GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Lord of the Rings"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 18:57
Regular
I've never really expressed how I feel about The Lord of the Rings before - so I thought I would make this post.
Never have I been so angry coming out of a cinema before. Why? I didn't know that I had to wait a year to find out what happens next! The Lord of the Rings are two of the best films I have ever seen and the third will be even better. After leabing the cinema I made a big decision: I read the books. And these books are the best books I've ever read. They have everything - Action, suspense, horror, and even romance. The Lord of the Rings covers every topic.
JRR Tolkin spent half of his life working on The Lord of the Rings and it shows. The newspapers stated "The English speaking world is divided into two groups - those who have read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and those who are goind to" And I think I agree
The films are great too. The best film I have ever seen is The Two Towers, and secon is The Fellowship of the Ring. The Return of the Ring will be the best though.
There's one thing that people think they understand but actually they don't. And I thought I did aswell until I heard a song called "Gollum's Song" And then I understood. The thing people don't understand is Gollum. Frodo and Bilbo feel pity for him and so dose Gandalf. But why should we feel pity for this misrable monster? Because he has never been loved. Think about it - Gollum was kicked out of his village and named Gollum. He was left to die in the wilderness. But it wasn't his fault, it was the fault of The Ring. And Gollum himself, because who we really feel pity for is Smeagol. People kicked at him, spat at him and never felt anything for him. Gollum made Smeagol kill his cousin, it wasn't his fault. And then he was forced to run from the sun in the Misty Mountans for five hundrad years. Nobody was there for him. Can you imagine being alone in a dark cave for five hundrad years? That's why Gollum is the way he is.
Let's talk about The Ring itself now. The Ring makes you want it and to use it, but if you do then it will bend whatever you do to do evil. And everyone wants this Ring. But no matter what, if you use it then Sauron get's it. If Sauron gets it, Middle-Earth is his and he cannot be overrun. So what would you do if you had The Ring in your hand facing Mount Doom? Would you destroy it. We're lucky that The Ring is in the hands of a Hobbit - Hobbits show resistance against The Ring. But they still feel the same way.
That's part of the reason why the journy into Mordor is hopeless. Also, imagine going into Mordor. Orcs everywhere and The Eye of Sauron watching. How on earth can you get The Ring into Mount Doom with that?
The story opens bright and cheery to show things are going to get dark...very dark. Starting so bright and cheery and then going into dark has a great effect.
And so this is only part of the reason why I think The Lord of the Rings is the greatest thing to exist. Only part of it becuase when your faced with something so great words can't even describe it.
Wed 05/03/03 at 18:57
Regular
"Chris Morris"
I've never really expressed how I feel about The Lord of the Rings before - so I thought I would make this post.
Never have I been so angry coming out of a cinema before. Why? I didn't know that I had to wait a year to find out what happens next! The Lord of the Rings are two of the best films I have ever seen and the third will be even better. After leabing the cinema I made a big decision: I read the books. And these books are the best books I've ever read. They have everything - Action, suspense, horror, and even romance. The Lord of the Rings covers every topic.
JRR Tolkin spent half of his life working on The Lord of the Rings and it shows. The newspapers stated "The English speaking world is divided into two groups - those who have read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and those who are goind to" And I think I agree
The films are great too. The best film I have ever seen is The Two Towers, and secon is The Fellowship of the Ring. The Return of the Ring will be the best though.
There's one thing that people think they understand but actually they don't. And I thought I did aswell until I heard a song called "Gollum's Song" And then I understood. The thing people don't understand is Gollum. Frodo and Bilbo feel pity for him and so dose Gandalf. But why should we feel pity for this misrable monster? Because he has never been loved. Think about it - Gollum was kicked out of his village and named Gollum. He was left to die in the wilderness. But it wasn't his fault, it was the fault of The Ring. And Gollum himself, because who we really feel pity for is Smeagol. People kicked at him, spat at him and never felt anything for him. Gollum made Smeagol kill his cousin, it wasn't his fault. And then he was forced to run from the sun in the Misty Mountans for five hundrad years. Nobody was there for him. Can you imagine being alone in a dark cave for five hundrad years? That's why Gollum is the way he is.
Let's talk about The Ring itself now. The Ring makes you want it and to use it, but if you do then it will bend whatever you do to do evil. And everyone wants this Ring. But no matter what, if you use it then Sauron get's it. If Sauron gets it, Middle-Earth is his and he cannot be overrun. So what would you do if you had The Ring in your hand facing Mount Doom? Would you destroy it. We're lucky that The Ring is in the hands of a Hobbit - Hobbits show resistance against The Ring. But they still feel the same way.
That's part of the reason why the journy into Mordor is hopeless. Also, imagine going into Mordor. Orcs everywhere and The Eye of Sauron watching. How on earth can you get The Ring into Mount Doom with that?
The story opens bright and cheery to show things are going to get dark...very dark. Starting so bright and cheery and then going into dark has a great effect.
And so this is only part of the reason why I think The Lord of the Rings is the greatest thing to exist. Only part of it becuase when your faced with something so great words can't even describe it.
Thu 06/03/03 at 16:59
Regular
Return of the Ring?? Romance in the books?

I haven't read Return of the KING yet but where in Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers is there romance?

Oh and film wise...Fellowship is WAY better than Two Towers. Two Towers is a jumbled mess! Dont' get me wrong, it is good, just y'know.
Fri 07/03/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Pegasus wrote:

> I haven't read Return of the KING yet but where in Fellowship of the
> Ring and The Two Towers is there romance?

There is in the Third one and in the appendices.
Fri 07/03/03 at 19:55
"Tagline"
There is actually romance in all of them, except the hobbit. Aragorn and Arwen and Faramir and Eowyn. If you have read he hobbit, and I've read all of them, you may wonder why Gandaly doesnt just get the army of Eagles back again so Frodo can just fly into Mordor and drop the ring in. And why don't treebeard and his crew do more than destroy Isenguard? They could take on Mordor too. Kill a couple of thusand orcs, then go home!
Fri 07/03/03 at 20:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
<=îl?é® BüLLé† wrote:
> There is actually romance in all of them, except the hobbit. Aragorn
> and Arwen and Faramir and Eowyn. If you have read he hobbit, and I've
> read all of them, you may wonder why Gandaly doesnt just get the army
> of Eagles back again so Frodo can just fly into Mordor and drop the
> ring in. And why don't treebeard and his crew do more than destroy
> Isenguard? They could take on Mordor too. Kill a couple of thusand
> orcs, then go home!

A) Its not the Eagles problem, and Gandalf thought it would be taking advantage of them.

B) Treebeard and the other Ents only destroyed Isengard because Saruman had destoyed their friends, Sauron had done them no harm, and thus was not their problem.
Sat 08/03/03 at 18:30
"Tagline"
Well the eagles are wusses then! And as for the Ents, it's not as if Sauron had been completely supportive of them,and look at Mordor, it must have been once, and now look!
Sat 08/03/03 at 20:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
<=îl?é® BüLLé† wrote:
> Well the eagles are wusses then! And as for the Ents, it's not as if
> Sauron had been completely supportive of them,and look at Mordor, it
> must have been once, and now look!

No, but the Ents have been alive for many years, longer than men themselves. As such they do not concern themselves with the doings of men, and who can blame them, why should a peaceful people trouble themselves with the squabbles of lesser beings?
Sat 08/03/03 at 22:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thats why the series rules.

Like the Battle Of Un-Numbered Tears, or Nirnaeth Arnoediad. The largest ever attempt at destroying Morgoths power. But it fails. Because men are men, elves are eleves, dwarves are dwarves, and Morgoth was the first god.

The heroics involved are not of the usual 'save the world' type. They are small, and Frodos case is exceptional, but even he pays the price. The world is tinged with tragedy. But what true world isn't?
Sun 09/03/03 at 12:19
Regular
do you know what happens in the third movie then and what do you think of the music thats on it
Sun 09/03/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Chris Morris"
the saiyan wrote:
> do you know what happens in the third movie then and what do you think
> of the music thats on it

Although I wouldn't go out and buy it, I like the sound track when I'm watching the movie. And although someone else might I'm not gonna spoil The Return of The KING (See I can say it!) for you, All I have to say is the film will be the greatest EVER! And I'm not just saying that, It'll probably win LOADS of Oscars.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.