GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Power"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/01/01 at 18:51
Regular
I am not quite sure what I mean by power but how ever you class it, it seems to be growing and growing and growing!

When I got my computer it was a 'top of the range' 450 Mhz Pentium II, Now it is less than a 1/3 as fast as the top household PC and beginning to be very trying!

Of course big companies with super computers have had all this for years, and prices keep going down and down as new models hit the scene, but what does all this mean. I doubt very much that we will all have super computers in our living rooms/ offices, but I do think that the way computers are going, they will indeed be, as speculated by many, a VERY big part of our future.

Of course there are somethings that can only be done by man, but for everything else, master card steps aside and we now have computers!

I for one believe that computers are ace, I love mine but not like the love for a beautiful woman! (Have you seen the pics on the wwf divas site.......OUCH......)

Anyway, I think that power will grown and grow and become much more complicated and in the not too distant future there will be a break-through in PC power capabilities and we'll see some serious......!!!!

The Game
Sun 14/01/01 at 17:37
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
There no doubt computers will is and will integrating more and more into our daily lives... The fully integrated house is still a LONG way off for the public.

Anybody remeber the Red box whcih when attached to your speccy could control everything from cookers, to water temp to burgelar alarms?

People dont even want more basic appliences like video phones (how many time has that been releunched?) ...

The big break in PC power came a yuear or so ago when the first 8086 based gig chips were released...
Sat 13/01/01 at 20:26
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Computers will become more and more important in our lives, that I'm sure of, but I don't know how long we will continue to see them in this form. I think we'll start getting more and more integration of computers in to other units, rather than have them as stand alone boxes. We're starting to see this with Bluetooth technology, but I think it will progress more, with intelligent household appliances which remind you of what needs to be done, or do it automatically. As far as entertainment is concerned, we could end up with a vision like Sony's - a single product which could play games, recieve digital television, play dvds, music, and has a broadband net connection. This is some way off admittedly, or at least some way off becoming mainstream and affordable, but it will happen at some time in the future. Seems the days of our grey boxes are numbered...
Sat 13/01/01 at 18:51
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I am not quite sure what I mean by power but how ever you class it, it seems to be growing and growing and growing!

When I got my computer it was a 'top of the range' 450 Mhz Pentium II, Now it is less than a 1/3 as fast as the top household PC and beginning to be very trying!

Of course big companies with super computers have had all this for years, and prices keep going down and down as new models hit the scene, but what does all this mean. I doubt very much that we will all have super computers in our living rooms/ offices, but I do think that the way computers are going, they will indeed be, as speculated by many, a VERY big part of our future.

Of course there are somethings that can only be done by man, but for everything else, master card steps aside and we now have computers!

I for one believe that computers are ace, I love mine but not like the love for a beautiful woman! (Have you seen the pics on the wwf divas site.......OUCH......)

Anyway, I think that power will grown and grow and become much more complicated and in the not too distant future there will be a break-through in PC power capabilities and we'll see some serious......!!!!

The Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.