GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, I did it."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 09:10
Regular
Moved out.
Left the girlfriend.
Why?

After 6 weeks of silence, distance and abuse I've had enough. Last night, and having thought more and more about it since writing in this thread, I decided I wouldn't take it anymore.
Started as soon as I got in, and I mean literally the moment I stepped through the door.

Door opens, I walk in and take off coat.
"You're home then" in a foul mood
"Uh...yes"
She grabs her fags and goes back upstairs, slamming the door.
I sit down in the living room and think "Here we go again"
10 mins later she comes in, slams her ashtray down "I didn't do any food, what do you fancy?"
"Ah...I'm fine thanks, not hungry"
"You c###"
"....what?"
"You pathetic c###"
And it goes again.

Phoned a mate to help me get my stuff out as quickly as possible and tolerate almost an hour of being told "You're ####ing stupid" and "I ####ing hate you, you worthless ####"

*sighs*
That's what happens when you're a nice bloke and treat women like dirt or slap them about - you get abused, without rhyme or reason, non-stop for 6 weeks. Night and day from the moment you get in until the moment you fall asleep.
I've not slept at all last night and currently sit at my desk trying to work out just what the hell happened.

But I do recognise the pattern of abuse in relationships.
Person gets angry, person says vile and hateful things.
Person then tells you that you're the reason they said those things because "you're so ####ing stupid".
It's the same old situation of a bloke standing over the cowering wife shouting "Look what you made me do"

No more. I'd rather take a few days of inconvenience and sleepless nights rather than have somebody constantly put me down, tell me I'm worthless and sneer at everything said or done.
Women? No thanks, I'm sure there are some perfect ones out there but I've had my fill for a long time.
Video games, music and mates is my existence.

And Scotty, if you're reading this mate, thanks for helping me last night. I rang because I knew you'd come running to help me, and I'd do the same for you without question or hesitation. I can't tell you how much I appreciate what you did for me, I am forever in your debt dude.

Now, where's my ####ing cigarettes and coffee?
This boy has 6 weeks of repressed anger and now-safe-to-vent fury to bleed out.
Tue 18/02/03 at 19:17
Regular
Hooray for Goatboy!
Tue 18/02/03 at 19:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Hurrah! Now just leave her address somewhere around the forum saying
> that she's free and easy, and see if she develops a following of pale
> skinned 13 year old gamers.

Bah...
Tue 18/02/03 at 17:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Hurrah! Now just leave her address somewhere around the forum saying
> that she's free and easy, and see if she develops a following of pale
> skinned 13 year old gamers.

Hey, I'm not 13!
Tue 18/02/03 at 17:50
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Hurrah! Now just leave her address somewhere around the forum saying that she's free and easy, and see if she develops a following of pale skinned 13 year old gamers.
Tue 18/02/03 at 17:41
Regular
"smile, it's free"
And will this one be stalking you for three months, like the other one?
Tue 18/02/03 at 17:10
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Good on you mate, a huge relief, eh?
Tue 18/02/03 at 17:08
Regular
"not dead"
All the best, man.

I'm sure you've done the right thing.

Don't take any crap, you don't deserve it.
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Well done for leaving her Goatboy. She was obviously a little unstable and was certainly carrying around a lot of baggage.

Now all you have to do is break free from her and ignore all her "I'm sorry, come back" pleas. Plenty more fish in the sea, you just have to fish for a while to catch a prize one.

Best of luck mate.

Oh yeah, this also shows how important your mates are. Buy that fella who helped you out a few beers. Glad I've got mates like that too who will help me out whenever I need them.....
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:50
"Darkness, always"
Indeed. Don't let those smiles haze your judgement.
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Goatboy? Living with a woman? I laugh at the idea!
---

Bang on mate. What the hell was I thinking?
Last time I get distracted by a nice pair of boobs and a smile.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.