GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Do I Setup A .CGI To Uload A File?!?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/01/01 at 21:00
Regular
I'm trying to setup a CGI scripts to allow people to upload .txt files to my site...

However, I also need them to upload the file with some form information....

Getting the form to work is not problem... but getting a file upload has completly lost me...

I've tired various stand alone upload CGI scripts, and customised a CGI-LIB.PM script & HTML... however, no matter what I try to do I cant get Freeserve to upload any of my stuff....

HELP!...
Sat 13/01/01 at 19:24
You may wan't to check out this site:

http://htmlgoodies. earthweb. com/attach.html

(Note: Take out the spaces, it's because the address is over 45 Chars long, sorry )

It is either CGI or ASP, but don't worry because Freeola and Getdotted support both of these. Sorry, thats all the help I can offer. Mainly because I'm with a really rubbish Host/Server (UK2.net) that 'Havn't Yet Made Any PLans To Install These "New" scripts to our servers'. Hmmmm
Thu 11/01/01 at 21:00
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I'm trying to setup a CGI scripts to allow people to upload .txt files to my site...

However, I also need them to upload the file with some form information....

Getting the form to work is not problem... but getting a file upload has completly lost me...

I've tired various stand alone upload CGI scripts, and customised a CGI-LIB.PM script & HTML... however, no matter what I try to do I cant get Freeserve to upload any of my stuff....

HELP!...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.