GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've changed my mind! I want to take offers for cheap domain registering!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 12:56
Regular
Hi,

I've looked around the internet and I still can't find a cheap place to register a domain. Hosting isn't important for me rite now.

Also, if I do except an offer here I'll need to know how much, if anything, it'll cost to move my domain name away from you when the time comes.

If I do get a few offers (gulp!) it'll be the cheapest that I'll go for.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help.
Fri 07/03/03 at 21:55
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
123-reg.co.uk - works out at around £6.58 inc VAT for a 2 year .co.uk domain

Then you could use...

www.portland.co.uk who offer free hosting with no crappy adverts or anything like that....

Used this set up for a while now myself for many sites.
Fri 07/03/03 at 20:18
Regular
123-reg seems cheap, but they charge 2.99 per month for hosting while Freeola is almost everything included. I update my site every few months and pay just one or two pounds for phone bill. Of course I always look for better prices, but seems Freeola suite me very well.
Wed 05/03/03 at 00:07
Regular
""
Oooo dont mention Powweb to me. If only I could get just 5 minutes in a room with them. It would get messy.

They messed me around *so* badly. I believe some people have had good experiences with them but I finally got some of my money back off them when we started talking in legal terms.

Needless to say I wouldnt go near them with yours...

If its a hosting recommendation you want i switched from Powweb to myithost.net and they have been sooo helpful. Unlike Powweb how you had to plead to get some American jerk to talk to you for 2 minutes, myithost answer email queries normally within the hour.

I learnt the hard way. Hosting in the States might be that bit cheaper, but when something goes wrong and you need to speak to someone, theres nothing more annoying than having to use an international phone number to call them during their office hours which is inveriably very different from yours.
Tue 04/03/03 at 23:14
"High polygon count"
Advert in a mag for 123-reg...

9p UK Domain Names, includes:

Web based control panel, web forwarding, change name servers, holding page wizard, catch-all e-mail forwarding, 100 e-mail forwarding addresses, full domain renewal and management, change IPS tags, change contact details, display and e-mail invoice, manage your own DNS, domain name locking, affiliate scheme, no transfer fee out, domain watchers, POP3 and sub-domains.

They also offer a hosting package for £2.99 per month, 250MB space, 1GB data transfer, cgi/perl, online file manager, 10 POP3 accounts, Webalizer stats, unlimited e-mail forwarding addresses.

I personally went with powweb.com for my own site. For $7.77 per month, you get:

500 MB Storage! - 250 POP3 Email Accounts
Yourname.com - Online Community
30 GB Transfer - FrontPage 2002 Ext.
WebStats - SSL, MySQL, PHP4
Member Operations - 99.7% Uptime
24/7 FTP Access - 2 Months FREE
Web-Based E-mail - Plus More!!

And you can set up other people for restricted FTP access to your space.
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:55
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I registered a domain with oneandone yesterday. They've received some nice awards, and look like a generally good site.

I would post the results of how it turns out, but seeing as this is Freeola's teritory, I won't mention oneandone again :)
Tue 04/03/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I wouldn't trust oneandone, but 123reg.co.uk are great.
Tue 04/03/03 at 12:48
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
oneandone are good, never had any probs with them, 123reg.co.uk also.
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:31
Regular
"where's my tag?"
1p a minute for them services kind of makes them not free.
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:12
"www.Freeola.info"
To clarify:

To buy 1 .uk domain name is £15.99 +VAT If you buy more than one domain name at the same time, all other domain names get a £6.00 discount (9.99 +VAT)

The other thing that you need to check is who will actually own the domain name. All .uk domain names have a fixed 2 year purchase/renewal period, so you cannot actually buy a .co.uk for only one year. You should check who would own the name for the second year.

Freeola/GetDotted only charge £10.00+VAT to transfer the domain names admin and billing details away. If you just want to move the hosting (DNS), we do not charge for this.

If you get a domain name, through www.GetDotted.com we offer free hosting on Freeola. This includes:

FREE UNLIMITED e-mail addresses and e-mail forwarding
FREE UNLIMITED web space with PHP, CGI & SSI for professional functionality
ZERO advertising, banners or popups on your web pages
FREE easy to use Control Panel to manage your account
FREE customer support (no premium rate lines!)
ZERO charges from Freeola - we don't ask for any payment details.

You should check what the other company actually offers.

Also, and this is important, how easy is it to contact them? Do they give a phone number?
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:01
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
How about £1.99 a year for a .co.uk ?

http://www.oneandone.co.uk/

Chris.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.