GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bad day"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 10:46
Regular
***Warning. Contains ranting, you may not care***

Bah.

Was going home today. Waited for the bus to the train station. It never showed.
Tried to phone a taxi. First number didn't work. Second couldn't get here in time.
Went to look for more taxi numbers. The notice listing them had been taken down.
Missed train.

Walk to train station for next train, an hour or so later. 'You do know the next train's not until half eleven?'
'No, I thought there was one at ten' No, there wasn't.

Checked bank balance for tuition fees being taken out on monday. I'll have £5 left in my account until the basketball team pay me the money they owe me (over £200).

Walked home again.
Check web site for train times again. Yep, sam as I'd thought.
Check using town's full (long welsh) name, instead of the abbreviation which everyone uses, just on the offchance.
That'd be it then, the timetable chimps have stopped calling this place Aber (they used to, the last time I checked times), and have now presumably given the title to some other welsh dirt-hole.
And had I got that first bus/taxi down there would have been a real train ten minutes after my ficticious one, which would probably have been waiting at the station.

The plan now is to try the bus into town at eleven, which should leave me time to walk if it doesn't show again, pay a check in (to a machine) to move some money from my savings account (now also in an (agreed) overdraft) into my main account, in case some direct debit thing tries to go through while I have no money. Though if I don't have time it can wait.
Then, hopefully, this time I get the train and go home for the increasingly short weekend.

*Wonders what'll go wrong next*
Sat 01/03/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Heh, unlucky mate.

*A pop-up message on Duck's comp appears saying "You have won £1 Million from Chris Tarrant! Click Here to confirm!". He's about to click, and his computer blows up. A car then crashes through his front window. House is then hit by lightning, killing all electrical power."
Sat 01/03/03 at 16:05
Regular
Close enough :^)

Ah well, at the bank foyer (the rest closed, saturday) the pen thing had gone, so I had to go buy some biros, but so far that's the only other bad thing...

Oh, and I saw some muppet almost become a victim of pavement rage. Looking up the one way street for traffic, he stepped onto the road, straight into this guy walking across his path.
The (possibly drunkish) bloke he stepped into looked at him, muttered 'for ****s sake...' and walked on, the other guy shouted something half way between an explanation and a retaliation at him. Drunkish guy turns around, seemed to be thinking for a second as he glared at him, then thinks better of it and walks off.

Nothing major, but it would have been the first time I'd seen something like that kick off.

Actually he couldn't have been drunk, it was only quater past 11. Could he?
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:30
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Another reason not to go to Wales.

Aberswyth or something right? Thing is I've been told to go to a Uni open day there soon, although I don't really want to.

The worst I've done is miss the bus, unlucky Duck :P
Sat 01/03/03 at 11:14
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Could be worse. you could have no limbs and be being chased by whomever is today's media peadophile of choice.
Sat 01/03/03 at 10:46
Regular
***Warning. Contains ranting, you may not care***

Bah.

Was going home today. Waited for the bus to the train station. It never showed.
Tried to phone a taxi. First number didn't work. Second couldn't get here in time.
Went to look for more taxi numbers. The notice listing them had been taken down.
Missed train.

Walk to train station for next train, an hour or so later. 'You do know the next train's not until half eleven?'
'No, I thought there was one at ten' No, there wasn't.

Checked bank balance for tuition fees being taken out on monday. I'll have £5 left in my account until the basketball team pay me the money they owe me (over £200).

Walked home again.
Check web site for train times again. Yep, sam as I'd thought.
Check using town's full (long welsh) name, instead of the abbreviation which everyone uses, just on the offchance.
That'd be it then, the timetable chimps have stopped calling this place Aber (they used to, the last time I checked times), and have now presumably given the title to some other welsh dirt-hole.
And had I got that first bus/taxi down there would have been a real train ten minutes after my ficticious one, which would probably have been waiting at the station.

The plan now is to try the bus into town at eleven, which should leave me time to walk if it doesn't show again, pay a check in (to a machine) to move some money from my savings account (now also in an (agreed) overdraft) into my main account, in case some direct debit thing tries to go through while I have no money. Though if I don't have time it can wait.
Then, hopefully, this time I get the train and go home for the increasingly short weekend.

*Wonders what'll go wrong next*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.