GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do The Right Thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 05:11
Regular
Many people could sense when something will turn out wrong before it occurs. Why didn’t I rely on my senses? How could I be so brain washed? Why couldn’t I give up earlier? There is no use complaining now though. It happened and I can’t go back and change it. None of it!

I remember walking into my high school reunion yesterday. Everyone looked so much different than what I was once accustomed to. Lenore was taller, Sam was smarter, and Carlos didn’t have such a stern face, old memories just seemed to fade away, replaced by the awe of the glorious renewal of friendship. After what felt like an hour my old buddy, Greg, from English class began talking to me. “Billy! You have changed so much” he yelled over to me. Strikingly he hadn’t changed at all, but yet I still gave him my old charm. He almost instantly begins talking about his life and how it’s been horrible. He said it could change. He said everything was going to get better. “Bill, lets talk later on the phone. I reckon you still have the same number, huh?” he proclaimed with a smirk. By this time I was exhausted. That was enough glimmering smiles and witty attitudes for one night.

As I walked through my front door I heard the phone ring. It was a bit late for a call of any kind. Confused I answered just to hear Greg with a startlingly booming tone. “Bill! You’re going to help me tomorrow! I need to make money Bill! You were always my friend I know you’ll agree. I’m probably all you have Bill. You live alone and have a low paying job. You need me Bill! You need me”. I could hear the sound of his wife crying in the background along with a vase smashing against a wall in an obvious attempt to hurt someone else. He had gone delusional. He continued going on about how worthless I was and how he was going to change all that. He said that the bank tomorrow morning would be completely scattered with poor security. He said that he would help. He yelled at me. He did anything but help. I hung up after he had told me some plans. Why had he told me this, I thought. Why me? As much as I wanted to dismiss his rambling it stayed with me. It ate away at me. Caused me to pace around. My heart beat wildly and I felt like I couldn’t breath. I tore up my apartment, destroyed anything that I passed by. Why was this getting to me so much? Why me?

I passed out on the floor that night. I woke up to the sound of house cleaning knocking at my door. Surprised I looked around the room and thought nothing was left for me except Greg. I’m such a fool. My anger and frustration were overwhelmed by my nerves. I felt better but I still didn’t feel right. I scampered out my back window and walked over to the bank with huge bags under my eyes. Greg stood there near his car with bruises on his face. His wife surely must of done a number on him. He just stared at me with no emotion in his eye. He had changed. He wasn’t the same man that he was before. His old passion and spunk were eroded down by his money hungry habits. Without speaking a word he handed me a small silver pistol. Greg walked forward anxiously. My hesitance kept me back for a few seconds then I followed him inside the small bank. “If any of you move, you wont live to see tomorrow!” he announced while he held up his gun. Slowly I lifted the pistol to a shooting stance. I shook too much to hold it up steady. I twitched and I trembled yet I didn’t move. I was a statue there. Holding the gun up, looking ahead, not even concentrating on what exactly I was doing. Security guards rush to Greg’s side and Greg retaliates and unleashed one single bullet into one of their chests. I froze. The sound of the bullet leaving the barrel of the gun, the screech of pain the man gave off when he fell to his knees, it all was too much for me. I let go of the gun. I dropped it from my grasp and the crash it gave off when it hit the floor soothed me. Another security guard shoots Greg right afterward making him collapse automatically. Medics come to the scene, they place handcuffs on me and lead me away. What a great time to regain sense of mind.

My life wasn’t glamorous. I had no partner and money was always my main priority, but I loved it. My life was great in it’s own way and I was too blinded by what Greg said to realize that. Violence and crime never pays off. There is always in honest and better way of doing things. Even if we did manage to pull of the heist, I just would of led myself deeper into my hole. At least I learned something from today. It’s just sad to see what my consequences are now. Why couldn’t I be more aware of how I didn’t need change in my life? Why did I have to do such a thing and get myself out of my own comfort zone. Why me? Why me?

END...

Drunk
Wed 05/03/03 at 18:01
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Hurhurhur, thanks you two. But I like my spoofs:'(
Wed 05/03/03 at 17:11
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
That was good.

At least you are writing a proper story rather than those annoying spoofs.

Nice one dude.
Wed 05/03/03 at 08:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
When's the trial? ;)
I've been led into trouble a few times by the persistence of certain pleading individuals. It all ended the day I learned to say "no". It's easy really. No. I never knew that just a little word could be so powerful.
Wed 05/03/03 at 05:11
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Many people could sense when something will turn out wrong before it occurs. Why didn’t I rely on my senses? How could I be so brain washed? Why couldn’t I give up earlier? There is no use complaining now though. It happened and I can’t go back and change it. None of it!

I remember walking into my high school reunion yesterday. Everyone looked so much different than what I was once accustomed to. Lenore was taller, Sam was smarter, and Carlos didn’t have such a stern face, old memories just seemed to fade away, replaced by the awe of the glorious renewal of friendship. After what felt like an hour my old buddy, Greg, from English class began talking to me. “Billy! You have changed so much” he yelled over to me. Strikingly he hadn’t changed at all, but yet I still gave him my old charm. He almost instantly begins talking about his life and how it’s been horrible. He said it could change. He said everything was going to get better. “Bill, lets talk later on the phone. I reckon you still have the same number, huh?” he proclaimed with a smirk. By this time I was exhausted. That was enough glimmering smiles and witty attitudes for one night.

As I walked through my front door I heard the phone ring. It was a bit late for a call of any kind. Confused I answered just to hear Greg with a startlingly booming tone. “Bill! You’re going to help me tomorrow! I need to make money Bill! You were always my friend I know you’ll agree. I’m probably all you have Bill. You live alone and have a low paying job. You need me Bill! You need me”. I could hear the sound of his wife crying in the background along with a vase smashing against a wall in an obvious attempt to hurt someone else. He had gone delusional. He continued going on about how worthless I was and how he was going to change all that. He said that the bank tomorrow morning would be completely scattered with poor security. He said that he would help. He yelled at me. He did anything but help. I hung up after he had told me some plans. Why had he told me this, I thought. Why me? As much as I wanted to dismiss his rambling it stayed with me. It ate away at me. Caused me to pace around. My heart beat wildly and I felt like I couldn’t breath. I tore up my apartment, destroyed anything that I passed by. Why was this getting to me so much? Why me?

I passed out on the floor that night. I woke up to the sound of house cleaning knocking at my door. Surprised I looked around the room and thought nothing was left for me except Greg. I’m such a fool. My anger and frustration were overwhelmed by my nerves. I felt better but I still didn’t feel right. I scampered out my back window and walked over to the bank with huge bags under my eyes. Greg stood there near his car with bruises on his face. His wife surely must of done a number on him. He just stared at me with no emotion in his eye. He had changed. He wasn’t the same man that he was before. His old passion and spunk were eroded down by his money hungry habits. Without speaking a word he handed me a small silver pistol. Greg walked forward anxiously. My hesitance kept me back for a few seconds then I followed him inside the small bank. “If any of you move, you wont live to see tomorrow!” he announced while he held up his gun. Slowly I lifted the pistol to a shooting stance. I shook too much to hold it up steady. I twitched and I trembled yet I didn’t move. I was a statue there. Holding the gun up, looking ahead, not even concentrating on what exactly I was doing. Security guards rush to Greg’s side and Greg retaliates and unleashed one single bullet into one of their chests. I froze. The sound of the bullet leaving the barrel of the gun, the screech of pain the man gave off when he fell to his knees, it all was too much for me. I let go of the gun. I dropped it from my grasp and the crash it gave off when it hit the floor soothed me. Another security guard shoots Greg right afterward making him collapse automatically. Medics come to the scene, they place handcuffs on me and lead me away. What a great time to regain sense of mind.

My life wasn’t glamorous. I had no partner and money was always my main priority, but I loved it. My life was great in it’s own way and I was too blinded by what Greg said to realize that. Violence and crime never pays off. There is always in honest and better way of doing things. Even if we did manage to pull of the heist, I just would of led myself deeper into my hole. At least I learned something from today. It’s just sad to see what my consequences are now. Why couldn’t I be more aware of how I didn’t need change in my life? Why did I have to do such a thing and get myself out of my own comfort zone. Why me? Why me?

END...

Drunk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.