GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fear in the gaming industry"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/01/01 at 14:08
Regular
Teken Tag, Gran Turismo 3, Metal Gear Solid - sons of liberty, Fifa 2001 and the list goes on... We are only three months on since the PS2 got released and look at the sequals there are for it. I know these are great games in their own right but come on is this what we expect from possibly the greatest games console to graze planet earth. I hope things will improve. There are a few shining examples like Fantavision and The Getaway that show what can be acheived with a little bit of thought.

I really hope developers dont go for the tried and tested, come on guys (and gals!) be different, show the originality and power of the PS2.

This doesn't just go for the games but also for gaming magazines and web sites. Will magazines and web-sites go for the tried and tested or will they dare to be different?

Only time will tell but the PS2 has shown the power is there. Its up to the developers of games and magazine/web-site staff to take us to THE THIRD PLACE!
Mon 15/01/01 at 20:50
"possibly impossible"
Fear in the gaming community? That reminds me of the time we worked for Capcom and had to fetch those zombies so they could do the motion capture on them for the Res Evil games.

Darn hard to catch, and when you tried to stick those ping pong balls to them all they always tried to bite you. Hard work making games these days.
Mon 15/01/01 at 19:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> (secretly planning to take over the world myself... As Dr.
> Collosus)

Anybody know the best way for world domination?

Steal everyone's sugar, destroy everyone's home, pee on everyone's kitchen floor and make everyone work for home and food.

Well, that's what my Ant colony did to a Cockroach colony in our home town somewhere in the Phillipines.
Mon 15/01/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
(secretly planning to take over the world myself... As Dr. Collosus)

Anybody know the best way for world domination?
Sat 13/01/01 at 22:09
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Gah....well, wait 'til you see what I have planned...hehe...muahaha...etc
Sat 13/01/01 at 21:54
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
It would seem your conspiricy to introduce SSX as a word into the English language has been foiled by none other than the person who set out to foil it... ironic, no? :)
Sat 13/01/01 at 21:11
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Technically it's 3 words - Snowboarding Super Cross - each letter needs pronuoncing individually, so yes, esesex
Sat 13/01/01 at 20:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Yeah, but in the gamers guide to PS2, PS2 is a word... How do you prounounce SSX? (ESESEX?, SEX?) :)
Sat 13/01/01 at 19:53
It is in the gamers guide to PS2
Sat 13/01/01 at 19:31
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Does that count as a word? ;)
Sat 13/01/01 at 19:17
One word, three letters SSX.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.