GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lack of class in this forum"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/03 at 12:16
Regular
I haven't heard of any exciting new Frech films in ages - where's Mr Happy got to?
Mon 03/03/03 at 08:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Irreversilble is a supremely foul-tasting film.
It's not exactly Memento and a lot of people are going to watch it because of the "shock" value, and get bored by it.

However, it is thought-provoking, hard-hitting and demanding. Think the final 20 mins of Requiem for a Dream, but stretched out for a whole movie.
I felt drained and stained having watched it and don't fancy seeing it again.

Other "classy" movies around at the moment:

The Hours - Nicole Kidman plays Virginia Woolf. This is a film with lots of dowdy women talking about how rubbish everything is and berating men,whilst at the same time fretting about their spinsterhood. Think Sex in The City minus comedy and baps. One for the bitter lesbians.

The Pianist - Fugitive peadeophile Roman Polanksi plunders his own youth to create a film about The Holocaust. This immediately forbids critics from their usual stance of "He used to be good but let's face it, he sucks now" because it's not on to criticise well-meaning Holocaust films. On opinions of two mates, it's either
(a) "Excellent. Polanksi uses his typical detached style to alienate the viewer and put them in the mindest of a victim"
(b) "Rubbish. But the tanks were cool"
Sun 02/03/03 at 20:09
Regular
Irreversible is supposed to be the French Memento. With rape.
Sun 02/03/03 at 17:03
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I haven't heard of any exciting new Frech films in ages - where's Mr
> Happy got to?

Play have a sale on loads of world arty DVDs..maybe they'll have some Frech(?!) films.
Sun 02/03/03 at 16:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ooo.

Tremors.

That bit where it falls out the cliff and goes *squelch*

Lovely.
Sun 02/03/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Tremors rocked (pun not intended), never saw the seuqel though.

The story for the sequel is (typically) the tremors have returned, only this time they're more intelligent. It's a lot more comical than the first one, but it's not as good in my opinion.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:28
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
The film El Blokey mentioned is Irreversible. It's got Vincent Cassel, who's been in Brotherhood of the Wolf, La Haine, Shrek (Monsieur Hood) and other cool stuff. I really wanna see it. Not for the rape scene, but for the curiousity of another film with the scenes played backwards.

Speaking of classy films, Solaris was a pile of eagle droppings.
Sun 02/03/03 at 13:52
Regular
Tremors rocked (pun not intended), never saw the seuqel though.
Sun 02/03/03 at 13:51
Regular
"That's right!"
Tremors ruled. Val and Earl could think their way out of any situation. And they ruled.
Sun 02/03/03 at 13:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Heh, tremors. I was scared when i seen the first one. What was i thinking.
Sun 02/03/03 at 13:14
Regular
"That's right!"
Tremors 3 uses footage from Tremors 1... that isn't a good sign.

My mate says there's a tremors mini series in the works. That should be good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.