Life, i would firstly like to say a big thank you to the good people at my mental institute for letting me use their PC, and also a big thank you to all the people at SR for recommending me there.

I usually have a lot a free time on my hands (Explains things don't it?) and most of the time it is thinking about stuff, anything usually but most of all lately the meaning of life, it has come to me that the meaning of life is:

"Conflictions" (Ok keep reading so you can understand it) Basicaly the whole world runs on Conflictions it is what makes us tick, what makes the world go round, what life is all about, lets take an example:

A game (Computer and not) - If there was no way to lose there would be no point in trying, it is the Confliction that keeps you playing, not knowing which way the dice will role, not knowing if you will be wiped out on the final boss of FFVIII, if there was no way of losing there would be no point playing.

A 'Soap' - What keeps you watching is the Conflictions that happen, you WANT to see the fight when someone finds out their best friend is sleeping with his wife, or the Confliction of a big argument.

This is what we humans need to live without it we would not be able to survive, this rule also applies to the animal kingdom, without the Confliction of animals fighting for food, most of the animals would die of starvation or the Confliction of trying to find a mate otherwise thier species would die out.

Us as humans are a little more developed in our lust for Conflictions we need what i call a 'Focus Point' someone or something that is the attention of all the Confliction at the time and place (The words 'The Game' come to mind) of course with all rules there are exceptions, lets take an exception of both a Focused Confliction and a None Focused Confliction:

Focused:

Two words The Game, when he was on all of you attacked him directly, he was the Focus Point of all you rage and Conflictions that need to be taken out on someone, he was just a tool to rid you of your anger (For the time)

Un-Focused:

In our school, beating, bullyings, and general violence are a daily happening, a few days ago most of the people in our school were involved in a large scale fight at multiple people (Sadly i was involved :( ) this was 'Focused' but not entirly so, each person was focused on an individual person and not everyone against 1 or 2 people.

This brings me to my next point, something that is not usually talked about, religon, i am not sure but i think that Jesus Christ was another being, for he did not have any Conflictions (from him to someone else) but i am sure that he was something special, either another being (explaned later) or his brain was formed different from another humans irradicating (or almost) the need for Conflictions, i am going to leave it at that with the religon side of things as i do not want to provoke (too much) any Conflictions.

Attention i was going to say a little on the matter of sex< (Maturly) but i have otherwise decided not to as it could provoke too much.

So now i draw to an end :)

I would like to end this by asking you a question, or rather a riddle as it can not be answered by a human or using a human language, it can only be answered by emotion, but anyway:

Just for a moment suppose there is a higher intelligence, and in thier society there is no Conflictions, what would it be like?

Thanks for reading Va!

Hi this is my submission about The Meaning of Life, i would firstly like to say a big thank you to the good people at my mental institute for letting me use their PC, and also a big thank you to all the people at SR for recommending me there.

I usually have a lot a free time on my hands (Explains things don't it?) and most of the time it is thinking about stuff, anything usually but most of all lately the meaning of life, it has come to me that the meaning of life is:

"Conflictions" (Ok keep reading so you can understand it) Basicaly the whole world runs on Conflictions it is what makes us tick, what makes the world go round, what life is all about, lets take an example:

A game (Computer and not) - If there was no way to lose there would be no point in trying, it is the Confliction that keeps you playing, not knowing which way the dice will role, not knowing if you will be wiped out on the final boss of FFVIII, if there was no way of losing there would be no point playing.

A 'Soap' - What keeps you watching is the Conflictions that happen, you WANT to see the fight when someone finds out their best friend is sleeping with his wife, or the Confliction of a big argument.

This is what we humans need to live without it we would not be able to survive, this rule also applies to the animal kingdom, without the Confliction of animals fighting for food, most of the animals would die of starvation or the Confliction of trying to find a mate otherwise thier species would die out.

Us as humans are a little more developed in our lust for Conflictions we need what i call a 'Focus Point' someone or something that is the attention of all the Confliction at the time and place (The words 'The Game' come to mind) of course with all rules there are exceptions, lets take an exception of both a Focused Confliction and a None Focused Confliction:

Focused:

Two words The Game, when he was on all of you attacked him directly, he was the Focus Point of all you rage and Conflictions that need to be taken out on someone, he was just a tool to rid you of your anger (For the time)

Un-Focused:

In our school, beating, bullyings, and general violence are a daily happening, a few days ago most of the people in our school were involved in a large scale fight at multiple people (Sadly i was involved :( ) this was 'Focused' but not entirly so, each person was focused on an individual person and not everyone against 1 or 2 people.

This brings me to my next point, something that is not usually talked about, religon, i am not sure but i think that Jesus Christ was another being, for he did not have any Conflictions (from him to someone else) but i am sure that he was something special, either another being (explaned later) or his brain was formed different from another humans irradicating (or almost) the need for Conflictions, i am going to leave it at that with the religon side of things as i do not want to provoke (too much) any Conflictions.

Attention i was going to say a little on the matter of sex< (Maturly) but i have otherwise decided not to as it could provoke too much.

So now i draw to an end :)

I would like to end this by asking you a question, or rather a riddle as it can not be answered by a human or using a human language, it can only be answered by emotion, but anyway:

Just for a moment suppose there is a higher intelligence, and in thier society there is no Conflictions, what would it be like?

Thanks for reading Va!

My longest post ever, hope it wins...
Fri 19/01/01 at 18:53
Regular
IRANU?

Iranu indeed you have one tonights star prize!

You have won the latest "Eye spoons"

Next time you go to a nudist colony, wear them and when your eyes pop out of your sockets the spoons will catch them!

(Quote from Shoting Stars)
Fri 19/01/01 at 18:54
Vai, this is a gaming sight and we don't really want to hear your life story!
Fri 19/01/01 at 18:56
How do u know he has won the star prize?
Fri 19/01/01 at 19:04
Damn ok the last bit is comin in a bit (realtes to games)
Fri 19/01/01 at 19:08
In an atempt to please the unpleaseing i am now making this relevant to gaming:

If life is all about conflictions do you not think that cheating would be denying what we need/lust for conflictions, and so removing the conflictions ruins the game and you have wasted money that could have been spent on a game that has no cheats and has some good conflictions in it.
Fri 19/01/01 at 19:36
pop, come on this deserves some respect?
Fri 19/01/01 at 19:53
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Vai said

Without the Confliction of animals fighting for food, most of the animals would die of starvation or the Confliction of trying to find a mate otherwise thier species would die out.

This is true in a way. The modern day equivalent of fighting for food is really STRESS. You need it to live. You get it from work, family, life in general or even playing games. Competitiveness and pride are involved.

There's a problem. Because life itself is now stressful and people's expectations are higher many people actively seek less stress AND expect everything to be provided for them.

Those suffering from this lack of reality could learn something from being placed into a position where they must fend for themselves.

e.g. dropped in a field on their own for a few days with no possessions or access to any amenities. It would soon dawn on them how incapable we all are of even basic survival, such as building a shelter or hunting for food.

No food, no phone, no matches, no knife, no nothing. Think about it.
Fri 19/01/01 at 20:45
tony wrote:
There's a problem.
> Because life itself is now stressful and people's expectations are
> higher many people actively seek less stress AND expect everything
> to be provided for them.

*cough i agreement*

Those suffering from this lack of
> reality could learn something from being placed into a position
> where they must fend for themselves.

uhhh ohhhh

>No food, no phone, no matches, no knife, no nothing.

not even fags? not even one phone call, not even a knife to kill i mean *loud cough* no nothing not even a PS2?

Think
> about it.

By now you should have realised that i never think about anything :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.