GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Clingfilm - It's not for blokes!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 12:03
Regular
I reckon that clingfilm is actually devil spawn. It is impossible to tear off some clingfilm without one of the following happening:

1. Practically cutting your finger off on the stupid little serrated edge cutter thing.

2. The clingfilm getting all tangled up so you can't do sod all with it anyway.

3. It getting torn, so that when you unroll the clingfilm, it rips and the width of the clingfilm gets thinner and thinner because the rest of it still wrappred around the tube. You then have to spend half an hour with a bread knife sorting it out.

4. Running out. Why is it so difficult to tell how much is left on the roll? So when you DO finally manage to tear some off, it's not enough as the bloody roll runs out!

5. Your girlfriend wanders in and says "I can't belive you have trouble with this." And rips off a piece perfectly, which is just the right size and everything.

You may be asking yourself why I have become so intimate with clingfilm recently, and it is because I began to clingfilm my mates car up when his window was smashed, and he had to drive back from Leicester to Essex.

But then the car window bloke turned up, so I'm left with two rolls of something I hate.

Nice.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:41
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Incahol?
>
> Is that like some ancient Mayan methanol substitute?

Sorry, its a saying I heard ages ago.

Under the 'affluence of incahol' IS 'under the influence of alcohol'.
It just comes out like the former rather than the latter, when you try and say it drunk.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:32
"Darkness, always"
Incahol?

Is that like some ancient Mayan methanol substitute?
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Just remember not to wrap fatty foods with cling film, it will make you very sick.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Being under the affluence of Incahol is often as good a reason as you need.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:25
"Darkness, always"
Why would you do that?
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:25
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Hooplah wrote:
> Not too sure if you can use a condom for keeping your sandwiches fresh
> though....

If you boil it first though, it is possible to get it over a telephone box.

Tried and tested.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:23
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
I have to admit, I was expecting this topic so be about something quite different. While at senior school, during 'those' lessons - and I'm sure you know what ones I mean, they made a big thing about what clingfilm should not be used as a substitute for.

Not too sure if you can use a condom for keeping your sandwiches fresh though....
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:22
Regular
Rosalind wrote:
"you can't use cling film in the mic either, unless you buy microwavable cling film."

I think I'm rather lucky I managed to buy microwavable cling film then, I thought all cling film works.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> You can't use that in the microwave though.

Same with eggs.

Very messy.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:18
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
you can't use cling film in the mic either, unless you buy microwavable cling film.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.