GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Coldplay Exorcism"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/02/03 at 18:58
Regular
Best alternative album? Best live performance? So America has fallen too. Coldplay have gotten into their heads, and are rewiring the brain to tell them that the drone that is the music of Coldplay is in some way good.

Formulaic guitar music for a generation of shruggers. It doesn't matter, it's nothing, and yet it's hugely popular. There is no excitement in the music of Coldplay, their albums are songs to remain the same too. Listen to the lifeless songs, and fall into a deep sleep. As he sings in their latest single, they ARE part of the disease that is rife in the world.

Listen to Coldplay, and you don't have to matter, you don't have to achieve anything, because you can find comfort in their misery.

I truly do not understand how Coldpaly have been supported in recent times by much more exciting bands, Idlewild, for instance. How can a crowd go from watching Idlewild, to the nothing that is Coldplay?

Is Chris Martin the most dull man on the planet? Or is there something more to it? Coldplay are sucking the life out of every person that purchases their albums. There is something more sinister about this band than predictable and lifeless guitar music, they are a conspiracy to make the world dull, they are evil, they are the band of the Devil. The common myth that rock is the music of the devil is wrong, is formulaic indie-pop that is the true evil!

We cannot go on like this. Something has to be done. I suggest we bring in an exorcist.

"Give way to Rock, you princes of musical murder! You're guilty, before Almighty God, guilty before his son, guilty before the whole human race. It's the Lord who expels you. He who is coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire.

The power of Rock compels you!

The power of Rock compels you!"

They may shiver, and turn yellow, they may even experience a rush of blood to the head, but they would be free from their shackles. Chris Martin could start to sing like he actually cares, show some emotion. The rest of the band could try to improvise with their instruments, produce something a little different from the latest version of the last song.

Perhaps when they played live there would be some action, they could dance around rather than plod through the same sound, again and again. Maybe then they could save the world, instead of sending that monotonous sound into our heads, that imprisons us in our beds, with no hope, no saviour, no soul.

Exorcising the demon Coldplay would be a good start, but it wouldn't be enough. The next step would be to scour the seven seas to find the sour, souless ship Starsailor and sink it into the depths.
Sat 01/03/03 at 13:55
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well I started reading this just at the Scientist started on my playlist.

I have to admit I used to hate them. Their first album was SOOOO boring and so slow and so depressing and so dull and so everything negative. There are a couple of songs I like off the new album though, and I need some more slow music so I was considering buying it. It'd only cost me 4 quid on Amazon anyway so even if most of it is crap, it won't annoy me too much.

People are way to negative about them though. I mean you're going on about how they won some awards and how bad that is for the world but at least they play their own instruments and write their own songs. Think of all this other true pop crap with 'artists' who win awards for nothing. They don't write music, they don't play instruments, they just 'sing'.

A true evil force is the Sugerbabes or Sugababes or however they wanna spell their ridiculous name. I can understand how a band like this could come into existence if they were actually attractive. Two of them I could quite easily call hideous. There is one who is quite nice but she is just over-shadowed by the one who looks like that woman off the Playstation adverts ages ago. You know, the one who's face had been altered to make it look like an alien. Plus their music must be damaging the sales of countless shops all over the country. That Round Round song seems to play in every shop everywhere and each time it starts, it just drives me from the store.

The best way to counter this music is to live in the past. You don't get the speedy guitar music of Maiden, Guns N Roses and Metallica anymore and that was the best music you could get. I should have been born a decade earlier. I really should have, then I could have lived in the present with the great bands when they weren't over-the hill burnouts! Well, Maiden are still great and Metallica aren't finished either but let go Axl! You're a who thinks way to much of himself! Anyway, as for being born a decade earlier, in the words of Blaze Bayley, 'it's just not meant to be.' But it should have been nonetheless...
Sat 01/03/03 at 02:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
> Clutch bend Coldplay over a chair and adminster the rock-***k.

lol!!!!
Sat 01/03/03 at 02:13
Regular
I like Coldplay.
Tue 25/02/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's Indie music for Essex boys.

But I quite like a few of their songs.
Tue 25/02/03 at 01:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Clutch bend Coldplay over a chair and adminster the rock-***k.

Really, effete whiny poof music for tortured souls and music to tape for a lass you're trying to impress with your "Look, I like sensitive music as well, you want to sleeeeeep wiiiith meeeee".

Balls.
Utter passionless, polite middle-class balls.
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Most of their songs are really depressing, I can't stand them...

Saying that, I do like Clocks as it's rather 'upbeat' for them and I like Yellow...

The rest are crap and depressing...
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I qite like Coldplay too.

But I know what you mean about them not changing you....or challenging you.

It never affects me, whereas (here I go) other emotional music, such as the Pumpkins does.

Coldplay have little hitting power....just lots of nice songs.
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:00
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I personally quite like them, or the song Clocks at least.

But hey, every man to his own.
Mon 24/02/03 at 19:53
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I hate bloody coldplay
Mon 24/02/03 at 18:58
Regular
"not dead"
Best alternative album? Best live performance? So America has fallen too. Coldplay have gotten into their heads, and are rewiring the brain to tell them that the drone that is the music of Coldplay is in some way good.

Formulaic guitar music for a generation of shruggers. It doesn't matter, it's nothing, and yet it's hugely popular. There is no excitement in the music of Coldplay, their albums are songs to remain the same too. Listen to the lifeless songs, and fall into a deep sleep. As he sings in their latest single, they ARE part of the disease that is rife in the world.

Listen to Coldplay, and you don't have to matter, you don't have to achieve anything, because you can find comfort in their misery.

I truly do not understand how Coldpaly have been supported in recent times by much more exciting bands, Idlewild, for instance. How can a crowd go from watching Idlewild, to the nothing that is Coldplay?

Is Chris Martin the most dull man on the planet? Or is there something more to it? Coldplay are sucking the life out of every person that purchases their albums. There is something more sinister about this band than predictable and lifeless guitar music, they are a conspiracy to make the world dull, they are evil, they are the band of the Devil. The common myth that rock is the music of the devil is wrong, is formulaic indie-pop that is the true evil!

We cannot go on like this. Something has to be done. I suggest we bring in an exorcist.

"Give way to Rock, you princes of musical murder! You're guilty, before Almighty God, guilty before his son, guilty before the whole human race. It's the Lord who expels you. He who is coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire.

The power of Rock compels you!"

They may shiver, and turn yellow, they may even experience a rush of blood to the head, but they would be free from their shackles. Chris Martin could start to sing like he actually cares, show some emotion. The rest of the band could try to improvise with their instruments, produce something a little different from the latest version of the last song.

Perhaps when they played live there would be some action, they could dance around rather than plod through the same sound, again and again. Maybe then they could save the world, instead of sending that monotonous sound into our heads, that imprisons us in our beds, with no hope, no saviour, no soul.

Exorcising the demon Coldplay would be a good start, but it wouldn't be enough. The next step would be to scour the seven seas to find the sour, souless ship Starsailor and sink it into the depths.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.