GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mac Gaming...(oh yeah)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/01/01 at 00:07
Regular
Deeper and deeper stretch the marbled hallways of the brilliant games that have been converted to work on OS on a mac.

All of us at special reserve have gazed upon the gaming industries past and current glories.

---The school kids are happy with there basic amusement and a change from the daily drudgery of class, they go home and enjoy a nice game of 'Theme Park' on there Mac.

---The students are little better (me), desperately trying not to fail there exams and what nots they play games which seem to call there names within there heads and they cant resist playing 'Deus Ex' again on their Mac

Some games we hoped to see in 2000 - are missing, but make no mistake that the games that where released onto the Mac were really good:

--The Sims
--Diablo II
--Deus Ex
--Star Wars: E1R

These are the ones I class in the Mac games of 2000.

2001 promises to shake things up: revolution is coming, no longer is the only computer a WIndows run system, the Mac is fighting strongly and is selling in Millions over the PC. Many companies are releasing games on both in America and I hope to see it happen here.

Thank you
er-no
Mon 15/01/01 at 18:21
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Nice to see Mac owners have taken it so well (cant blame you though) :)
Mon 15/01/01 at 17:34
Regular
"everyone says it"
No gatesy decided mac was better and vowed never to get a hair cut!
Mon 15/01/01 at 12:14
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The problem is Apple dont want the Mac to appear as a games machine, and to appear to be a business machine... which is why they try to keep a low profile on Mac games... So much so, that I've known times where there were more Linux games releases than Macs...

I have heard it does make a great games machine though?

(Didnt Gatesy buy a lot stocks in Apple?)
Mon 15/01/01 at 09:34
Yes I argee, mac gaming is getting better
Thu 11/01/01 at 23:12
Regular
We've said Deus Ex is good before.
Thu 11/01/01 at 23:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
That sounds like a wonderful card!

mmmm
Thu 11/01/01 at 23:08
Regular
I have a Matrox _______ 32Meg.

I forget the middle bit. But it's good.
Thu 11/01/01 at 23:07
Well I guess because the I-mac is a fairly standard system it can be pushed to the limits like a console!!! I heard 3D wasnt as good as with the PC cards, but then I guess the Mac has the advantage of not running under a Microsoft OS environment.

Personally Ive been trying to win an I-mac but I havent had any luck, and nobody wants to sell theres because theyre efficient...with no chance of getting a second hand bargain, I guess Ill have to hope Ill win the lottery.
Thu 11/01/01 at 23:07
Well I guess because the I-mac is a fairly standard system it can be pushed to the limits like a console!!! I heard 3D wasnt as good as with the PC cards, but then I guess the Mac has the advantage of not running under a Microsoft OS environment.

Personally Ive been trying to win an I-mac but I havent had any luck, and nobody wants to sell theres because theyre efficient...with no chance of getting a second hand bargain, I guess Ill have to hope I win the lottery.
Thu 11/01/01 at 23:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
The Imacs graphic card is BRILLIANT!!

Believe me as I have Deus Ex.

It is very, very good. better than Voodoo3. (thats the one I have in my PC!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.