GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why has sony dropped the "Dont Underestimate The Power" Logo"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/01/01 at 19:37
Regular
With all these rumours and news stories doing the rounds at the momment about the Plastation 2 being powerfull enough to launch missiles isn't strange that sony no longer uses their logo "Do Not Under Estimate The Power Of The Playstation" ......I wonder?
Fri 02/01/09 at 11:26
Regular
Ron and Wendy wish you all a happy and healthy new year. We also hope to hear from some of you here on the forum soon. Any news,notice of coming events, family or local history questions, we'd like to hear
Fri 05/12/08 at 10:26
Regular
In fact the Village Green status was confirmed by Essex County Council last week so, although they still own the land, this will prevent any building on the site.
Tue 02/12/08 at 15:53
Regular
According to Colchester Evening Gazette of 17th November Essex county Council were expected to confirm the sports field was at long last to be registered as a 'Village Green' There being no news of this the following days,I met up with Mayor Alan Mogridge at the Art Show last Thursday who said the ECC meeting was, in fact due to take place the next day at 10.30am. I have not as yet heard more but it has been a long battle to reach this stage, the land having been used for sport for decades. I remember playing hockey and shinty there in my days at Mersea School over 60 years ago. I remember gardening in the School gardens and pigs being kept too. I'll try to keep you posted.
Sun 14/01/01 at 17:12
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Saesee wrote :
"...to make sure they don't annoy or pressure anyone into buying their products..."

Shanks Wrote :
Could you imagine Sony ever being annoying, or pressuing people into buying their console?!?! ... :)

I'm not realling into their 'Third Place' ads... although it took a while to releaise where there where going with 'never underestimate the power of the playstation' logo after the first couple of ads...

Third Place is supposed to make you think PS2 and 'never underestimate the power of the playstation' is supposed to related o the PS1
Sun 14/01/01 at 13:36
"High polygon count"
Unlikely, Jimmy, as N64 ws more powerful than PS1.

New machine, new campaign, new slogan - probably all there is to it.
Sun 14/01/01 at 13:25
Maybe its because new more powerful consoles are comming out this year, and so Sony does not want to invite Processing Power Comparisons????
Sun 14/01/01 at 11:45
My theory to why they have ditched the famous 'power of Playstation' slogan is this:

> The new PS2 slogan is 'The Third World'. Not that it's a slogan, because we rarely see it.

*OR*

> Sony have avoided all the predictable novelties like adopting a mascot and creating a slogan to make sure they don't annoy or pressure anyone into buying their products. There's the console, there's the games. Enjoy yourself.

You see, they no longer need things like 'Do not underestimate the power of Playstation.' They don't need a blue hedgehog. They don't need an overweight, Italian-steriotype plumber.

Well that's what I think anyway :)
Sat 13/01/01 at 19:55
We all know what iraq's doing!
Sat 13/01/01 at 19:37
Regular
With all these rumours and news stories doing the rounds at the momment about the Plastation 2 being powerfull enough to launch missiles isn't strange that sony no longer uses their logo "Do Not Under Estimate The Power Of The Playstation" ......I wonder?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.