GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh Juve, Juve, Juve..... *Shakes Head*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 21:11
Regular
Deary me.....

What's gone wrong tonight!?
3 times of the woodwork, and 2, sorry, 3 perfect chances to put it away, and it's just not been their night.

Aw man, I really can't see them coming back now.
I'm cursing and swearing here, did the defense smoke something before they came on the park?

All 3 goals, the defenses' fault.

The slip, and the badly aimed block for the first, back pedalling at exactly the wrong time - when Giggs is running at you - for the second, and the most stupid thing to do since the idea of the Spice Girls reform - laying it back to your keeper when your 2 feet from goal. It then hits the post, goes straight to Ruud, and boom.

I honestly cannot believe this.
And now Gary Neville is trying to chip one of Europes top keepers, and Italy's best.

Muuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

*shakes head is dismay*
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:56
Regular
So much for Juventus winning, eh JoeFro :)
Wed 26/02/03 at 17:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Oh, sublime pass by Viera - a simple tap to the player stood next to
> him.

---

Heh.

Yeah, I suppose that's true.

The big teams then - the commentators love the teams that they know stand a good chance in Europe because it will do good for English football - good logic, really.
Wed 26/02/03 at 17:02
"Darkness, always"
I have to disagree with that. Every time I an Arsenal game the commentators praise everything that the Arsenal players do, even when it's crap.

Oh, sublime pass by Viera - a simple tap to the player stood next to him.

This is superb play by arsenal, they're dominating the game here - after regaining the ball following a 5 minute spell without possession.

Dumb.
Wed 26/02/03 at 16:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yes, the commentators were biased, and don't try and argue any of that crap that it's because they're English - they support Man U whoever they're playing.

When Arsenal play: "Oh, shot by Henry, and it's a goal! Arsenal playing brilliantly once again."
When Man U play: "And here comes Giggs - swings the ball in, headed by Van Nistelrooy, GOAL! AND UNITED HAVE SCORED! EXCELLENT PIECE OF PLAY FROM MANCHESTER UNITED - 1-0!!!!!!!!!

English commentators are mostly in favour of Man U whoever they're playing. They'll criticise them afterwards, but compare their reactions to Man U's games to the reactions ay Arsenal games - a lot different.

And anyway, back to the actual topic it hand.

Man U were a solid team, that were great at the back, and also really good going forwards - Giggs was particularly good to watch, and the Juventus back line couldn't handle him. Beckham also played a wealth of great long balls, and Keane played very well at the back - strong performance, strong team, and they did deserve the victory.

However, if Trezeguet hadn't been diving all over the place, he might actually have put away at least one of his many chances. I counted him missing 4 or 5 chances due to his falling over - either the victim of bad tackles (what I thought a few times) or the culprit behind diving (which the commentators thought all the time...) - still, without Del Piero, the Juve front line isn't working too well - Salas is crap, and Trezeguet and Di Vaio just can't work together.

Not taking anything away from Man U, as they did play really well throughout, but if Juve were more accurate in front of goal, we could've had a completely different scoreline.

(And Davids were brilliant, yet again)
Wed 26/02/03 at 15:04
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
You just seem to pinpoint the facts about chances in the match and I agree it's all about goals in a football match, it was an open game in which we took our chances well but it was also a good solid all round play - Juve had chances and didn't take them and we did - correct, but we also worked harder than Juve and did restict them, every time Davids or Nedved got the ball, P.Neville or Veron came in with great challenges and countered them, it is a fact that the likes of Davids and Nedved create a lot for them and do a lot of the bustling in midfield and they didn't really get a look in because we restricted them, we played well and I couldn't be more happier.

The only thing that worries me is that we have become a team that is adapting well to playing in Europe, but the style of play is different in the premiership and we need to start remembering what that is.
Wed 26/02/03 at 14:26
"High polygon count"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Of course they did - did you actually watch the game?

Yes.

> Veron and Beckham were controlling the midfield and on the break we caused them
> all sorts of problems

And given calmer nerves in front of goal, you could easily have been 4-2 down at half-time. That's not what I consider "stopping them playing" by any stretch of the imagination!

> Incompetence infront of goal.... at times yes - not that Keane and
> Ferdinand were outstanding on the night making last ditch saves and
> great all round defending - Juve were going to have chances, they were
> at home and should have scored a couple but they were also restricted
> at times by Utd's stubborn display - but I see you fail to ignore that
> fact.

No, not at all. You say yourself "resitricted *at times*", but by no means all of the time. Fact is they had at least four clear opportunities when no United player got anywhere near them, and simply fluffed the shot. They also hit the woodwork three times!

Like I said, credit to United for a much-improved performance over the Bolton game, but it was far from a sublime performance. Had Juve had their striking boots on, I suspect we'd be talking - at least - about a close game, or maybe even another 'poor' display from United.

At the end of the day, United took their chances and Juve didn't - which is what football is all about. But it was more because Juve never really got going than because United were spectacularly good.
Wed 26/02/03 at 14:10
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Don' I don't deny it was a solid performance from United

Indeed, solid performance - restricted Juve from playing how they like to in their own back yard.

>but the TV bods are well over the top.

When aren't they?

>It was by no means an outstanding performance - they did what they had to do

for me a win at the deli alpi was impossible before the game, who would have thought United would go there and win 3-0? Juve were restricted to playing fluent football. I am very happy about the result and it means us winning the group with still 2 games remaining - where im sure we shall see younger players given the chance to shine.

> And it wasn't because United didn't let them play or anything like
> that

Of course they did - did you actually watch the game? Veron and Beckham were controlling the midfield and on the break we caused them all sorts of problems, just like Ajax did when they came to Highbury.

> Juve had plenty of the ball, and plenty of chances - but for
> their incompetence in front of goal, it could have been 4-2 to Juve at
> half time, just as easily as it could have been 3-0 to United.

Incompetence infront of goal.... at times yes - not that Keane and Ferdinand were outstanding on the night making last ditch saves and great all round defending - Juve were going to have chances, they were at home and should have scored a couple but they were also restricted at times by Utd's stubborn display - but I see you fail to ignore that fact.
Wed 26/02/03 at 13:02
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> On that evidence, if Juve are the best Italy has to offer, I'd hate to
> see the rest of their teams!

You mean the Juve' reserve team? :P

Alot of crap going round here..

Of course it will send shockwaves around Europe.

Juve hadnt even conceded a goal in thier last 7 champions league home games and this was thier biggest defeat EVER.
Wed 26/02/03 at 12:41
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> The "shockwaves around Europe" comment that was made was a
> complete joke!

If you had not seen the game and just heard the result then I am sure it would have raised a few eyebrows, okay maybe not shockwaves.
Wed 26/02/03 at 12:24
Regular
It was a very solid and professional performance by Untied last night, they did what they had to do, what did everyone make of keane at the back? I think he had a solid game, made some vital interceptions.

Now why can’t we play like that in the league?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.