GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360 - Play the waiting game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/08/05 at 11:46
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I will buy the xbox 360, when I do this, I am not sure. When browsing in GAME, I noticed the release titles were posted by the xbox section. The only game I saw as worth getting was Project Gotham Racing 3. There were a few other games ,I can't remember the names, that may be worth looking at. The point is, what reasons are there to buy the 360 on launch? Why not wait a few months until the price drops to below £200 and some more games come out, Halo 3 (No idea when that is released), Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Pro Evo 5. Or is it on the xbox?

Discuss.
Sun 14/08/05 at 11:46
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I will buy the xbox 360, when I do this, I am not sure. When browsing in GAME, I noticed the release titles were posted by the xbox section. The only game I saw as worth getting was Project Gotham Racing 3. There were a few other games ,I can't remember the names, that may be worth looking at. The point is, what reasons are there to buy the 360 on launch? Why not wait a few months until the price drops to below £200 and some more games come out, Halo 3 (No idea when that is released), Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Pro Evo 5. Or is it on the xbox?

Discuss.
Sun 14/08/05 at 12:12
Regular
"\\"
There's only about 1 game I want on release... But I don't think i'll be able to stop my self from buying one.

:(
Sun 14/08/05 at 12:13
Regular
I'm gonna be waiting till about half way through 2006 before I get one.
Saying that though, there are a few launch games that I wouldn't mind getting.

Project Gotham 3
Call of Duty 2
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo Elements of Power
Sun 14/08/05 at 12:30
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'll be getting one when Elder Scrolls Oblivion comes out, which I suspect will be Spring 2006 on the Xbox 360.
Sun 14/08/05 at 12:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Christmas for me.

Yeyey.
Sun 14/08/05 at 14:10
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'm giving serious thought to getting one for Christmas. I want to play Perfect Dark so badly, probably get Project Gotham as well.
Sun 14/08/05 at 14:43
"Retarded List"
So long as it's under £250, it'll be Christmas for me.

The lure of Perfect Dark Zero and PGR3 is just too much.
Sun 14/08/05 at 15:04
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> Saying that though, there are a few launch games that I wouldn't mind
> getting.
>
> Project Gotham 3
> Call of Duty 2
> Perfect Dark Zero
> Kameo Elements of Power

Agreed. Although i'd probably swap COD II for Tiger 06...

Ghost Recon 3 should be fun, too. Although 2 didn't really cut it for me online.

I'm undecided on Kameo. I think the quality is there but i'm not a big adventure fan... having said that, the Banjo's were excellent - so maybe.

I'll probably get a 360 at launch. I don't need one desperately, but I quite fancy PD0 and PGR3. Tiger 06 is 4-Player online on the XBOX (Yes, in Europe, not just Amewica! - Finally!) so I imagine the same goes for Tiger 360 - Hopefully it'll be cross platform... ??!

Not many of my friends will be getting one, so I can't use the LIVE too much except for HALO 2 and HOPEFULLY Moto GP3 and Rainbox Six: Lockdown.

Plus, I like the soundtracks, the LIVE play. I don't touch my PS2 and play my XBOX the most (4-5 hours a week) so it only makes sense to get a 360.
Sun 14/08/05 at 18:50
Regular
"Mozzy"
Konami announced that Pro Evo 6 will be released for the PS2 and Xbox and NOT the next gen consoles.

This is one reason why you should keep your Xbox for at least another year.

The Xbox 360 wont have enough decent games at launch, there is never a wonderful list of launch titles for consoles.

Of course there are some good games but only a few.
Sun 14/08/05 at 21:56
Regular
I'd be suprised if an October 2006 Xbox release wasn't 360 compatable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.