GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most confusing topic EVER?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 20:56
Regular
I always seem to have theories that come to me that I have no idea where they come from and when I try to explain them people just seem to go….WHAT?

I tried to explain this the other day, see if you have any idea what I’m talking about!

When we look into space we see plants/starts that are millions of years old, but because of the distance between them and us we see those planets as they were thousands/millions of years ago (distance covered divided by speed of light as to how long it’d take for it’s image to reach Earth) – This is a well documented FACT. However that means that if someone is looking at our planet from a great distance they then are seeing this planet as it was millions of years ago, possibly before any life formed, but does that mean that at any one moment in time there are billions and trillions of ‘images’ of life at the same position on Earth at the same time.

Lets look at where you are right now, wherever you are, in your bedroom, lounge, office, at work etc, is there a possibility that right now in that very space there is a battle happening between involving the Vikings, or even the Romans, is there currently a Dinosaur exactly where your sitting, but because of the time space continuum you just can’t see, hear or feel anything. Then again could that be what ghosts are! Are they breaks in the time space continuum when we see a moment of the past for a fraction of time until it corrects itself. If so why do we not see the future?

Look at your actions right now, if this theory were correct then that would mean that at every position on this planet there would have to be, in theory, images/stills and possible freeze frames would have to exist of every little movement you make and that of every living or non-living object in that exact space…if you were to freeze frame time at that precise moment! How many would that be though, millions, billions, trillions?

Is it Possible? Who knows but if the human race were to become technologically advanced to move to a planet outside of our solar system, when we look at planet Earth, what era would we be looking at it in, and if you could have immediate/instant teleporting abilities would you visit Earth as it was then or is now? (Just like the saying if a tree falls with no one around, does it make a noise?) Is this what UFO’s are? Are they instantaneous transporting devises…who knows? Who would even confess to know, let alone want to know?

What would be interesting though is that if say this all were possible, lets go a bit silly and bring Superman into the picture. Now in Superman III, Superman travels around the world so fast tat he reverses time, now this would be difficult for anything we currently have or know about to do as it’d burn up from travelling at such a velocity. Lets say for the sake of this point it is possible, would time be reversed just for Earth, or the whole solar system…or what about the universe. If it were jut Earth, how would it affect those on other planets looking in at us? What would they then see?

Now this went way over the heads of the people I was saying it too, but could it be possible rather than theory, and if so, how would it be proved…photographs, telescopes, I have no idea, I don’t confess to knowing, but is it possible or just plain madness?
Mon 03/03/03 at 11:07
Regular
"I ush!"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> They argued that drinking 20 alcoholic drinks at 5% volume meant
> they
> had drunk the equivalent of something at 100% volume, grrr!!!
>
> But it does!
>
>

Yeah, if the something that was 100% volume were a pint of something accompanied with 19 pints of mixer . .

Eeeww, nineteen pints of coke,

I managed nine one, It wasn't fun.
Mon 03/03/03 at 10:58
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Bonus wrote:
> They argued that drinking 20 alcoholic drinks at 5% volume meant they
> had drunk the equivalent of something at 100% volume, grrr!!!

But it does!

:)
Mon 03/03/03 at 09:13
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
CDouch wrote:
> My head hurts. The most complexed theory of mine is that death could
> just be re-living life over and over in your mind. Almost like a
> dream. But that brings the question, am I already dead and I'm just
> re-living my life? Some people would say, well you'd remember that if
> you were. But what if you can't and I actually lived millions of years
> ago but have just been living a memory that I can't remember...
>
> Yes. The title was right, most confusing topic.

Could that therefore be what deja-vu is? You remembering the life you're continually reliving?
Sun 02/03/03 at 10:47
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Crazy. Can't add anything to the debate, but interesting anyway.
Sun 02/03/03 at 03:23
Regular
Hmmmm, the most complicated argument I ever got into with my mates was just some of them being plane stupid.

They argued that drinking 20 alcoholic drinks at 5% volume meant they had drunk the equivalent of something at 100% volume, grrr!!!
Sun 02/03/03 at 00:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry.
For a moment, I thought I saw a load of forum-people being all scientific about quantum mechanics etc.

*wipes eyes*
Sun 02/03/03 at 00:24
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I remember I used to have some fantastic complex conversations with my mates at crap parties. It'd start off with serious possibilites that we went into extreme detail with but as the night progressed and the drunkeness set in, they would become more and more ridiculous with massive holes in the theories. Some of the things we came up with on life after death were fantastically imaginative.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter. If I get too involved then I'll start running it over and over in my head and I'll never get to sleep tonight. That thing about ghosts is cool though.
Sat 01/03/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Simon Says wrote:
the actual equation is x'a= (xa - vt)/((1-(v^2/c^2))^(1/2))

*nods wisely in agreement*

(meh?)
Sat 01/03/03 at 23:43
Regular
"I ush!"
Simon Says wrote:

couple of ammendments,

> Although this would be pretty cool a guy called Einstien said it's not
> possible, and I'm inclined to believe him, as the faster you travel
> the more massive you become (E=mc2) so you get heavier and heavier

as a consequence of E=mc2

> until the energy to push you over the speed of light becomes infinite.
> To top that off, a guy called LaGrange said that according to the

Lorentz, not laGrange,
and the actual equation is x'a= (xa - vt)/((1-(v^2/c^2))^(1/2))

pretty nasty
Sat 01/03/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Think about that death thing for a bit and suddenly it just clears your mind and seems to put things into perspective.

It's probably not what happens but it's just a possiblity I never considered until a few weeks ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.