GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Genres"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/01/01 at 14:35
Regular
Which genres would you like to see be successfull on the next-generation consoles? Which ones would you like to see make a comeback, and which should die their deaths?

I think that 2D is pretty much dead now, so goodbye typical scrolling platformer!

What I would like to see done well is the scrolling beat em-up type game, like Double Dragon, or Golden Axe. The Bouncer was supposed to be like this, but apparently it sucks!

And I'd love to see a few more RPG's on the Gamecube, in the style of the great SNES games, Secret Of Mana, and Chrono Trigger!

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Mon 15/01/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Any game (esp. FPS) where you can only do game saves at the end of the level... (failure at the end of a level forcing you to to the whole thing again!)
Mon 15/01/01 at 17:21
Regular
Simpsons Arcade... :D

Or TMNT.
Mon 15/01/01 at 16:51
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I heard from IGN in December that a chrono trigger port will probably be released on PS1 in year 2001 (but only in North America, if at all). It'll be the same game but with FMV and a budget price.
With reference to the topic, I too think that the scrolling beat em up genre has much to offer. Streetfighter-esque moves with good storyline and variety of intelligent enemies, interactive backgrounds and decent bosses has not been achieved yet in my opinion.
Mon 15/01/01 at 16:33
Regular
Old RPG's. Certainly.

...Humm... Why are there no really decent space flight sims coming out?

(Star Wars you mean.)

No... Freespace, all that.

(Freespace 3 is coming... but not for a long time.)

I need space sims.
Mon 15/01/01 at 15:03
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Overhed-view racing games. Micro Machines...Super Skidmarks..that sort of thing. I couldn't care less about racing games, but I would like to see more futuristic sports sims...something imaginative like speedball was. There are way too many footy games for one thing. And they're ALL lame.
Mon 15/01/01 at 14:35
Regular
"not dead"
Which genres would you like to see be successfull on the next-generation consoles? Which ones would you like to see make a comeback, and which should die their deaths?

I think that 2D is pretty much dead now, so goodbye typical scrolling platformer!

What I would like to see done well is the scrolling beat em-up type game, like Double Dragon, or Golden Axe. The Bouncer was supposed to be like this, but apparently it sucks!

And I'd love to see a few more RPG's on the Gamecube, in the style of the great SNES games, Secret Of Mana, and Chrono Trigger!

meka_dragon PQMS8/00

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.