GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oooh! Anti War!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 20:53
Regular
I get the feeling that some people are anti-war as a fashion statement, rather than actually having bothered to look into the situation.

Still, it's easy to say what you like about a situation when you have no responsibility for it.

Not saying war is right, or wrong, just that, well monkey say, monkey do, and there's an awful lot of crazy monkeys out there.
Thu 06/03/03 at 09:20
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Saying you're Anti-War is a bit silly to, that's suggesting that others are Pro-War - nobody wants war, believe it or not.

"I'm pro War, I love it"

*marches*
Thu 06/03/03 at 08:47
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Maybe some people are anti war as a pose rather than a belief. But a hell of a lot of people do believe in it. And how can you decide which category of anti war supporter someone is?
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
It has a lot of people scared, whether they are scared because of things that are real or imagined doesn't matter, to repeat Terry Pratchett;

"You can't expect much of people when they're scared"

If the media stopped making up stories as it went along, and shock horror, reported real facts with less bias, then there would be less confusion, fear, and overall indecision about the whole situation.

At the end of the day the pro and anti war supporters both want the same thing, it's just how to get to that point is the problem.
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:48
Regular
"Laughingstock"
In a more Heroic Age, W Bush and Blair would be considered as great leaders. But I have no fixed opinions on the looming war, I only find it all deeply depresing that humankind hasn't gone beyond such pettiness.
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I agree

I was about to post something about it

Especially people in my school who set up a petition... braindead idiots who if you discuss the matter no nothing.

I never signed the petition
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:22
"...Unicef pennies.."
There are people on both sides of the arguement that have vastly uniformed opinions on the looming war in Iraq.

Plenty of anti-war peeps know what they are on about, but it angers me when you see people marching on london saying that war is a no-no because millions of people will die. They seem to base their opinions on images from Apocalypse Now and Platoon, of B52s carpet bombing anything that moves and burning the entire country to the ground. If they knew anything they'd realise that western munitions have progressed since then. Granted the west will blow up the odd friendly embassy by accident, and that's pretty poor, but they won't kill everything with a pulse.
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:12
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'm still unclear on a lot of points on this subject, but yes, it does seem like a lot of people are voicing their Anti-War opinions just to go with the flow.

My situation is this: I'm against the war (although I'm reluctant to call it a 'war') but I don't have the solution, because there's no right answer in how to deal with this situation - there seems only to be a wrong answer, which is the one we're going for.
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:08
Regular
"Festivus!"
I am not bothered about the war, as long a sit affects me in no way, shape or form, other than taking hold of television.
Wed 05/03/03 at 20:55
I for war, should have happened a long time ago.
Wed 05/03/03 at 20:53
Regular
"not dead"
I get the feeling that some people are anti-war as a fashion statement, rather than actually having bothered to look into the situation.

Still, it's easy to say what you like about a situation when you have no responsibility for it.

Not saying war is right, or wrong, just that, well monkey say, monkey do, and there's an awful lot of crazy monkeys out there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.