GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-ZERO GX save games..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Mon 15/08/05 at 19:01
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
So... After my memory card died hideously, I got a brand spanking new 64MB beast... But I had only just bought a copy of F-Zero when the old card died, so I saved my game on another old card that's only 4MB or whatever the smallest capacity is for GC cards...

I really wanted to transfer all files I want to keep to the 64MB one, and maybe keep a backup of any games I really don't want to lose on my spare 4MB one... But I can't seem to copy my F-Zero file for some reason... The memory card manager has the 'copy' option greyed out, same thing for the 'move' option, and I have no idea why... I have no F-Zero saves on the other card, and it's got plenty of space (more free space than the other card has capacity!) so I have no idea why I can't copy it...

Anyone else know if this is just something to do with F-Zero in general, and anyone know any workarounds...?

Chars...
Mon 15/08/05 at 19:01
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
So... After my memory card died hideously, I got a brand spanking new 64MB beast... But I had only just bought a copy of F-Zero when the old card died, so I saved my game on another old card that's only 4MB or whatever the smallest capacity is for GC cards...

I really wanted to transfer all files I want to keep to the 64MB one, and maybe keep a backup of any games I really don't want to lose on my spare 4MB one... But I can't seem to copy my F-Zero file for some reason... The memory card manager has the 'copy' option greyed out, same thing for the 'move' option, and I have no idea why... I have no F-Zero saves on the other card, and it's got plenty of space (more free space than the other card has capacity!) so I have no idea why I can't copy it...

Anyone else know if this is just something to do with F-Zero in general, and anyone know any workarounds...?

Chars...
Mon 15/08/05 at 19:04
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Can you 'Move' it, instead of 'Copying' it?

Think Soul Calibur does that to. Maybe it's because they don't want one person playing and unlocking all the stuff, and then giving it to a mate... Which is REALLY lame because people should have a right to decide what the hell they want to do with their own stuff for their own enjoyment. Stupid, lame, computer game developers!

:)
Mon 15/08/05 at 19:09
Regular
I remember a few others that would let you move but not copy. The SA2B Chaos were one example. Although the important function for those files was erase.

I suggest opening up your memory card, cut out the area inside that you think corresponds to your save, then superglue it inside the other memory card.

Problem solved.

I swear my blue gamecube works.
Mon 15/08/05 at 22:22
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Nah, canna even move the file... Only option available is erase. Bah.
Tue 16/08/05 at 01:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Is the 64mb one an unofficial card?

If so, tough luck, because I can remember my F-Zero GX not being saveable on anything other than my official Nintendo one.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:41
Regular
Yeah, F-Zero GX is eevil. It formatted my 3rd party memory card.
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's a big, bitter FU from Sega to Nintendo fans, intended to mess up and delete all your saves. But yeah, it only saves on official cards.
Tue 16/08/05 at 19:33
Regular
Lol, and people complain about Microsoft's planned 3rd party lock-out.

I imported one of those massive official ones. It's white.
I haven't used it yet though, as I've not started any new games since filling the last one.

I'll probably break out BG+E soon.
Tue 16/08/05 at 22:40
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
eh? My F-Zero GX is saved fine on a 3rd Party 4MB card... although it won't let me Move or Copy the file to the 64MB one... But it is saved on a non-official card.

Although I think it was after putting an F-Zero save on my other 4MB card that it wiped... :S
But there were problems with that card anyway... Kept saying my RE4 game wasn't there, so I had to keep taking the card out, putting it back in, etc. until it finally decided it had been there all along... And it had wiped my Super Monkey Ball game ages ago... Bah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.