GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"British Formula 1 in danger?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/11/08 at 15:10
"possibly impossible"
The owners of Donington Park have tried to quell fears that the track won't be ready for it's first Formula 1 race when it takes over from Silverstone in 2010.

One crucial planning application request is waiting for North West Leicestershire District Council to agree, but the Council have since confirmed that this cannot be granted until January 27th 2009.

After this, the Donington owners would be left with 14 months to complete the track and facilities to exacting standards set out by Bernie Ecclestone.

Ecclestone has made it clear that if the track isn't ready and meets the standards set then there will be no British Grand Prix at all.
Thu 20/11/08 at 15:10
"possibly impossible"
The owners of Donington Park have tried to quell fears that the track won't be ready for it's first Formula 1 race when it takes over from Silverstone in 2010.

One crucial planning application request is waiting for North West Leicestershire District Council to agree, but the Council have since confirmed that this cannot be granted until January 27th 2009.

After this, the Donington owners would be left with 14 months to complete the track and facilities to exacting standards set out by Bernie Ecclestone.

Ecclestone has made it clear that if the track isn't ready and meets the standards set then there will be no British Grand Prix at all.
Thu 20/11/08 at 15:27
Regular
What was wrong with Silverstone?
Thu 20/11/08 at 15:31
"possibly impossible"
They lost the licence due to not being able to meet the strict needs such as number of spectators, facilities etc. To be honest the parking is manic and on fields, the standing areas are basic and the whole customer side of Silverstone looks like a big travelling fairground has just rolled into town and set up shop.
Thu 20/11/08 at 15:36
Regular
Is that true GP? (He must have been there atleast twice, so he'll know too).

That's a pity, lets hope it gets finished in time. Wonder what will happen to Silverstone now though.
Thu 20/11/08 at 16:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Silverstone really isn't bad nowadays. The parking problems have been lessened significantly over the years, the traffic problems are also not as bad.

It's true that the circuit needs a bit of an upgrade but I still get the impression that this whole thing is down to Bernie's hatred of the BRDC. The BRDC didn't help by holding off and holding off even longer on upgrade plans but then they plan the upgrade and Bernie takes the race away from Silverstone.

Donington is in need of serious work and from what I've heard, traffic problems are notorious at Superbike meetings. It almost sounds like Bernie doesn't want a British GP. ;)

I think Silverstone's main problem is it isn't located near a big city, where Donington is pretty close to a big city. I will miss Silverstone because it was really simple to get to from where I live. The advantage with Donington is I know someone who works for one of the sponsors of the circuit, which could mean cheap/free tickets.
Thu 20/11/08 at 16:02
Regular
Mrs YH & I had already decided that we're going to the British GP next summer, as there won't be a race here after that.

Although, I have heard rumour that Bernie has put up some of the money for Donnington. I hope they can get the track ready, but they'll also need to seriously sort out the access problems. I've been there for much smaller events and it takes an age to get into the circuit. I've no idea how bad it will be with the thousands of F1 fans turning up...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.