GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The life of Tea"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 23:33
Regular
Tea. It’s strangely deeper than it first lets people believe. As we grow aware of the drink, we realise that it can be very versatile and at the same time can seem very shallow. It is this very contradiction that makes people strive for a better cup.

Tea takes many forms, but in the end it’s still tea. The most common type is the ‘builders tea’, that modern marvel of tea in a bag which provides a standard, easy (if slightly less interesting) cup which can be enjoyed by the average drinker. Tea bags are the standard by which tea is set, though not being the pinnacle, they are more often somewhere in the middle of the tea tree. Those who prefer the uncomplicated cup settle for the common teabag, square, round or pyramid. This is easy to make and provides refreshment, but can seem a little boring if other types are tried.

The the standard tea drinker there is a wide choice of options. We find that keeping the bag in longer increases the flavour, and pressurising this bag against the cup can create an equally strong effect, yet the flavour differs slightly from brewing and pressing. Some prefer a weaker mix, but still gain satisfaction from their tea. The amount of milk or sugar added to a standard tea will tell a lot about what a drinker wishes to get out of their drink. They can sweeten their experience with these easy methods, though some abstain from what they see as an artificial experience and simply savour the tea as it was originally meant to be.

Those slightly more flashy drinkers will aim for the top of the tea ladder and choose the old but risky method of leaves. The tea leaf drinkers are faced with a more packed flavour for their endeavours, but run the risk of finding leaves at the bottom of their drink. Most take this as a small disadvantage to their high standards of tea drinking and some even make use of the leaves to tell the future. There are those, of course, who may wish to partake in this method so that they can experience the flavour nearer to the source, as the leaf meant it to be. They may not care for the tea hierarchy of leaves above bags, but wish for an experience which gets them nearer to their roots or to the earth.

At the other end of the scale we have the drink fast and be done tea drinkers. Often scowled at by the tea leaf drinkers and even some bag enthusiasts, the instant tea drinkers strive for speed over flavour, but seem to feel a rush of the original in their habit. Their need for instant satisfaction is often to the detriment of the result, though if they take one step back and slow down a little in later life they often become bag pressers, getting that fuller result for slightly more mundane efforts.

So, tea can be experienced in many ways and only the brave drinker who takes a sideways step into the world of the tea leaf can say that they’ve experienced it all. Some may pass on their experiences, teaching others in the way of the leaf, while for others it may be more of a personal venture. Just remember that when you savour your tea, take time to explore your choices.
Fri 07/03/03 at 18:39
Regular
"Laughingstock"
The philosophy of a tea drinking sage.

*gazes into the distance and ponders.....*
Thu 06/03/03 at 23:04
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
pb wrote:
>
> So I take it you didn't get the analogy.

analogy for what precisely? Games and gamers? Drugs? Booze? Cheese? Went right over my head too. But tea is the daddy. Crazy bloody yanks all put ice and lemon and no milk in it. Madness, i tells ya. I've had to import me own teabags to be able to make a proper brew.
Thu 06/03/03 at 19:18
I love tea, i drink about 7 cups a day, and im only 15...
i think that i am addicted to caffine, i love coke, DR pepper, tea , Coffee...
I love anyt hing with cafine in it...
Thu 06/03/03 at 17:47
"possibly impossible"
Or†ega wrote:
> Indeed.
>
> Personally, I dont touch the stuff. Dont need it. I think it tastes it
> like crap and is pretty much pointless.

So I take it you didn't get the analogy.
Thu 06/03/03 at 00:45
Regular
Indeed.

Personally, I dont touch the stuff. Dont need it. I think it tastes it like crap and is pretty much pointless.
Wed 05/03/03 at 23:33
"possibly impossible"
Tea. It’s strangely deeper than it first lets people believe. As we grow aware of the drink, we realise that it can be very versatile and at the same time can seem very shallow. It is this very contradiction that makes people strive for a better cup.

Tea takes many forms, but in the end it’s still tea. The most common type is the ‘builders tea’, that modern marvel of tea in a bag which provides a standard, easy (if slightly less interesting) cup which can be enjoyed by the average drinker. Tea bags are the standard by which tea is set, though not being the pinnacle, they are more often somewhere in the middle of the tea tree. Those who prefer the uncomplicated cup settle for the common teabag, square, round or pyramid. This is easy to make and provides refreshment, but can seem a little boring if other types are tried.

The the standard tea drinker there is a wide choice of options. We find that keeping the bag in longer increases the flavour, and pressurising this bag against the cup can create an equally strong effect, yet the flavour differs slightly from brewing and pressing. Some prefer a weaker mix, but still gain satisfaction from their tea. The amount of milk or sugar added to a standard tea will tell a lot about what a drinker wishes to get out of their drink. They can sweeten their experience with these easy methods, though some abstain from what they see as an artificial experience and simply savour the tea as it was originally meant to be.

Those slightly more flashy drinkers will aim for the top of the tea ladder and choose the old but risky method of leaves. The tea leaf drinkers are faced with a more packed flavour for their endeavours, but run the risk of finding leaves at the bottom of their drink. Most take this as a small disadvantage to their high standards of tea drinking and some even make use of the leaves to tell the future. There are those, of course, who may wish to partake in this method so that they can experience the flavour nearer to the source, as the leaf meant it to be. They may not care for the tea hierarchy of leaves above bags, but wish for an experience which gets them nearer to their roots or to the earth.

At the other end of the scale we have the drink fast and be done tea drinkers. Often scowled at by the tea leaf drinkers and even some bag enthusiasts, the instant tea drinkers strive for speed over flavour, but seem to feel a rush of the original in their habit. Their need for instant satisfaction is often to the detriment of the result, though if they take one step back and slow down a little in later life they often become bag pressers, getting that fuller result for slightly more mundane efforts.

So, tea can be experienced in many ways and only the brave drinker who takes a sideways step into the world of the tea leaf can say that they’ve experienced it all. Some may pass on their experiences, teaching others in the way of the leaf, while for others it may be more of a personal venture. Just remember that when you savour your tea, take time to explore your choices.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.