GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Team"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 02:16
Regular
The team isn’t working.
Every day the gaps get wider, we’re losing patience with each other. We’re quick to allocate blame, but squirm from our responsibilities.
Maybe that’s the problem. Not responsibilities, blame.

I remember when it wasn’t like this. Blame wasn’t an issue. The team was built on trust in competence and acceptance of mistakes. And sometimes acceptance that life might just jump up and kick you in the nuts, and there really isn’t anyone to point the finger at.

Nobody to take the fall, nobody to compensate you. It can be a scary prospect, when the team can let you dwon, cause you to lose out. Not only that, but you won’t be able secure against it happening again.
And there’s nowhere to direct your rage.

But what’s scarier? Not having a scapegoat? Or living under the perpetual fear that it’ll be you. Maybe even that everything will be taken from you. Because you made a mistake. Because you got unlucky. Because life just jumped up and kicked you in the nuts.

But the team isn’t working any more. The trust is gone. The acceptance is gone. Instead we chose to tread a high-wire. One mistake, one expression of a regular human screw-up, even one freak twist of fate, and you fall.
But we’re lucky. We have a safety net. Of sorts.
Only when you hit it still hurts. Not as bad as hitting the ground, it won’t kill you, but maybe it hurts enough to teach you not to walk the high-wire.

And we don’t have to walk the high-wire.

I’m choosing another way.
I’m going to bring the trust back.
Maybe you get your fingers burned once in a while, maybe you really can’t risk to trust the team too much. But you can trust it more.
Maybe you get your fingers burned, but maybe that’s okay. Maybe that’s a price you have to pay to be able to live a better way.
And maybe once you cut through the fear and the blame, maybe it’s worth it.
Wed 05/03/03 at 08:59
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Interesting. Thoughtful. I don't really know what to say, but I liked it.
Wed 05/03/03 at 02:16
Regular
The team isn’t working.
Every day the gaps get wider, we’re losing patience with each other. We’re quick to allocate blame, but squirm from our responsibilities.
Maybe that’s the problem. Not responsibilities, blame.

I remember when it wasn’t like this. Blame wasn’t an issue. The team was built on trust in competence and acceptance of mistakes. And sometimes acceptance that life might just jump up and kick you in the nuts, and there really isn’t anyone to point the finger at.

Nobody to take the fall, nobody to compensate you. It can be a scary prospect, when the team can let you dwon, cause you to lose out. Not only that, but you won’t be able secure against it happening again.
And there’s nowhere to direct your rage.

But what’s scarier? Not having a scapegoat? Or living under the perpetual fear that it’ll be you. Maybe even that everything will be taken from you. Because you made a mistake. Because you got unlucky. Because life just jumped up and kicked you in the nuts.

But the team isn’t working any more. The trust is gone. The acceptance is gone. Instead we chose to tread a high-wire. One mistake, one expression of a regular human screw-up, even one freak twist of fate, and you fall.
But we’re lucky. We have a safety net. Of sorts.
Only when you hit it still hurts. Not as bad as hitting the ground, it won’t kill you, but maybe it hurts enough to teach you not to walk the high-wire.

And we don’t have to walk the high-wire.

I’m choosing another way.
I’m going to bring the trust back.
Maybe you get your fingers burned once in a while, maybe you really can’t risk to trust the team too much. But you can trust it more.
Maybe you get your fingers burned, but maybe that’s okay. Maybe that’s a price you have to pay to be able to live a better way.
And maybe once you cut through the fear and the blame, maybe it’s worth it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.