GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can't delete file.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/02/03 at 01:40
Regular
Got a little problem here!

I was just cleaning up my computer for some free space.
Mostly music.

There is a certain file.. roughly 89MB, which I can't delete. If I click on it just once, my computer freezes. If I double click it, still the same effect as before. It is a music file.

I can't get around this problem. I've also tried searching for it on my hard drive and it finds no results.

Anyone know what to do and how to delete it?

Thanks.
Fri 21/02/03 at 01:40
Regular
"cachoo"
Got a little problem here!

I was just cleaning up my computer for some free space.
Mostly music.

There is a certain file.. roughly 89MB, which I can't delete. If I click on it just once, my computer freezes. If I double click it, still the same effect as before. It is a music file.

I can't get around this problem. I've also tried searching for it on my hard drive and it finds no results.

Anyone know what to do and how to delete it?

Thanks.
Fri 21/02/03 at 08:19
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Try shutting down and booting into DOS, and deleting it from there. What version of Windows do you have?
Fri 21/02/03 at 08:22
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Also running scandisk won't hurt, it sounds like you have FS corruption.
Fri 21/02/03 at 10:08
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
could try safe mode too.
Fri 21/02/03 at 11:12
"www.Freeola.info"
It is probably only deleting one of the files that is causing the problem.

If you try deleting the files say 10 at a time, you should be able to delete most of them and just leave you with the file/files that are causing the problem.
Fri 21/02/03 at 11:13
"Darkness, always"
if clicking on it freezes the PC, select it in explorer using the arrow keys, then press F2, rename it, and hold down shift when you press the delete key...
Fri 21/02/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
What kind of music file's 89 MB anyway?

I just remembered that I had this problem with a file once, and what I did was get a few I wanted to delete, selected all of them at once (making sure that the problem file was not the first one selected), and pressed delete. And they all dissapeared no problem.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:01
Regular
"cachoo"
freeola-moderator wrote:
> It is probably only deleting one of the files that is causing the
> problem.
>
> If you try deleting the files say 10 at a time, you should be able to
> delete most of them and just leave you with the file/files that are
> causing the problem.

Thank you so much! Did that, froze just once but it deleted. Glad I got rid of that now.

Bob_The_Moose wrote:
>What kind of music file's 89 MB anyway?

An album.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:02
Regular
"cachoo"
And thank you to the rest of you who offered help!
:D
Sat 22/02/03 at 00:41
Regular
"How Handy."
If we told you, we'd get banned..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.