GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Nintendo is going to rock the world (again1)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/01/01 at 18:59
Regular
All I hear is Sony this, PSX that, and sometimes Microsoft. But you have to ask yourself what the hell is going on in the world, besides the mass-produced (well most of the time), and overhyped region of the market. Nintendo and Sega have been around the longest, and Nintendo will probibily be around for alot longer. Nintendo have some of the best consoles for there time.
The NES - more colours than the Master System and more great games as well.
The GameBoy - the best handheld games console ever, and the best selling console ever. Onto it's 5th re-vamp and another set to be released soon.
The SNES - again better technology than the MegaDrive, better games, didn't need any other drives to boost sales. (With the exeption of the playstation add-on made by Nintendo and the money hungry Sony, this fell throught because Sony wanted more money and their name on all games. Nintendo pulled out and 3years later the PASX was released.)
The N64 - This was the best 64-bit console ever, and the games were far supiour to the PSX and Saturn, the only problem was that the games were on carts, instead on CD's.
The GameCube - well the first screen shots look alot better than the PS2's game release's and it was made cheaper and with more than 4 million CameCube's ready for the launch around the world, who will be the better machine and have teh better sales.
As for the future Nintendo will thrive with the GameBoy Advance and the GameCube, and possible other consoles. The games have a higher quality than the compertion because of their Seal of Approval. Do you think that Nintendo will just disapear. I think not.
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
With Sega pretty much out of the game ... and I hear thinkg (again!) about just making arcade machines and Nintendo/X-Box games... It always was a big of a three legged horse in this race... Sony already have the biggest market... the best advertising and gimmicks comming out... MS have the best software developers, Hardware Spec, Money, (although it'll be interesting to see if their as good at selling to the public as they are you businesses)... Nintendo may do very well in Europe... and may survuve in America... but unless they start taking more interest in the European market, there going to lose out...
Thu 11/01/01 at 19:53
As much as I agree that Nintendoare the best, with the succes of the original PSX, its obvios that they are in for a hard time, and going by the poularity it already has, I think the PSx2 will be one tough cookie (or fan heater as it looks more like one) to beat, then theirs the X-Box. Better specs, but an inexperienced console company behind it. Although the GC has an incredibaly easy developing kit, the GC isnt out for AAAAAGGGGGGES, and the PSX2 will have rocked the world, Sega will have announced their new console (if there still around) and X-Box will be out, so the big N is gonna have a hard time, as long as they bring games ut like Mario, Wave Race and the likes thewy stand a good chance, but I would keep my hopes up.

BTW, the SNES had worse specs than the MD, it just used what it did have more effectivly, and the GameBoy is about to have its 4th revamp if I remember right. There was original, pocket, colour, and soon the GBA. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Thu 11/01/01 at 18:59
All I hear is Sony this, PSX that, and sometimes Microsoft. But you have to ask yourself what the hell is going on in the world, besides the mass-produced (well most of the time), and overhyped region of the market. Nintendo and Sega have been around the longest, and Nintendo will probibily be around for alot longer. Nintendo have some of the best consoles for there time.
The NES - more colours than the Master System and more great games as well.
The GameBoy - the best handheld games console ever, and the best selling console ever. Onto it's 5th re-vamp and another set to be released soon.
The SNES - again better technology than the MegaDrive, better games, didn't need any other drives to boost sales. (With the exeption of the playstation add-on made by Nintendo and the money hungry Sony, this fell throught because Sony wanted more money and their name on all games. Nintendo pulled out and 3years later the PASX was released.)
The N64 - This was the best 64-bit console ever, and the games were far supiour to the PSX and Saturn, the only problem was that the games were on carts, instead on CD's.
The GameCube - well the first screen shots look alot better than the PS2's game release's and it was made cheaper and with more than 4 million CameCube's ready for the launch around the world, who will be the better machine and have teh better sales.
As for the future Nintendo will thrive with the GameBoy Advance and the GameCube, and possible other consoles. The games have a higher quality than the compertion because of their Seal of Approval. Do you think that Nintendo will just disapear. I think not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.